Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Bad Traders Forum

Comments

• Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I talked to several other brothers for advice on this matter of poker debts and the quality of cigars he was sending out if he did at all, myself, gordon, royln, brian, we all knew, i am no ones police here i tried it failed, so we learned. If anyone has a problem how i ran the poker league or some cigars owed to them pm me, putting it out there open on the forums looking like we are blaming each other for 1 man's mistakes isnt working. This is really 1 of the reasons i havent started the poker back up.
    Rain:
    Glock1975:
    Rain:
    So after the problem is resolved, you show up and offer up your wisdom...while blaming everyone that got screwed.Well done.
    Randy, if this to pointed to me, im always here i never just show up, i tried to handle the poker winnings cigarman owed people, over and over again. I told several not to send him any winnings if he won caused he owed people, and thought about banning him, but who am i, i just started the league. I covered him once for his debts and that was the last time, i don't blame anyone else, if someone who didnt get his cigars cigarman still ows, i would be happy send them out for his debts, since i started the league.
    Not directed at you, Ray.
    ok Randy
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I didn't even know he owed people for poker.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I think that is why we're at this point Marker. We tried to handle this privately over the last 6 months or so. We did so in hopes to point out the issues at hand to the offender and attempt to correct them without tarnishing his reputation hastily and unjustifiably. I think I(we) gave him the benefit of the doubt that perhaps he was new and these cigars were all he had to offer. That seemed like the "brotherly" thing to do at the time. These issues have continued to take place over this time and it is clear he is not concerned with his reputation or that he is **** people. In the meanwhile people have been burned without warning and it's time for it to stop. That's what this thread is.

I don't think this should really be a bad traders list but a calling out of one bad trader.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    OK guys.....Just some thoughts .... I will stay out of this discussion from this point.

Does it occur to you that some folks on here can't afford the heavy hits, and could end up on your list..?
    Does it occur to you that some people really appreciate the bombs, but can't reciprocate in kind and could end up on your list..?
    Does it occur to you that 5 Vegas may be someones only cigars because that is what he/she likes and can afford...could end up on your list..?
    That some people on here might be slow posting a package because there is a legitimate reason and could end up on your list..?
    This has already been hinted at by previous posts so it is possible.

I hesitate to post this ..... because someone will take it the wrong way .... be careful with your list .... I have seen a forum suffer because of a similar list .... I have seen another forum end up being sued .... "The Bad Trader & Scumbag List" is already out there, do you need another..?

Yes, and they will not.
    Yes, and they will not.
    Yes, and they will not.
    Yes, and as long as there is decent communication they will not.
    There are so few issues that arise at this forum that something like this is a big deal and needs to be dealt with properly.
    pelirrojo:
    jd50ae:
    OK guys.....Just some thoughts .... I will stay out of this discussion from this point.

Does it occur to you that some folks on here can't afford the heavy hits, and could end up on your list..?
    Does it occur to you that some people really appreciate the bombs, but can't reciprocate in kind and could end up on your list..?
    Does it occur to you that 5 Vegas may be someones only cigars because that is what he/she likes and can afford...could end up on your list..?
    That some people on here might be slow posting a package because there is a legitimate reason and could end up on your list..?

I hesitate to post this ..... because someone will take it the wrong way .... be careful with your list .... I have seen a forum suffer because of a similar list .... I have seen another forum end up being sued .... "The Bad Trader & Scumbag List" is already out there, do you need another..?

Yes, and they will not.
    Yes, and they will not.
    Yes, and they will not.
    Yes, and as long as there is decent communication they will not.
    There are so few issues that arise at this forum that something like this is a big deal and needs to be dealt with properly.
    My thoughts exactly Gordon, not sure if u know the whole situation jd50ae, u should go back and read other threads andand this 1 about him and go back through his posts, if he couldnt ever afford it, then why gamble in poker every week, why sign up for every pass out there, if u look when someone says anyone up for a trade, he is 1 of the 1st to say yeah. And yes he has nevered offered any reason why he has taken several weeks on several passes to re ship out, and why he never sent some poker winnings out, but posts how many winnings he has collected and how many he expects to be coming in. His pass disappears andis started up by Jim out of the kindness of his heart and did he once ever thank him NO, get the facts please.
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Disappear for a week or so and the proverbial Sh*T hits the fan... Looks like I have some reading to do.

