Home Non Cigar Related
Options

York, PA to Baltimore and points in-between

MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
Not sure, yet, but I'm pretty confident of getting a new job in York County, PA. I suppose the offer could stink, but I'll wait and see. I wouldn't actually be in York itself, but the real question is are there any of you fine BOTLs nearby? And are there any good B&Ms to recommend in the area? More importantly, it's a 2 hour drive to Bethlehem. Does ccom have a storefront?
Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "In York County" is a broad term. Pennsyltucky is odd in that there are a lot of places where thirty miles east-West will take half an hour while thirty miles North-South will take an hour. Can you give us a town? I, for instance, live a mere 70 miles from York; but it will take two hours to get there; two and a half during Summer tourist season. In that time, you could easily jet to the cigar.com warehouse at the East end of the state.

There's a nice cigar lounge in Mechanicsburg, and another in Westminster MD south of York which I have not been to.

But narrow it down to a town in York.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccom does not have a storefront, but there are a couple sister-site superstores which are awesome around Bethlehem. I am in the opposite direction up towards the NE. Let me know some more details if it comes together
  • Options
    webmost:
    "In York County" is a broad term. Pennsyltucky is odd in that there are a lot of places where thirty miles east-West will take half an hour while thirty miles North-South will take an hour. Can you give us a town? I, for instance, live a mere 70 miles from York; but it will take two hours to get there; two and a half during Summer tourist season. In that time, you could easily jet to the cigar.com warehouse at the East end of the state.

There's a nice cigar lounge in Mechanicsburg, and another in Westminster MD south of York which I have not been to.

Glen Rock, Shrewsbury, New Freedom are areas we're looking at homes.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Hains cigar and pipe on south George street york pa. . The jesus castanon hand rolled cigars are fantastic. In Baltimore,id recommend dans cigar lounge on Pulaski highway. Nice atmosphere and great selection.
  • Options
    wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    mjohn73@yahoo.com:
    Hains cigar and pipe on south George street york pa. . The jesus castanon hand rolled cigars are fantastic. In Baltimore,id recommend dans cigar lounge on Pulaski highway. Nice atmosphere and great selection.
    Welcome to the forum. Should go introduce yourself on the newb welcoming thread. Hope ya stick around.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Options
    Martel:
    webmost:

Glen Rock, Shrewsbury, New Freedom are areas we're looking at homes.
    Very pretty area. I pass thru Glen Rock en route to FX Smiths' Sons. Shrewsbury is too close to the freeway for me; but makes it a snap to jet down I-83 to Baltimore and Dan's or CrossStreet or any of the Davidus, or else jet up I-83 to Hains in York. New Freedom, IIRC, is your typical Pennsylvania backwater, where not much has happened since the mill shut down, and the rusty train tracks are overgrown. Just a scooter jaunt on country roads from New Freedom to Westminster's Davidus.

So, yeah, lots of choice cigar lounges.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Thanks! Is FX Smith's worth it? I'd probably be hitting the disc golf course at the state park right near there on a regular basis...

I saw Hains on a google search...but couldn't find anything about selection other than a guy there rolled cigars from scratch.

Thanks for the info!

• Options
    Hains , does not have that great of a selection to choose from. There's another spot in cockeysville MD. Kind of in between york + Baltimore. The humidour on york road. Nice selection with fair pricing.
  • Options
    Martel:
    Thanks! Is FX Smith's worth it? I'd probably be hitting the disc golf course at the state park right near there on a regular basis...

I saw Hains on a google search...but couldn't find anything about selection other than a guy there rolled cigars from scratch.

Thanks for the info!
    What park? Codorus Lake you mean?

FXSS is a factory; not a lounge. I just meant to say I go thru Shrewsbury and Glen Rock en route.

You get out there, gimme a shout.

• Options
    BTW, I made it to Glen Rock. Living with friends and above the church while the kids finish school down south. Looking for a house all over southern York county and even in to Carroll County, MD. We want to rent at first, but the rental market stinks around here.

Mostly I just bumped this thread because I might have Saturday off and need to check out a lounge somewhere.

• Options
    Martel:
    BTW, I made it to Glen Rock. Living with friends and above the church while the kids finish school down south. Looking for a house all over southern York county and even in to Carroll County, MD. We want to rent at first, but the rental market stinks around here.

Mostly I just bumped this thread because I might have Saturday off and need to check out a lounge somewhere.
    Davidus Cigars. They have about a dozen locations. Closest to you is Westminster or Frederick. Sign up on their email list cause they have events all the time. I'd ride out to herf with you but I am on my way to Livonia New York this weekend. How bout next weekend? Fredneck has a brewery I'd like to visit as well... Rye beer.