Home Non Cigar Related

PRAYER REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaraLee:
    I don't mean to come in as a noob asking for stuff, but I need help. I need prayers (lots and God knows the details). Please pray for my kids, husband and me. What I'm dealing with is beyond me, and at this point, only He can help. Thank you guys, in advance.

My thoughts and prayers do not care about post counts..if a botl and sotl need my thoughts and prayers they get them! He is good!
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaraLee:
    I don't mean to come in as a noob asking for stuff, but I need help. I need prayers (lots and God knows the details). Please pray for my kids, husband and me. What I'm dealing with is beyond me, and at this point, only He can help. Thank you guys, in advance.

Prayers for you and your family--and remember, God doesn't give us anything He knows we can't handle.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers are with you from the Irish Clan, Jay and Tara!!!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • TaraLeeTaraLee Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Praying for you Tara Lee.

Guys, I have a job interview this weekend; I'd appreciate you praying for me.
    Will do!

Thank you all. It means a lot to me, and to Jay. I wish I could elaborate, but Jay is an amazing husband and really pulling both of our weights while I cannot. Thank you all again.

TL

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    TaraLee:

Prayers for you and your family--and remember, God doesn't give us anything He knows we can't handle.
    This is correct. Hope things work out for your family Jay and Tara.
    Just an update: Thanks for the prayers, they're working! Although I'm not quite 'there' yet, I'm heading in the right direction now. Please keep praying. It sure has helped knowing there's so much love coming from my BOTLs & SOTLs!

• EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope for you best for you and your family.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Prayers for you and your family.
    One God, One Truth
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayer request for family and friends of Border Patrol Agent Tyler Robledo. Tyler was killed in a vehicle accident while on duty last night near Carrizo Springs, Texas. He leaves behind a wife and two children. Tough times for sure...
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble:
    Prayer request for family and friends of Border Patrol Agent Tyler Robledo. Tyler was killed in a vehicle accident while on duty last night near Carrizo Springs, Texas. He leaves behind a wife and two children. Tough times for sure...
    Sorry to hear about this Steve. Prayers for sure man!
    I hope his family is okay. Good thought going out to them.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We think my 5 year old son may have enterovirus and we caught it early. He went in today for xrays, blood work, and a breathing treatment. He is on a steroid and 2 inhalers. Really scared. Yesterday a cigar friend posted that they lost a 2 year old in their family to the enterovirus when it attacked his spine. Poor little guy was just unable to fight it off. There is no cure only treatment. Another really scary thing is a friend of mine had his daughter at the same hospital that treated my daughter when she was sick. His daughter had the enterovirus and suddenly became paralyzed and unable to move the lower half of her body. They discovered the enterovirus was attacking her spine and they caught it early enough to treat her. Some kind of scan found all these black spots on her spine. She is doing well as far as I know now.

Please pray for my son Gavin. We are taking every precaution we can. Please pray for the BOTL that lost the 2 year old and his family. That just breaks my heart. Thank you.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for Gavin and your whole family, Jake. Also for the brother that lost his little little boy. No words to convey the sadness they are experiencing. May God comfort them and also bring Gavin speedy and complete healing.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Puff_Dougie:
    Praying for Gavin and your whole family, Jake. Also for the brother that lost his little little boy. No words to convey the sadness they are experiencing. May God comfort them and also bring Gavin speedy and complete healing.
    Thank you brother!
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I need prayers, y'all.

Some of you know a bit about my situation. My job is very uncertain right now. Funding has been cut and hours are hard to come by. I was offered a position with the company FT but for a significant pay cut. The only benefit was some paid holidays and a week of paid vacation. Problem is that I can barely pay my bills on my current hourly pay right now. The FT position would make the holidays easier, but in the long run really wouldn't help. We made it through last year in this situation b/c my wife worked a lot of OT, but she can't do that this year.

So, I've been looking for jobs. I would rather stay where I am if I could, but that doesn't appear possible. But pray for that. Pray that if it doesn't work out, I find a way to make it through these looming unpaid holidays. Pray that I find something else in the area either PT to supplement or FT to replace what I'm doing now.

Alternately, I have some interviews coming up that would require a move. I'm actually excited about a couple of them. One is in rural/small town IN, but near where my grandparents lived so I know the area. Another is in Southern PA, near York. Finally, I have one in NoCal about 2 hours from everything, but that includes my favorite place on earth, Yosemite. I hate having to move my kids in the middle of the year if any of these happen, but you do what you have to do.

Thanks, everyone.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Prayers sent bub.
    One God, One Truth
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it all turns out well for you.
    Prayers sent Martel
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    SENT!
    Prayers, Martel!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    I hope it works out for you.
    Our daughter is getting sick. Last time this happened she ended up in the hospital. Prayers appreciated. Thank you.
    One God, One Truth
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    Our daughter is getting sick. Last time this happened she ended up in the hospital. Prayers appreciated. Thank you.
    On it brother !!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers and good wishes sent, Roland.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eric, a prayer and for you in your employment quest. Stay positive and keep at it. Dane, prayers for good health for your daughter. Stay strong for her. Rodger
    Thank you brothers, she is actually feeling better today. Love yall
    One God, One Truth
    Please say a prayer for my 12-year-old son, Sammy, if you're so inclined. Little guy has had recurring bouts with a mysterious illness that comes on him from out of nowhere. When it hits, he gets stomach pain and begins vomiting and can't stop. Can't eat or keep down fluids, so keeping him hydrated is a battle. This has happened several times over the past few years, and it's happening again now. He's lost 8 pounds in the past two weeks, and he's a skinny kid to start with.

Had him to the doc today and she thinks it's a virus that he picked up, but I'm not so sure. She ordered some bloodwork which we'll schedule as soon as we get him stabilized. Last time this happened he wasted away and looked like a walking skeleton before it finally broke. Scary not knowing what this is and how to make it stop.
    Puff_Dougie:
    Please say a prayer for my 12-year-old son, Sammy, if you're so inclined. Little guy has had recurring bouts with a mysterious illness that comes on him from out of nowhere. When it hits, he gets stomach pain and begins vomiting and can't stop. Can't eat or keep down fluids, so keeping him hydrated is a battle. This has happened several times over the past few years, and it's happening again now. He's lost 8 pounds in the past two weeks, and he's a skinny kid to start with.

Had him to the doc today and she thinks it's a virus that he picked up, but I'm not so sure. She ordered some bloodwork which we'll schedule as soon as we get him stabilized. Last time this happened he wasted away and looked like a walking skeleton before it finally broke. Scary not knowing what this is and how to make it stop.
    Done Doug.
    roland_7707:
    Prayers headed your way Roland.