Home Non Cigar Related
Options

NFL Chat Thread...

Comments

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy cow what a day! Was at the some to witness in person the destruction of the Denver Broncos and all of the Bronco fans heading out with their tails between their legs. What a great day!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, bust out wins against the Colts and the Ravens seem to have been the flukes for the Steelers. Gettin' whooped by Tampa, the Jets, and now the Titans looks like the new normal for the Black & Gold. Tennessee's rookie QB is carving up the Pittsburgh secondary like a Thanksgiving turkey.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Sadly, bust out wins against the Colts and the Ravens seem to have been the flukes for the Steelers. Gettin' whooped by Tampa, the Jets, and now the Titans looks like the new normal for the Black & Gold. Tennessee's rookie QB is carving up the Pittsburgh secondary like a Thanksgiving turkey.
    Think they are just as good as anybody but over look teams they should beat with ease. Been the same for years under Cowher and now Tomlin, games are usually close. Irritates me to no end how they wont step up to the plate and blow up someone they should be able to. Ever since I can remember they always get a confy lead and set on it or just dont play..
  • Options
    kswildcat:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Think they are just as good as anybody but over look teams they should beat with ease. Been the same for years under Cowher and now Tomlin, games are usually close. Irritates me to no end how they wont step up to the plate and blow up someone they should be able to. Ever since I can remember they always get a confy lead and set on it or just dont play..
    Tempting to think they "play down" to teams they should easily beat. Tons of individual talent, but little cohesiveness as a team. Frustrating!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Dont think so much they play down.. Just dont think they prepair well for teams the SHOULD beat.. This includes coaching. The other team gets payed also but night and day difference play/prep for different teams.. I love Cowher but he always frustrated me setting on leads.. So badly would like to see Heath get another ring, by far my favorite Steeler since Hines and Casey are no longer playing.
  • Options
    I will take it.. Would of prefered they stuck it in the end zone though..lol
  • Options
    kswildcat:
    I will take it.. Would of prefered they stuck it in the end zone though..lol
    +1
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the few prime time games worth watching this year. To the end.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go Packers!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Iggles playing down to the competition.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least the bears did not lose.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Pats ftw! Another good pounding.

Just wanted to add: Think about how the Lions tried to plan for this game. Last week, the Pats get 4 rushing TDs with a new guy on his debut. That had to be a big focus throughout the week. Then, at the end of the week, Pats pick up Blount, Gray misses practice, and suddenly Blount gets 2 TDs and Gray doesn't play. On top of that, 2 TDs for Wright, who is a TE on a team with frickin Gronkowski and is barely known. Good luck planning for that outcome lol
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No_one21:

Just wanted to add: Think about how the Lions tried to plan for this game. Last week, the Pats get 4 rushing TDs with a new guy on his debut. That had to be a big focus throughout the week. Then, at the end of the week, Pats pick up Blount, Gray misses practice, and suddenly Blount gets 2 TDs and Gray doesn't play. On top of that, 2 TDs for Wright, who is a TE on a team with frickin Gronkowski and is barely known. Good luck planning for that outcome lol
    Should be a good matchup against the Packers next week. Want to put a wager on it?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    avengethis:
    No_one21:

Should be a good matchup against the Packers next week. Want to put a wager on it?
    Sure, why not. I don't think either team has a defined advantage. 5er?
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely sick catch by Odell Beckham. Impressive!
  • Options
    D Fresh:
    Absolutely sick catch by Odell Beckham. Impressive!
    One of those things you don't believe you saw because it can't be done.

• Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marshawn Lynch #Yeah
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    My Colts are back to their winning ways. Thank god for getting the Jags twice a year.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    My Colts are back to their winning ways. Thank god for getting the Jags twice a year.
    Ugly first half. Offensive line looked terrible early on. Definitely beneficial to be in a bad division.
  • Options
    Which catch you like -- this one:

or this one:

• Options

• Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    Go Iggles
    Spank them Cowpunks

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Go Iggles
    Spank them Cowpunks

Haha....no.
  • Options
    Boy, those Bears sure stink, don't they?

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep calm and Megatron
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I stand corrected.
  • Options
    Giggles rule Cowpunks drool

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Fly eagles fly!! That was a whooping!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    LeftOversLeftOvers Posts: 196 ✭✭
    how bout them Raiders