Home Ratings & Reviews

N.A.S by LFD

onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone know anything about these? I thought I saw someone post something a while back but I can't find it. Supposed to be an eye-watering sinus-clearing spice bomb.

Comments

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a big LFD fan, but anything labeled as Nasty A$$ $hit (NAS) isn't being purchased or smoked by me.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    I'm a big LFD fan, but anything labeled as Nasty A$$ $hit (NAS) isn't being purchased or smoked by me.
    Lol! Is that what it really stands for?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    SleevePlz:
    Lol! Is that what it really stands for?
    That's it!
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I did a review, briefly. It was...

...wait for it...

...interestingly nasty.

Buy one to try, but don't buy a box. I did like the "nasty" cheroot look to the thing.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    I did a review, briefly. It was...

...wait for it...

...interestingly nasty.

Buy one to try, but don't buy a box. I did like the "nasty" cheroot look to the thing.
    I did pick up a three pack to try'em out, I haven't looked very hard but I have not seen any really Bad reviews, My B&M runs a little high so it takes about 3 weeks in my humi to have any kind of a chance at a decent burn, anyway 1 at the month mark 1 at 6 mo. and 1 at a yr.
  • Haven't smoked one myself, but a good friend of mine who frequently smokes the double ligero chisel was a fan on the NAS. Said it was similar in strength.
    heels0303:
    Haven't smoked one myself, but a good friend of mine who frequently smokes the double ligero chisel was a fan on the NAS. Said it was similar in strength.
    Hmmmm. I like the DL, especially as the chisel, but the NAS was the DL on crack. Harsher as well as stronger. It felt complex, but was harder to pick out those complexities. I would love to see that wrapper utilized in a smaller role, though. I found it really interesting, just too much.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i suspect that this cigar is a product of experimenting with not fully cured or fermented tobacco. this woulod give it a bit of a nasty taste that would be heavy on the tannins and slightly more acidic flavor.
    i have nto had one, but for those who have does that sum it up?
    kuzi16:
    i suspect that this cigar is a product of experimenting with not fully cured or fermented tobacco. this woulod give it a bit of a nasty taste that would be heavy on the tannins and slightly more acidic flavor.
    i have nto had one, but for those who have does that sum it up?

I don't know; from what I've heard it has to do with the actual tobacco varietal. The cigar is supposed to be pure Pelo de Oro. Not sure how the fermentation process is, though. It didn't strike me as particularly acidic, but it did have that tannin/leathery feel/taste.