Home Non Cigar Related

Taking another big step...

bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
The wife and I have been looking for our first house and found one on Sunday. We put in our offer yesterday, got a counter, and then re-countered. Got an email from our agent stating our offer was accepted!! Hoping to get things closed out by the end of the month.

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Bert that's AWESOME!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the new house. It's always nicer to own something if you can.
  • AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    holy moly!! thats awesome!! the American Dream! congrats and best of luck. I bought my current house 3 years ago and I dont plan to leave it until I'm an empty nester! 18 years to go!!!
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Andrew!! Good luck and have fun making it your own!!
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's fantastic! Congratulations!

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats my man! That is fantastic!!!!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats man! :) buying a house is fun. :)
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Good for you, Bert. You're going to have fun playing house!
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys I'm really looking forward to it. Mark I won't be to far from you. It's in O' Fallon off Bryan rd
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Home Depot. Lowes. You get to learn their floor plans, aisle by aisle.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    webmost:

lol +1
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
    webmost:

Yep, especially with an unfinished basement!
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope you will be able to have a place for a garden. Maybe a dog? Having your own place is a big step. All the best.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bert873:
    Thanks guys I'm really looking forward to it. Mark I won't be to far from you. It's in O' Fallon off Bryan rd
    Fantastic! O'Fallon smoke outs boys!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

First Warrior:
    Hope you will be able to have a place for a garden. Maybe a dog? Having your own place is a big step. All the best.
    We'll eventually get a dog and probably a garden of some sort. Have to put up a fence around the yard first.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrat's on the big step, hope it doesn't cut into your cigar budget too much.
    The3Stogies:
    Congrat's on the big step, hope it doesn't cut into your cigar budget too much.
    It's definitely cut into it recently. Been trying to put back as much as possible. Once we get the house it will actually open up some funds and the cigar budget should be back to normal
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very happy for you and your lady Andrew....just make sure we get that new addy when you move in ya dig??

housewarming=bombing run..just sayin
    smoke em if you got em:
    Very happy for you and your lady Andrew....just make sure we get that new addy when you move in ya dig??

housewarming=bombing run..just sayin
    I'll think about it. Don't want the whole neighborhood blown to pieces as soon as I move in. I know how you guys are around here.
  • TaraLeeTaraLee Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations! This is huge, exciting, fun and extremely stressful! Remember to focus on the good stuff during the stressful stuff :) Once it's done, it's amazing! Congrats again!

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats man. Hope your first house brings both of you joy and happiness. Cheers.