Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Bumpdizzle
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Bumpdizzle
    ^^^
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    I am new to this forum. My brother-in-law Zach (OchoZacho) has told me about this for a long time and I have finally come over. I am looking forward to the wealth of knowledge that is here! My name is Ben. I live about 10 miles south of Cincinnati in Northern Kentucky. I work at a Business Computer company named NKOL. I have a wife and four kids. My priority list goes like this...God, Family, everything else. I enjoy Nicaraguan cigars the most but I always like trying new things. We have some good tastings around here where I have been able to meet Jonathan Drew and Matt Booth. I have enjoyed cigars for years but I have been learning a lot the last couple of years. Thanks!
  • Options
    Nice to meet ya Ben. I enjoy this site i joined a while ago but couldnt get on for a while do to deployment crap, but this site is great, everyone is helpful, and a great place to BS.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    benhanks:
    I am new to this forum. My brother-in-law Zach (OchoZacho) has told me about this for a long time and I have finally come over. I am looking forward to the wealth of knowledge that is here! My name is Ben. I live about 10 miles south of Cincinnati in Northern Kentucky. I work at a Business Computer company named NKOL. I have a wife and four kids. My priority list goes like this...God, Family, everything else. I enjoy Nicaraguan cigars the most but I always like trying new things. We have some good tastings around here where I have been able to meet Jonathan Drew and Matt Booth. I have enjoyed cigars for years but I have been learning a lot the last couple of years. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum Ben. I should have already done this when I sent you your winning bid. I hope you enjoy the cigars. They are all ready to smoke in Cuban rest theory. Hope you stick around and most likely you will hanging with Zach :)
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums Ben. I'm sure you'll fit right in, everyone here is great.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    W1REB1TER:
    Nice to meet ya Ben. I enjoy this site i joined a while ago but couldnt get on for a while do to deployment crap, but this site is great, everyone is helpful, and a great place to BS.
    Welcome aboard! Just curios from your screen name signal corps?
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Thanks, I am letting them rest for a week or two so they can get over the shock of shipping, but I am looking forward to them!!
  • Options
    Hello there, i'm Marc di Maria, of course newbie in this foro & i hope to discuss with you all things about Cigar, i want to be perfect in this world. Thanks
  • Options
    twistedstem:
    W1REB1TER:
    Welcome aboard! Just curios from your screen name signal corps?
    I'm a Nuke Electrican's Mate with the navy
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the newest group of new guys.
  • Options
    Thank you Charlie, it a pleasure to discuss with you & all old members here. Tell us here about your experience. Thanks
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Bump, and Ben I got you on the newsletter mailing list. Should be there any day!
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome and glad to have you all here, stay a while and get involved! Check out the Trades, Bombs and Passes section and introduce yourself in the Newbie Trading thread :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    Bump, and Ben I got you on the newsletter mailing list. Should be there any day!
    Sounds great, looking forward to it.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Thanks for the bump charlie.. Hi I'm ryan aka tigg on all the other forums I'm apart of. I'm from ft lauderdale florida, big sports fan and since it's football season it's all about my NY Jets (even if we're 1-3).I'm been married going on 7 years and work in the insurance field (car insurance). I've only smoked cigars on occasion here and there and only recently started getting more into the hobby. There's so much I was doing wrong and had no idea, it's almost like an art. Anyways really glad to be here just bought my first 25ct humidor acrylic jar a few weeks ago that I'll be using for travel when I go to conventions and looking into getting something a little bigger maybe 50-75 for the house. Also made my first sprint sale purchase of 10 a.j. fernandez cigars. I can't wait to hear from everyone and start trading... Tigg...
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome tigg. Good to have you aboard. This is the place to be.
  • Options
    Welcome Tigg. Everyone here is pretty great, I'm sure you'll fit right in.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big welcome to BenHanks, Tigg, & anyone else I've missed the past couple weeks.

