Options

Ro's question of the day.....

Comments

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you ever ran out of gas??
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Shortly after getting married, I was driving my wife's S-10 and didn't know the gas gauge didn't work...

One other time, I was a block away from a gas station in my old Buick, the first car that was really mine, not one I shared with my sister. I learned the hard way on that trip that running out of gas can also damage your fuel pump.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Sadly, twice. Once while I was driving. Thankfully, I was only about a mile away from a gas station that time. The other time, I was in an old converted Greyhound bus that didn't have a working fuel gauge. We were in the middle of nowhere. After walking for a while, someone picked us up and gave us a ride back and forth. Not fun.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No never. That's a fear of mine
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once. The gauge was stuck and still showed a quarter tank. Didn't realize it hadn't moved for a while.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    No, but I'm sure I due. When my gas light comes on I have 25 miles. Sometimes I'll drive home 12 and tell myself that I'll fill up tomorrow.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran out of gas in a national forest north of Macon Ga at 2:30 am in the early 70's. I was driving a Jeep that had no gas gauge, just a stick that I would stick in the tank to see how much gas I had. The night was black the road was dirt. I was about 10 miles from the cabin i was renting and no phone. I started humping to the cabin. There was a old metal bridge I had to cross in about four miles. i got to the bridge,started to cross and woof!! there was a large Black Bear standing up in the center of the bridge. Needless to say i stopped ,started yelling and waving my arms. The bear took off and i could hear it crashing though the woods. I jumped several deer in my journey and got to the cabin at first light. Got a ride back to the Jeep from a friend, drove back to the cabin, picked up a truck and had to drive all the way to New Orleans that day. Always checked the gas after that
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never run out of gas before, I've come damn close though.
  • Options
    no, but i could have so many times. My camaro's gas needle used to stick. one day i noticed it had not moved in a while i went and filled up and my jaw dropped. finally got it fixed but there were a few times i was on a fine line.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Sadly, twice. Once while I was driving. Thankfully, I was only about a mile away from a gas station that time. The other time, I was in an old converted Greyhound bus that didn't have a working fuel gauge. We were in the middle of nowhere. After walking for a while, someone picked us up and gave us a ride back and forth. Not fun.
    Ain't that a ***!
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually the last time this happened was while the wife and I went out for date night.decided to take my truck instead of her Pontiac.while where driving home from dinner.luckily we were only a maybe 14 mile from a gas station .made for an interesting end to date night.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    Kinda. I was around 16-17y/o and left my house to put gas. I actually ran out of gas on the way over there and the engine shut off, but was able to pull into the station with the car just rolling in neutral. Pretty neat.
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • Options
    Are you left handed or right handed?
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Depends on what I'm doing.sometimes its good to switch things up!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    twistedstem:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Depends on what I'm doing.sometimes its good to switch things up!!
    HAHA..ok bro!
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right handed. Switch it up with "The Stranger" once in a while
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    both handed. I can write with either and do most things with either, except smoke with the right, and brush my teeth with my left.

Aj
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Righty. I taught myself to use my left for playing handball a long time ago, but haven't played in years. Now all I do with the left is type.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Righty
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I can use both for most things although I'm a southpaw by nature.
  • Options
    Righty
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right handed
  • Options
    write with my right. drink and smoke with my left so i can shake someones hand. it was a hard habit to make but i got it.
  • Options
    Right handed for sure. But for some reason I carry more groceries with my left hand. Like 4 times more. I don't get it
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    right handed but I sometimes like to date my left hand too.....leftys not near as rough as righty
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Right handed, but I fork with my left.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right but I am better at dispatching fly's with my left.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Right handed for sure. But for some reason I carry more groceries with my left hand. Like 4 times more. I don't get it
    Didn't realize that it was like that for other people too. I usually carry all my groceries with my left hand in one trip.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Righty for most things. Broke my elbow once and became somewhat ambidextrous at many things. I shoot a rifle lefty and a pistol right handed.
  • Options
    Eulogy:
    danielzreyes:
    Didn't realize that it was like that for other people too. I usually carry all my groceries with my left hand in one trip.
    Yes. I will carry like 5-6 bags of groceries with my left while I carry my keys to open the door in my right.