Home General Discussion
Options

Newbs to Forums Please READ!!!! Edited! New

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monday bump
    MVW67:
    First thing welcome if I have missed you, wiith so many different threads, So this is to help everyone out even the seasoned (some more then others LOL)

First in the General Discussion Forum, there are 4 threads "The Newbie WelcomingThread" for Intros by j0z3r
    The Newbie Welcoming Thread

And the "Formatting Thread" for learning how to post on forums, by Redtailhawkoz
    Formatting Thread

And the "Developing Your Palate Thread" self explantory, by Kuzi
    Developing your Palate Thread

And the "(almost) all inclusive guide to cigar etiquette, Kuzi style" Inside Kuzi's mind, by Kuzi
    (almost) all inclusive guide to cigar etiquette Thread

In the Cigar 101 Forum, there is a thread, "101 Things Newbs Should Know" by Sniper
    101 Things Newbs Should Know

In the Trade, Passes, and Bombs Forum, there are 2 threads "Newbie Trading Thread" for newbs looking to start trading. By wwestern
    Newbie Trading Thread

And the thread, "Etiquette- Trades, Passes, and Bombs" by Madurofan
    Etiquette for Trade,Passes and Bomb Forum

Please fill out your BIO it will help!!

And Mike, to you and the other BOTLs, the question has recently come up (again) of how is a "noob" to know that CCOM is independent and not affiliated with any other online retailers, even if said companies share the same shipping warehouse addy?

I personally made this "noob" mistake a few months ago of publicly asking about a competitor's deal since I did not know the company's were not related. So for all the new folks who don't know, could we maybe add something either here or to one of the other threads that says unless it has "Cigar.com" attached to the deal, that it's not from them and should not be publicly posted.
    By Jgibv

Lastly, in case you missed the Cigar.com Community Welcome Page, please note:

"Welcome to the Cigar.com forum! Use of the forum is only open to all Cigar.com registered users. The forum is provided as an opportunity for members to discuss cigars, related topics, and as a tool to meet other cigar enthusiasts.

The basic rule for using the forum is to implement good judgment and common sense in keeping your comments and messages reasonable. Examples of unreasonable messages include the use of profanity, advertising or commercial purposes, competing web sites, or disparaging an individual, a race or religion, a company, or a website. In the event that certain forum postings are questionable, the posting will be taken down, and offenders may have their privileges removed. This message area is monitored by our staff, who reserve the right to remove, edit or close a post or thread at any time. However, it is impossible to review every message, and while we will make every effort to remove objectionable material immediately, by using the forum all members understand that all posts are the expressed opinions of their authors and only the authors of each post. Therefore, in no way will Cigar.com, its administrators, or its staff be held liable for any post appearing on the forum, regardless of content. The IP addresses of all posts are recorded to assist in properly enforcing these terms and conditions.

By entering the Cigar.com forum, you agree to be bound by the above terms and conditions. Thank you and enjoy!"

Search Box & Private Messages
    Don't miss these two features. The Search Box in the top right corner of your screen ... it's not as precise as "Google," but there's a wealth of information in some of the older threads. So if you have a question about a specific topic be sure to utilize the Search Function ... you just may find the answer you're looking for. Please "bump" old threads so we can continue to add to those conversations. If not, please start a new thread with what's on your mind.

And above the Search Box you'll find a link titled Inbox .... that's where you'll find your Private Messages (PMs). If someone tells you to check your PMs, that's the place to go. You can also send PMs to other users by clicking the "contact" button next to their name and selecting "send private message" from the drop down menu. by Jgibv

I have found my self monitoring these for the New guys and will continue to try and keep posted on the front page, thank you!!!! And Enjoy the forums BOTL!!!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    MVW67:
    jgibv:
    pg 1
    MVW67:
    First thing welcome if I have missed you, wiith so many different threads, So this is to help everyone out even the seasoned (some more then others LOL)

First in the General Discussion Forum, there are 4 threads "The Newbie WelcomingThread" for Intros by j0z3r

And the "Formatting Thread" for learning how to post on forums, by Redtailhawkoz
    Formatting Thread

And the "(almost) all inclusive guide to cigar etiquette, Kuzi style" Inside Kuzi's mind, by Kuzi

In the Cigar 101 Forum, there is a thread, "101 Things Newbs Should Know" by Sniper

In the Trade, Passes, and Bombs Forum, there are 2 threads "Newbie Trading Thread" for newbs looking to start trading. By wwestern
    Newbie Trading Thread

And Mike, to you and the other BOTLs, the question has recently come up (again) of how is a "noob" to know that CCOM is independent and not affiliated with any other online retailers, even if said companies share the same shipping warehouse addy?

