Home Cigar 101
Options

Pancakes

youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
I am a very dry smoker. Nasty, juicy, cigar tar is something everyone deals with occasionally when attempting to 'nub' a fine stick.

Often times, towards the end of a smoke, I will perform a second cut.

The idea, is to clear away some of the buildup that accumulates during the natural course of smoking. I find that this will bring a certain, small amount of freshness back and make the end of the smoke a little more enjoyable.

Maybe it's silly, but it works great with torpedos and has kept my smoke dry and delicious many times so I thought I would share.

Happy Pancaking!
ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. I like it. I'm more of a bacon kind of guy but if I do pancake, I like em in stacks.
    photo BA95106A-orig.jpg
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Nice. I like it. I'm more of a bacon kind of guy but if I do pancake, I like em in stacks.
    photo BA95106A-orig.jpg
    Research? Haha at least you didn't make stacks of Padroncakes.

• Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Ive tried such things.... and ended up loosing a wrapper to peel. depends on the cigar I suppose. I prefer a punch but i like to punch real deep and leave a cavity. seems to thave the same effect for me.

Aj
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Never had this problem but I really never nub it...usually it's not good enough to nub.
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    youngryan216:
    Research? Haha at least you didn't make stacks of Padroncakes.

Ah damnit!
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Never had this problem but I really never nub it...usually it's not good enough to nub.
    Same here. Very rarely do I go through the effort to keep smoking a cigar to the nub.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Same here. Very rarely do I go through the effort to keep smoking a cigar to the nub.
    Sometimes, when it's right, I can't put it down. :)
  • Options
    wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    SleevePlz:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Ditto. But ive never had this problem. Though im a "wet" smoker if that matters.really never saw any tar or resin on my cigars.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Options
    wahooschock:
    youngryan216:
    SleevePlz:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Ditto. But ive never had this problem. Though im a "wet" smoker if that matters.really never saw any tar or resin on my cigars.
    Wet smokers disgust me haha, but to each his own. You paid for it, you could put it in your ear if you want. I am really just talking about clearing away the wetness that happens as you smoke. I literally cut it so its dry again.
  • Options
    wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    lol in my case its not intentional. just so tasty it makes me salivate. lol doesn't get ont the stick cause I spit
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love those new pumpkin pancakes at Denny's!! They are fantastics serve them with a liitle sweet cinnamon whip cream...so tasty ooh wait not those kinda ..OK..never mind..
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    twistedstem:
    I love those new pumpkin pancakes at Denny's!! They are fantastics serve them with a liitle sweet cinnamon whip cream...so tasty ooh wait not those kinda ..OK..never mind..
    Pancake Puppies FTW! Ever have the red velvet ones? Omnomnomnom
  • Options
    LeftOversLeftOvers Posts: 196 ✭✭
    i love pancakes the nexxt day