Home General Discussion

New to ccom

D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
Hey all. I just want to say hi and that I've learned a lot from just lurking the past couple weeks. I'm fairly new to cigars and have really been getting into the cigar and whiskey/bourbon/scotch world. I look forward to learning more on this forum.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Just remember to have fun
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to start your cigar journey.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum, D Fresh! What are your favorites so far?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum! You should really make sure you sign up for the newsletter. There's a lot of really good info about different manufacturers, new releases etc... PM me your address (physical) and I'll make sure to get a copy of this month's sent out to you.

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Welcome to the forum, D Fresh! What are your favorites so far?

First of all, good name. D(ougie) Fresh here

So far I'd have to say Arturo Fuente Hemingway and CAO La Traviata are my go to's. La traviatas are a better price point. I also like Padron. Last night was one of my first herfs with a bunch of guys I work with. I got spoiled by an Opus X and some of the finest bourbon you can imagine. I'd love to get recommendations on good cigars at a good price.
    jbohon:
    Welcome to the forum! You should really make sure you sign up for the newsletter. There's a lot of really good info about different manufacturers, new releases etc... PM me your address (physical) and I'll make sure to get a copy of this month's sent out to you.

PM sent
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Welcome D. You already know form lurking but this is a great group of people here. Hope you stick around a while!
    ehehat:
    Welcome D. You already know form lurking but this is a great group of people here. Hope you stick around a while!

Certainly plan on it. As much as I've learned I know I have only begun so I have a lot more to learn. Thanks for the welcome
    And for what it's worth, music is a large part of my experience. And while I begin to embrace the bourbon community, if you have any questions regarding craft beer, specifically IPAs, I'm happy to help
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what cigars or types of cigars are you liking?
    Anyone talk to you about the newsletter yet?

As for recommendations of reasonably priced cigars.
    Torano (most knew that was coming)
    Leccia
    CAO
    Fuente hemmingways.
    And on and on. LOL!

Keep an eye on the Sprint Sale, Daily Deal and Weekend Blitz too.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good choice of picking this cigar university! Welcome aboard.
    0patience:
    So what cigars or types of cigars are you liking?
    Anyone talk to you about the newsletter yet?

As for recommendations of reasonably priced cigars.
    Torano (most knew that was coming)
    Leccia
    CAO
    Fuente hemmingways.
    And on and on. LOL!

Keep an eye on the Sprint Sale, Daily Deal and Weekend Blitz too.
    Thanks for the recommendation. Guess I've done alright with my CAO and Fuente picks so far. The OpusX was one of the smoothest so far but unless I hit the lottery that won't be an everyday smoke for me.
    Bigshizza:
    Thanks for the welcome. I've definitely noted a lot of your pictures and posts during my lurking
  • UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
    Welcome! These people are fun :)
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D Fresh:
    Bigshizza:
    Thanks for the welcome. I've definitely noted a lot of your pictures and posts during my lurking
    Welcome D. Stay away from the NCR threads (Non Cigar Related) It ain't safe there.
    Bob Luken:
    D Fresh:
    Bigshizza:
    Welcome D. Stay away from the NCR threads (Non Cigar Related) It ain't safe there.
    Duly noted. I'll more than likely find myself there lol
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome and enjoy!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the world of crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!! Couple good IPA's for ya... SA Rebel, Boulevard Single Wide, Ofallon 5 Day, 4 Hands Resurrected, Avery (not sure of the actual name), Goose Island.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. Jbohon if you can forward me the address too for the next issue of the newsletter.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome and stick around a ton too learn here
    Money can't buy taste
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the jungle! we got smokes and dames!

Aj
  • benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    D Fresh:
    ... begin to embrace the bourbon community, if you have any questions regarding craft beer, specifically IPAs, I'm happy to help
    Mmmmm, bourbon, forget about those IPA's :)image
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    benhanks:
    D Fresh:
    ... begin to embrace the bourbon community, if you have any questions regarding craft beer, specifically IPAs, I'm happy to help
    we need to chill sometime! :)

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:
    benhanks:
    D Fresh:

Aj
    I still haven't figured out how to get the liquid through the v-herf channel but I am working on it!
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    benhanks:
    dr_frankenstein56:
    benhanks:
    D Fresh:

Aj
    I still haven't figured out how to get the liquid through the v-herf channel but I am working on it!
    Now that's what I'm talking about! Figure that out and your collection would disappear rapidly! Very nice Ben!
    Anytime you guys are in Northern Kentucky or Cincinnati let me know. I'm always willing to share!
  • TaraLeeTaraLee Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    Welcome DFresh! You've chosen a truly great group of people! Hope you enjoy!

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    I may just take you up on that Ben. Do you happen to know where Booneville, Ky is? I may have to make a trip up that way sometime soon!
    That is about 2.5 hours from where I am at. I live about 10 miles south of Cincinnati.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    D Fresh:
    Bigshizza:

Yea Bob is always stirring the pot :)

Sorry for the late welcome D, and don't forget to add Rum to the list. And Cinco Vegas Golds are a good choice, in the light wrapper if your just starting out.