Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    Hello, my name is Alan, I have just started posting in these forums. My twin brother recently purchased a humidor and I have been trying a few cigars and decided to start a collection of my own. I am still waiting for my humidor to be delivered. I still haven't tried many cigar. I have had a few Gurkha Beauty, a CAO Italian, and a Olivia "V". I'm still trying to figure out what I like. Its been a pleasant surprise to find a friendly and welcoming community, unlike some of the communities that I have been apart of.
    hey Alan. welcome! where in the bay area are you?
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between Roland and your user ID's, I have a feeling that I need to finish the Dark Tower series. I'd like to thank everyone for the welcoming words, again.
  • Options
    Between Roland and your (Darktower) user ID's, I have a feeling that I need to finish the Dark Tower series. I'd like to thank everyone for the welcoming words, again. I live in San Leandro, I just thought more people would know where the East Bay was over San Leandro.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    Between Roland and your (Darktower) user ID's, I have a feeling that I need to finish the Dark Tower series. I'd like to thank everyone for the welcoming words, again. I live in San Leandro, I just thought more people would know where the East Bay was over San Leandro.
    haha that's funny. I was just at Drakes earlier today. let me know if you ever want to get together for a cigar or two. I'm in San Ramon
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    Hello, my name is Alan, I have just started posting in these forums. My twin brother recently purchased a humidor and I have been trying a few cigars and decided to start a collection of my own. I am still waiting for my humidor to be delivered. I still haven't tried many cigar. I have had a few Gurkha Beauty, a CAO Italian, and a Olivia "V". I'm still trying to figure out what I like. Its been a pleasant surprise to find a friendly and welcoming community, unlike some of the communities that I have been apart of.
    Hey welcome Alan. You have a twin brother? I have an identical twin brother. Are yall identical or fraternal?
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I have a fraternal twin brother but we look identical. It's always interesting to meet another twin. Do people also ask you if you " really have a twin"? I find its a common problem among twins.
  • Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump so the wife can find it

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    TaraLeeTaraLee Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    Ok, so I guess I should go ahead and introduce myself. My name is Tara, my husband is Jay (jbohon). I am a Vet and a stay home mom (of three). I love photography, camping, books (murder/mystery and thrillers), music and long walks in the rain (hehehe).... I have recently begun enjoying cigars with my husband. I have found a few I like, but really like trying new ones. We have a great time smoking them together and sharing the experience. I have really enjoyed hearing about the posts from here, and I felt like family even before I signed up. So, I'm here now and looking forward to being an active part of the family!

• Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums. So what are the sticks that you have found you really enjoy?
  • Options
    Trident:
    Welcome to the forums. So what are the sticks that you have found you really enjoy?
    Well, I like the darker, Maduro & Habano wraps. I like the woodsy, nutty, and coffee types of flavors. I like the super-billowy smoke and the creamy types of finish. Jay has found it 'unfortunate' that some of my favorites are the Liga no.9 and Papa's Fritas... I also like the Tatuaje, Black Label, and Brickhouse to name a few. We have a few of the DE Tabak Especial that I am looking forward to trying. I tried the Acid line, but was not a fan of those.

But, the only reason why I'm telling you this, is to share my thoughts and likes.... our humidor is FULL.........

• Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    TaraLee:
    Trident:
    Well, I like the darker, Maduro & Habano wraps. I like the woodsy, nutty, and coffee types of flavors. I like the super-billowy smoke and the creamy types of finish. Jay has found it 'unfortunate' that some of my favorites are the Liga no.9 and Papa's Fritas... I also like the Tatuaje, Black Label, and Brickhouse to name a few. We have a few of the DE Tabak Especial that I am looking forward to trying. I tried the Acid line, but was not a fan of those.

But, the only reason why I'm telling you this, is to share my thoughts and likes.... our humidor is FULL.........

I am the most harmless person on this site. I just talk a lot of BS. I pride myself in knowing things, so i am a bit nosey. plus, i dont keep any address on file.
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Tara. I'm still trying to get my wife to join the hobby so props to you for joining the madness.
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    First night my wife and I met she smoked a fuente short story with me...that was 6 years ago! :'(
  • Options
    Welcome! I haven't been here long myself and everyone here is awesome (I think that I was the last person to introduce myself). I'm sure you'll have a great time here.
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaraLee:
    Trident:

Welcome aboard! Sounds like we have very similar tastes so far! I will say with the Tabak Especial, I really like the Cafe con Leche with an iced coffee, but was not a fan of one of the others I had. I too really like the Liga No. 9, Papas Fritas, and Brickhouse. Haven't had the others you mentioned, but will add them to my list. If you haven't tried the Monte Cristo Media Noche yet, give that a try! Glad to see I'm not the only wife that enjoys cigars :)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    Edna20:
    TaraLee:
    Trident:

Welcome aboard! Sounds like we have very similar tastes so far! I will say with the Tabak Especial, I really like the Cafe con Leche with an iced coffee, but was not a fan of one of the others I had. I too really like the Liga No. 9, Papas Fritas, and Brickhouse. Haven't had the others you mentioned, but will add them to my list. If you haven't tried the Monte Cristo Media Noche yet, give that a try! Glad to see I'm not the only wife that enjoys cigars :)
    Thanks! Yeah, I see there are a couple ladies in here :) I will have to make note of those on my 'to try' list! Thanks for the welcome and the recomendations!

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the SOTL.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome New Members
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    mb92755mb92755 Posts: 34
    Mike. In Oregon and new to cigar enjoyment. I'm giving up sailing so I can spend more time at home with family and doing honey-do's. Siding and painting the house, gardening and spending time with family. Every night this summer has been great after work and chores ending with a cigar in the back yard. I'm going to miss summer.
    Mike
  • Options
    Hey Mike, welcome to the forums. I'm pretty new here myself and everyone has been great. I'm sure you'll fit right in.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Mike
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Mike. We have a great group of guys here and quite a few from the great northwest. Maybe they'll have some tips on getting your smoke on come winter.
  • Options
    AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    Cool. We got 3 Mikes now. Welcome to the forum.
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Mike!

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    Welcome Mike.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Mike,I'm a bit of a newby myself. I spent the early 70's on St. Croix and did a bit of crewing on sailboats. A downwind reach in the early evening is pretty cool. There is a lot of good info that we share on this site. Glad to have you aboard.
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    Eric_Dukes84:
    Hey. im new to the cigar world and im really enjoying it. i dont know a whole lot but im trying to learn.
    Hello Eric. Welcome. You have found the best place to learn. We have a great bunch of guys here. And I'm glad we have another TN brother in the group. There may be a chance we have a small group of us meet up in Nashville one of these days.
    Sounds great. I'm always up for a great smoke with great people
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Eric!!!!! And enjoy
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to any and all new members that I have missed, thanks for joining and hope you stick around to join in on the reindeer games ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    MVW67:
    Welcome Eric!!!!! And enjoy
    Thanks. I really am. I have come to realize tho it can be a bit pricey of a hobby but dang it's so enjoyable.