I personally made this "noob" mistake a few months ago of publicly asking about a competitor's deal since I did not know the company's were not related. So for all the new folks who don't know, could we maybe add something either here or to one of the other threads that says unless it has "Cigar.com" attached to the deal, that it's not from them and should not be publicly posted.
    By Jgibv

"Welcome to the Cigar.com forum! Use of the forum is only open to all Cigar.com registered users. The forum is provided as an opportunity for members to discuss cigars, related topics, and as a tool to meet other cigar enthusiasts.

The basic rule for using the forum is to implement good judgment and common sense in keeping your comments and messages reasonable. Examples of unreasonable messages include the use of profanity, advertising or commercial purposes, competing web sites, or disparaging an individual, a race or religion, a company, or a website. In the event that certain forum postings are questionable, the posting will be taken down, and offenders may have their privileges removed. This message area is monitored by our staff, who reserve the right to remove, edit or close a post or thread at any time. However, it is impossible to review every message, and while we will make every effort to remove objectionable material immediately, by using the forum all members understand that all posts are the expressed opinions of their authors and only the authors of each post. Therefore, in no way will Cigar.com, its administrators, or its staff be held liable for any post appearing on the forum, regardless of content. The IP addresses of all posts are recorded to assist in properly enforcing these terms and conditions.

By entering the Cigar.com forum, you agree to be bound by the above terms and conditions. Thank you and enjoy!"

Don't miss these two features. The Search Box in the top right corner of your screen ... it's not as precise as "Google," but there's a wealth of information in some of the older threads. So if you have a question about a specific topic be sure to utilize the Search Function ... you just may find the answer you're looking for. Please "bump" old threads so we can continue to add to those conversations. If not, please start a new thread with what's on your mind.

And above the Search Box you'll find a link titled Inbox .... that's where you'll find your Private Messages (PMs). If someone tells you to check your PMs, that's the place to go. You can also send PMs to other users by clicking the "contact" button next to their name and selecting "send private message" from the drop down menu. by Jgibv

I have found my self monitoring these for the New guys and will continue to try and keep posted on the front page, thank you!!!! And Enjoy the forums BOTL!!!!

• Options
    MVW67:
    jgibv:
    pg 1
    MVW67:

Formatting Thread

Newbie Trading Thread

By Jgibv

• Options
    bump for new folks

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    bump for new folks

I wonder if there is someway to make this stay on top...
  • Options
    Monday BUMP for Bulldog and any of the other new folks who've joined us the past week or so.

jd50ae:
    jgibv:
    bump for new folks

I wonder if there is someway to make this stay on top...
    The question has been asked many many times before...and the short answer is "no".

• Options
    thursday bump to top.
    MVW67:
    jgibv:
    pg 1
    MVW67:

Formatting Thread

Newbie Trading Thread

By Jgibv

• Options
    Been Slackin'
    Bump!
    MVW67:
    jgibv:
    pg 1
    MVW67:

Formatting Thread

Newbie Trading Thread

By Jgibv

• Options
    pg 1 material
    MVW67:

Formatting Thread

Newbie Trading Thread

By Jgibv

• Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Always!!!
    jgibv:
    pg 1 material
    MVW67:

Formatting Thread

Newbie Trading Thread

By Jgibv

Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Mike!!!!!!!! Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    i'm going to read this thread. you should too.

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Bump
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    Up^
    jgibv:
    pg 1 material
    MVW67:

Formatting Thread

Newbie Trading Thread

By Jgibv

• Options
  • Options
    up

• Options
    Always!!
    jgibv:
    pg 1 material
    MVW67:

Formatting Thread

Newbie Trading Thread

By Jgibv

• Options
    Weekly BUMP
    MVW67:
    Always!!
    jgibv:
    pg 1 material
    MVW67:

Formatting Thread

Newbie Trading Thread

By Jgibv

• Options
    monday bump to the top for anyone who hasn't seen this info

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    monday bump to the top for anyone who hasn't seen this info
    Monday bump huh? Sounds like regularly scheduled "relations" ;)
  • Options
    newer BOTLs/SOTLs, consider this *THE THREAD* as you start out on the forum.

lots of info in MVW's post above ^^^^^

this is the big one, bookmark it, make it your home page, whatever...lots of good stuff here, don't miss it.

• Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump
  • Options
    UP UP & AWAY!!!!!

• Options
    MVW67:
    Up^
    jgibv:
    pg 1 material
    MVW67:

Formatting Thread

Newbie Trading Thread

By Jgibv

• Options
    ^^^^^^

• Options
    bump

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    bump
    Hall monitor
  • Options
    Rain:
    jgibv:
    bump
    Hall monitor
    #selfie

• Options
    tuesday toppage
    MVW67:
    Up^
    jgibv:
    pg 1 material
    MVW67:

Formatting Thread

Newbie Trading Thread

By Jgibv