Home General Discussion
Options

Weekend blitz

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Anyone jumping on the blitz this weekend..i mean it is the start of football season.
    If you want someone to bomb you some Bueso then just so say so! ;)I have not had one in a while, but they were a staple in my humi. Not like a staple that holds paper together. Is that spelled differently? Google time. If you have not had one, try them out. Nice draw, good flavors and a good price.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Anyone jumping on the blitz this weekend..i mean it is the start of football season.
    If you want someone to bomb you some Bueso then just so say so! ;)I have not had one in a while, but they were a staple in my humi. Not like a staple that holds paper together. Is that spelled differently? Google time. If you have not had one, try them out. Nice draw, good flavors and a good price.
    I smoked them pretty often when they were first released...haven't had one in awhile..it was just a question! trying to improve my post count ya know.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Just give me your password, I'll hook you up.
  • Options
    Rain:
    Just give me your password, I'll hook you up.
    Sure.....just keep checking your inbox for my password!!! @s$
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Group hug.!!!
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    what's football gotta do with it ??!?

man haven't had one of these in a while but found a couple when i was going through the humi the other day. thought i was out so that was a nice surprise!
    one had a foot band on it (pre-release version?) i had it dated 5/16/12.....might fire that puppy up this weekend and see how 2+ years nap time treated it.

IIRC the ones i smoked before always had good flavors and burned right -- and i liked the price too.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv:
    smoke em if you got em:

man haven't had one of these in a while but found a couple when i was going through the humi the other day. thought i was out so that was a nice surprise!
    one had a foot band on it (pre-release version?) i had it dated 5/16/12.....might fire that puppy up this weekend and see how 2+ years nap time treated it.

IIRC the ones i smoked before always had good flavors and burned right -- and i liked the price too.
    BLITZ fool...blitz=football...smh!
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    jgibv:
    smoke em if you got em:

BLITZ fool...blitz=football...smh!
    D'OH!!
    Right over my head bro....been a long couple weeks, feels like I've lost a few marbles along the way lol.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romeo y Julieta Media Noche,........ I'm thinkin' seriously about this one. Anybody had these yet? I may start another pass with a batch of these. Anyone want to try just a couple of them? We could do a pass.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the Montecristo Media Noche and really enjoyed it. I'm looking at these too but I need a different cutter than another colibri.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    haha yeah the cutter is of no matter to me. they might work ok but i'm spoiled by xikar
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will admit I bit on it. Been wanting to try the media noche for a while. Cutter on the other hand, meh! Save that for a newb newsletter.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Who is jumping on this one?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    avengethis:
    Gurkha's hyperinflated retail prices remind me of all those phony watch brands--Steinhausen, Sturling and the like--that package cheap Chinese junk using the names of Swiss watch brands that haven't been in business for a century and weren't even well known when they were. And it's always "MSRP: $1,300, but get it for only $75 if ya call before midnight tonight."

Ooooh, what a deal! You're saving 90% off the "$390 MSRP" price! This must be the bargain of the century!
  • Options
    I was joking. I'm not a gurkha fan at all.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    raisindot:
    avengethis:
    Gurkha's hyperinflated retail prices remind me of all those phony watch brands--Steinhausen, Sturling and the like--that package cheap Chinese junk using the names of Swiss watch brands that haven't been in business for a century and weren't even well known when they were. And it's always "MSRP: $1,300, but get it for only $75 if ya call before midnight tonight."

Ooooh, what a deal! You're saving 90% off the "$390 MSRP" price! This must be the bargain of the century!
    Marketing BS aside, are they worth three bucks? I've got a few of these from back when I was a newb on the sprint sale. I may fire up the beauty this morning, then fire up the beast tonight, and see if I think $3 is too much to pay for either one.
  • Options
    Well, I dug around and found a bigazz RG Beauty. But, couldn't locate a Beast. I did however, find a Status Maduro . Would that be as bad ........I mean good? LOL
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    Well, I dug around and found a bigazz RG Beauty. But, couldn't locate a Beast. I did however, find a Status Maduro . Would that be as bad ........I mean good? LOL
    Update: Well, I'm almost certain I scorched the foot because I can't see butane flames in the daylight. Either that or the Beauty is a waste of time. I'm about halfway through and the finish tastes like I inhaled puff of smoke from a sulfer head match as it ignites. I think that's what you get when you scorch a mild cigar. Maybe sometimes that scorched flavor is masked by a stronger flavored cigar. When my palate recovers I'll light another Beauty and be certain not to scorch the foot. I want to give it a fair shot.
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have any experiences with the Foundry Elements that are in this weekends blitz? I've been wanting to try one but not sure which one to try. I liked the Foundry war of currents cigar so these caught my eye.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I havent had the ones in the blitz but all 3 of the elements I had were good.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    MorganGeo:
    Anyone have any experiences with the Foundry Elements that are in this weekends blitz? I've been wanting to try one but not sure which one to try. I liked the Foundry war of currents cigar so these caught my eye.
    I've really wanted to try. Cool idea with the chemical symbols. Not sure I'd make my first purchase a box, though.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    I got some of the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet in early April and thought they were really good. I'm eying a box of corona's for winter. Anyone else like these? I've only tried larger vitola.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    I got some of the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet in early April and thought they were really good. I'm eying a box of corona's for winter. Anyone else like these? I've only tried larger vitola.
    I like them a lot. The #4 is a great after-lunch / Short smoke.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Hey RANDY !!

Did you see it yet ?

MOW PA up this week

FTW

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who thinks the PA maddies are gross?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Now I wouldn't say that I agree that they are "gross". I do not care of the maddies. I LOVE, just LOVE the PA's. I was super excited when they came out with the maddies. I've given them plenty of chances, but I don't like those maddies. The flavor just isn't there for me. I don't know how else to say it.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009:
    danielzreyes:
    Now I wouldn't say that I agree that they are "gross". I do not care of the maddies. I LOVE, just LOVE the PA's. I was super excited when they came out with the maddies. I've given them plenty of chances, but I don't like those maddies. The flavor just isn't there for me. I don't know how else to say it.
    Same here on the maddies. Not sure if I'd go to "gross" but certainly not hitting the best flavors. The Habanos hit a nice level of spice and flavor. Hoping I get my gift card I'm expecting before the weekend is out...that will take a nice chunk off of this purchase and I'll be sitting pretty on corona sized smokes. But, these do take me a long time to smoke. Super oily-slow burn.

• Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    totally agree....a few people told me i was crazy on vherf though
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I thought they were pretty good. an excellent weed pulling gar.

Aj
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bobbo2009:
    danielzreyes:
    I don't know how else to say it.
    disgusting?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR