Home Non Cigar Related
Options

NFL Chat Thread...

Comments

• Options
    tigg954tigg954 Posts: 28
    tigg954:
    i thought some other teams were bad... well my jets i hate to even call them that this decied they dont want to play football this and just be the laughing stock of the nfl...
    oh well at lease i can look foward to the draft next... maybe well get the QB from the noles or oregon
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tigg954:
    tigg954:
    i thought some other teams were bad... well my jets i hate to even call them that this decied they dont want to play football this and just be the laughing stock of the nfl...
    oh well at lease i can look foward to the draft next... maybe well get the QB from the noles or oregon
    Every QB Ryan touches turns into crap.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    You see Victor Cruz tear his patellar last night? That's just exactly how I tore up my patellar tendon -- not doing anything unusual just decided to snap on its own. Gotta say, I didn't sit there bawling like a soccer queen. Played a couple more points; quit, showered, rode the big beemer bagger home. That was the tough part, was putting a foot down to hold the big girl up at red lights. But then, I didn't figure to lose millions of bucks soon as I felt it tear and burn. I am fascinated to see whether he tore above or below the kneecap, what the medicos do, and how long it takes him to heal up. It's been a year and three months for me; and it's just now that I can finally get through a game of handball without limping home. See how fast a young athlete with the best drugs and rehab can get back.

I only wish Victor Cruz could have waited til he helped the struggling G-men beat the Cowpunks next week. G-men took an ungodly spanking from the Iggles. Be a good time for them to man up and spank the next opponent.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    You mean the Giants that just got shut out? Beat Dallas? Har har
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Great game last night!!! Although I hope Sproles is ok. We need him!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Was reading up on the patellar tendon last night. Turns out the patellar tendon goes from the kneecap down. There's a surgery for that. Drill holes in the cap and sew the tendon on. Outlook is not good long term. 53% never return to full strength. The tendon I ripped loose is the same tendon, but above the kneecap. It seems they count them as two, divided at the cap. Call the upper one Quad tendon.

Any way you slice it, not good for VC.

Have not heard anything definitive on Sproles yet.

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Was reading up on the patellar tendon last night. Turns out the patellar tendon goes from the kneecap down. There's a surgery for that. Drill holes in the cap and sew the tendon on. Outlook is not good long term. 53% never return to full strength. The tendon I ripped loose is the same tendon, but above the kneecap. It seems they count them as two, divided at the cap. Call the upper one Quad tendon.

Any way you slice it, not good for VC.

Have not heard anything definitive on Sproles yet.

Reports I've heard recently are calling it a sprain rather than tear, which is good, and there are optimistic reports he could be back as early as week 8 in AZ, which means he wouldn't miss a single game.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Anyone getting up early on the left coast to watch Lions and Falcons in Wembley? As a boy in SoCal, I remember many a Sunday eating a bowl of cereal in my jammies while watching morning football. I miss that. Out here, everything starts at 1pm, and MNF doesn't end until 1am.

• Options
    This game at Wembley ended pretty bizarre. I thought an offensive foul in the last few seconds the clock was supposed to run off ten seconds. Game should have been over.

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comeback SON! #lions
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    I thought an offensive foul in the last few seconds the clock was supposed to run off ten seconds. Game should have been over.
    Espn even labeled the game recap as ending with a controversial call. Not sure why, the rule was applied appropriately.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Comeback SON! #lions
    Who needs your top WR, top RB, all 3 TE, etc? Just call up some practice squad guys and some unsigned players from the street and proceed to win!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was braced for the Steelers to get an old fashioned butt whoopin' by the Colts today. They've played so inconsistently this season, but today they looked like a different team! 51-34 over Andrew Luck and Co.?? If the O-line finally figured out what happens when they give Big Ben time, the next several weeks could be very interesting!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    I was braced for the Steelers to get an old fashioned butt whoopin' by the Colts today. They've played so inconsistently this season, but today they looked like a different team! 51-34 over Andrew Luck and Co.?? If the O-line finally figured out what happens when they give Big Ben time, the next several weeks could be very interesting!
    Amen! Glad I was there first hand! Potential hospital visit aside :)
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D Fresh:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Amen! Glad I was there first hand! Potential hospital visit aside :)
    Hope you're OK, brother!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Great Pats game today. Had everything.
  • Options
    UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
    No_one21:
    I was having the best time watching it :)
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady =Man Crush
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Colts have questionable line play on both sides of the ball. The D can bring some blitz packages, but we all knew they only work against inferior QB's like you find on the Titans, Jags, Texans, Ravens (Flacco is not Elite), and Bungles. I knew the (alleged) rapist could pick them apart if we blitzed and would have time to do the same if we didn't. Colts can't cover TEs, and Heath Miller is still running open today. I still think the safety was bogus, but hey, it's not like it mattered. Good game from the Steelers. They played really well. Ben made the throws and the receivers made great catches, often times in tight coverage. The Pittsburgh lines dominated. Tough to watch for this Indy fan.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    No_one21:
    I was having the best time watching it :)
    Is that right?
  • Options
    Outstanding! Cowpunks lose!

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Outstanding! Cowpunks lose!
    So did the Eagles...all is well in the world. Gonna be tuff with Durant out for the season
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HTTR...that is all!
  • Options
    NFL TV showing A Football Life -- Mike Ditka.

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally get to watch an old favorite play during the day and on local TV. And a new QB that shows some talent.
  • Options
    Clue?

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Clue?

Sigh...I would love to, but you would make fun of me and hurt my feelings. And then I would cry and get drunk and commit some terrible act, on some poor unsuspecting innocent.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost feel bad for Sam this week in fantasy. 2 minutes before Noon I realized I still had Giovanni Bernard in my lineup and had nobody to replace him with. I went and picked up Asiata from the Vikings and he has 3 TD's at this point.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Sanchez looked pretty good today!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Sanchez looked pretty good today!
    He's looked aces ever since he crossed the Delaware river. He just had to get away from Rex. That man puts a hex on QBs.