Glad you all found these forums, it's the best place on the web IMO.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Anyone get Tigg on the newsletter? If not, let me know, I'd be happy to!
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    benhanks:

Welcome to the forum Ben. I should have already done this when I sent you your winning bid. I hope you enjoy the cigars. They are all ready to smoke in Cuban rest theory. Hope you stick around and most likely you will hanging with Zach :)

I smoked the Vegas Robaina on Sunday and it was fabulous!! Thanks for the great selection!,
  • Options
    tigg954:
    Thanks for the bump charlie.. Hi I'm ryan aka tigg on all the other forums I'm apart of. I'm from ft lauderdale florida, big sports fan and since it's football season it's all about my NY Jets (even if we're 1-3).I'm been married going on 7 years and work in the insurance field (car insurance). I've only smoked cigars on occasion here and there and only recently started getting more into the hobby. There's so much I was doing wrong and had no idea, it's almost like an art. Anyways really glad to be here just bought my first 25ct humidor acrylic jar a few weeks ago that I'll be using for travel when I go to conventions and looking into getting something a little bigger maybe 50-75 for the house. Also made my first sprint sale purchase of 10 a.j. fernandez cigars. I can't wait to hear from everyone and start trading... Tigg...

Hey Tigg, Welcome!! I'm a long time cigar smoker but very new to this forum. Everyone here has been very welcoming. There is lots of good info as I'm sure you have already found. Good choice on the AJ sampler, you can't go wrong starting there!
  • Options
    I mistakenly posted an introduction in the General Discussion forum. I got lots of wonderful responses. Here are some followup notes on the cigars I have smoked in the past couple of weeks: Several occasions - Arganese Maduro Robusto - I didn't dislike but didn't particularly like these at first. Now, the more I smoke them, the more I like them. Several occasions - 5 Vegas Series ‘A’ Apotheosis - Love these Several occasions - Gurkha Class Regent Torpedo - Love these too Twice in past week - Romon Bueso Genesis The Project Tor - Really, really like these 2014.09.29, 8:00 PM HC Series Maduro Belicos - Not bad but not enough flavor 2014.09.30, 9.34 PM Sosa Robusto - Not much flavor, doesn't taste bad but I like a cigar with more flavor. Based on this notes, a little prodding in the right direction will be greatly appreciated. BTW, I have a 50 ct humidor (already full at the moment but being steadily smoked) and another 50 ct on the way. I have a couple of digital hygrometers, a sponge type humidifier with humi-care cigar juice, and a 4 oz pie section jar of humi care black ice. Also, all of the info I read previously said I should keep my humidor close to 70% RH/70°F. A lot of people on here seem to prefer 65%. Is 65% better? Also, I love cigars! I spend all day thinking about cigars and looking forward to getting home to smoke and trying to decide which cigar I will smoke first when I get here. lol You guys feel like that? Thanks again everybody! You're all awesome!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. Pizza Steve. She touched my Pepe
  • Options
    HarleybowHarleybow Posts: 13
    Another new guy.
    I'm Bow, coal miner from Wyoming. Single and no kids, 2 dogs.
    I'm just getting into cigars and doing some reading to learn since I know nothing about cigars. I have got several items and cigars from several sites and a box from a cigar store a few hours away (house blend).
    Looking forward to learning more, I know my bank account will not like this new hobby.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Welcome All NEW GUYS! this is a great place! Pull up a chair and lite up a good stogie!

Aj
  • Options
    Hi Bow, welcome to the forums.
  • Options
    Harleybow:
    Another new guy.
    I'm Bow, coal miner from Wyoming. Single and no kids, 2 dogs.
    I'm just getting into cigars and doing some reading to learn since I know nothing about cigars. I have got several items and cigars from several sites and a box from a cigar store a few hours away (house blend).
    Looking forward to learning more, I know my bank account will not like this new hobby.
    Welcome neighbor. (neighboring state, anyway) There is a ton of info on here that helped me out a great deal. And that bank account comment was spot on.