Home General Discussion
Options

What are you reading/smoking

2»

Comments

• Options
    wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Reading the site here.I need a book. But I like non-fiction or stephen king. Native American history and legends are awesome aswell.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Some good articles in the new cigar and sprit mag, ones about aging cigars.
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Just finished the Wayward Pines trilogy by Blake Couch. Loved it. A fast and furious read.
  • Options
    benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    Cigar: AJ New World
    Boubon: Stagg Jr
    Book: Come back, Barbara by C. john Miller and Barbara Miller Juliani.
  • Options
    TwoThingismTwoThingism Posts: 121
    I'm in a book club and my theme is a book that was made into film, I saw most of this movie and it has a good story. And Scarlet Johannson doesn't hurt either.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Novels mostly. After working my way through James Lee Burke, Robert Parker, Lee Child and C J Box I'm half way through David Baldacci. I've about wore my library card out. I'll be smoking one of my Kristoffs tonight and reading Hell's Corner.
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    TwoThingism:
    I'm in a book club and my theme is a book that was made into film, I saw most of this movie and it has a good story. And Scarlet Johannson doesn't hurt either.

What a great book and movie! Scar-Jo +1 here as well!
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok just got finished reading this.pretty good book #1 in aseries. photo IMG_20141020_172405_zpsfm65byfl.jpg and just got done making these bookmarks photo IMG_20141030_17204_edit_1414704120166_zps8luzxpfn.jpg
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Stop the coming civil war by Michael Savage and Undercrown tonight.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sat out on the back patio and finisehd this book and cigar at about the same time..decent book great cigar oh and a goos cup of coffee photo output_zpsdn6qskm4.jpg thanks for the great stick james!!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    jsnake:
    Don't judge because I will punch you in the throat. The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks. I said shutty.
    My wife said you can borrow the Twilight series and she'll bomb you some tampons.
    Honestly the book was pretty weak and predictable and not as good as his other books. Reading Free Fall by Kyle Mills now who will take over writing for the deceased Vince Flynn to continue the Mitch Rapp series.

May have to organize a Swisher bomb run here.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm reading Mirror Maze by William Bayer right now. Got a stack of other books from our library yesterday. Going to burn a tat this AM.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just finished the third book in the Song of Fire and Ice series and I've just started Gone Girl. I'm enjoying a Flor de las Antillas.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    Just finished the third book in the Song of Fire and Ice series and I've just started Gone Girl. I'm enjoying a Flor de las Antillas.
    Man, if you want to continue the series at all I don´t recommend dropping off. By the time you finish Gone Girl you´re gonna have a hard time picking up all the complex storylines again. So freakin much going on in GoT.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Cool thread, thought we had something like this (maybe a few years back). Anyway, I´ve read a good portion of the books mentioned here (Rainbow Six like 5 times, awesome book, all the GoT, plus likely some of the same textbooks on financial analysis and strategic management haha)...

Anyway, I´m currently reading book Knife of Dreams, book 11 (I think?) of the Wheel of Time by Jordan. Read all the way up through book 10 oh, say 10 years or so ago and then dropped off. Once I finished reading GoT I picked it up again from book 1 and am looking forward to finally wrapping it up over the next month or two. Some of my favorite reading while smoking is the Sherlock Holmes canon - I´ve read through it all several times, and the short story format of most of it makes for excellent reading while enjoying a cigar.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm about halfway through Gone Girl, right now. I think, I'll be done with it in about two more days. I'll start the next GoT book after that. They're just so long.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    What are the odds? I'm on Knife of Dreams too