Hope it all works out for the best for whoever got f*cked.

pross:
    Disappear for a week or so and the proverbial Sh*T hits the fan... Looks like I have some reading to do.

Hope it all works out for the best for whoever got f*cked.

You've been gone longer then that!
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    I check in fairly often, post here and there.

Lets just say I am glad to flush 2013 down the toilet. Looking forward to a new year.

Do I need to remind you I am still alive?

Someone PM me Rainmains new addy.

Paul, I will LFRB you.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    pross:
    I check in fairly often, post here and there.

Lets just say I am glad to flush 2013 down the toilet. Looking forward to a new year.

Do I need to remind you I am still alive?

Someone PM me Rainmains new addy.

i have rain's new addy...PM incoming
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:

You have some valid points, and since I started this thread, I think i can answer it.1. I cannot afford heavy hits and rarely do "bombings" or get bombed myself----never had an issue with anyone for this and anyone who I have bombed or been bombed by has ever said anything about it, nor do I know anyone else here that has.2. Bombs by their nature are not intended to be reciprocated and there is no intention of having to do so by the sender3. Nothing wrong with people liking 5 Vegas or other "cheaper" sticks. However, just as you wouldnt expect someone to give you a Porsche for your Pinto...dont expect a Padron Reserve for a 5 Vegas gold. This is both etiqueete and common sense. Even at that, if it happens once----it would never make it here. It happens for a box worth on multiple occasions-----perhaps4. Slow shipping would have no buiness here. A history of LACK of shipping or a history of things getting "lost" with no DC# might.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Damnit never mind lol
    Sad but true----had to add another name.....sadly as well.....its the same name. Not sure if I should be mad, sad, or simply dumbfounded.
    Boots that stink are bad
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah how about sending out to others who have gifted to you in the past? Just thought...
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm. I agree
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    2nd that one!!!
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Yeah how about sending out to others who have gifted to you in the past? Just thought...
    I too figured it's Faux pas to 're bomb a stick from someone as well. But on the other hand if your not gonna smoke it what else to do? Tough call
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is someone getting called out? Cause I'm kind of lost.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    0patience:
    No...not at all
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    0patience:
    No...not at all
    Except Bootsie who don't reciprocate
  • Yes I do
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Can we have cigarman weigh in on this???????
    Money can't buy taste
    0patience:
    Im in agreement....kind of lost as well but does appear there is an issue.
    As far as "re gifting" I thought thought this lonnnng and hard and come to this concludion. In an effort to hurt no ones feelings or make someone self conscious, I would never regift it could be traced back---ie dates on cello, ect. as I know some people would feel as such and I can empathize with this. I would also never be unapprecaiteive for the gift I received. HOWEVER, if I did not like the stick because it was not for my palate-----sending with good feelings seems fine to me to someone else who may get much more pleasure than I ever could from it.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Well said, Vulchor. I try to keep all my gifted sticks out of respect for the gift but if one just isn't for me I don't feel bad sending it along to someone who will enjoy it. That's kinda the whole point of gifting and trading, isn't it?

I also purchase sticks from people on various boards so simply seeing someone's name on a cello sticker doesn't necessarily mean 're-gift'.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In don't think the regifting was the issue as to why this thread was bumped. More like the "botls" that are hinting, asking, begging to be bombed. When they do, they out.

How are those Opus X? Man I wanna try one. I wish I had one. But don't get any ideas guys. I know my addy is out there somewhere but I don't wanna have to barricade my mail box. #bounce
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    danielzreyes:
    In don't think the regifting was the issue as to why this thread was bumped. More like the "botls" that are hinting, asking, begging to be bombed. When they do, they out.

I'm also confused as to why the thread was updated.

How are those Opus X? Man I wanna try one. I wish I had one. But don't get any ideas guys. I know my addy is out there somewhere but I don't wanna have to barricade my mail box. #bounce

Which ones bro? You going to Olde Town next weekend? I can bring some...
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    danielzreyes:

I'm also confused as to why the thread was updated.

Which ones bro? You going to Olde Town next weekend? I can bring some...
    I'll bring hats
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR