Home General Discussion
Options

Are girls allowed here?

Comments

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the land of crazy.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    Thanks! Noah told me I have expensive taste. I'm guessing that means I'd avoid machine made innately.
    i smoked a machine made ISOM from the 1930s and it was amazing...dont knock them out yet
  • Options
    Unicorn:
    let me help you out...photo 100MEDIAIMAG0431.jpg
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unicorn:

Yeah, that's a major flaw with this forum and one that'll never be corrected, I fear. We've been complaining about it for years.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. That's a great photo of the four of you. It almost makes Jiunn and Roman look semi-angelic. Please note that I said "almost". To my knowledge, they're a pair of scamps.

Be that as it may, it's good to see Noah back again and very good to make your acquaintance....??
  • Options
    UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
    Next time we should make a less angelic picture :) Marty, you could come down and meet up with us when we come back in November? Now can somebody tell me where to smoke in Boston...
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    Next time we should make a less angelic picture :) Marty, you could come down and meet up with us when we come back in November? Now can somebody tell me where to smoke in Boston...

Your job takes you next to Bahhston?? Sounds like you work for the same company as one of my grandsons.. Lol. I don't remember the name of the company but he and three other team members are currently working in Seattle. They work four days and fly home for three. Then back to Seattle. When that job is done he gets sent to another with the same schedule. Don't know where he'll be sent next.
  • Options
    I live near Bahhston and was just out in San Fran for a class. So I need a home base for girls night out!
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Well unfortunately a lot of the MA guys are quiet these days, thehilk, Robgreen, Vision.... but while I don't know good MA lounges/stores if you're in the South Shore area Cigarsmiths in Tiverton is my go-to. Great selection of all my favorites, including lots of Illusione as I've seen mentioned.

http://www.cigarsmiths.com/
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you. Has anyone gotten your adress for the newsletter? If Not PM me the addy and I will get you on the list.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matkn293:
    Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you. Has anyone gotten your adress for the newsletter? If Not PM me the addy and I will get you on the list.
    He just wants it so he can drive by and stalk you.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    avengethis:
    matkn293:
    What, were not doing that any more? Someone tell Rain and Jsnake to stop driving by my house then, I see them coming from half a mile away.

Guess I'll stop stalking Chemnitz.
  • Options
    She gave up her address willingly, along with her hotel room key in San Fran...figured I would auction it off to you vultures
  • Options
    Trident:
    She gave up her address willingly, along with her hotel room key in San Fran...figured I would auction it off to you vultures
    That was Noah's key. Did y'all have fun?
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    avengethis:
    matkn293:
    How did you know? Sorry but you are getting a little boring to watch at night. Need some more excitement. Lol.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Good work getting Jamie signed up for the newsletter. Best one in the business. Always worth reading cover-to-cover.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    Unicorn:
    Hi, guys! Brand new cigar smoker here, brought over to the dark side by my friend Noah (ndhaon91). I was told I had to join this forum, so here I am! I've had a grand total of maybe 10 cigars but I'm hooked. I've actually been sitting around at work researching all the finer points! I just recently met two apparently very famous gentlemen, Roman and June, who helped me finesse a few things while smoking in San Francisco. I loved meeting you guys! Noah says I should be proud that I'm already retrohaling. :) So far my favorite cigar is the Illusione Epernay. Thanks for me letting me joint the boys club! Jamie
    Welcome. Be warned, though, that the boys rarely behave themselves. Indeed, I might be the only "normal" guy on here.
    Yeah, Patches O'Hoolihan-style normal. :)

Welcome Jamie! I have a Cousin out in Cambridge, but she's a bit of a health nut these days so I doubt she knows any good cigar lounges.
  • Options
    ndhaon91:
    Good work getting Jamie signed up for the newsletter. Best one in the business. Always worth reading cover-to-cover.
    Somehow I don't think this is what I think it is.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I offer to be your first cigar trade? Got any Padrons? I like Padrons. The really expensive ones
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    danielzreyes:
    Can I offer to be your first cigar trade? Got any Padrons? I like Padrons. The really expensive ones
    I think we need to let her read the newsletter before she'll be ready for trades...
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    ndhaon91:
    danielzreyes:
    I think we need to let her read the newsletter before she'll be ready for trades...

Plus you're far from being the first. Look way back at page one lol. Smoked a Padron 64 Maduro last night too and it was stemtastic.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    ndhaon91:
    danielzreyes:
    I have no idea what a Padron is. Do I Noah? Gonna have to google. :)
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    Echambers:
    Unicorn:
    Hi, guys! Brand new cigar smoker here, brought over to the dark side by my friend Noah (ndhaon91). I was told I had to join this forum, so here I am! I've had a grand total of maybe 10 cigars but I'm hooked. I've actually been sitting around at work researching all the finer points! I just recently met two apparently very famous gentlemen, Roman and June, who helped me finesse a few things while smoking in San Francisco. I loved meeting you guys! Noah says I should be proud that I'm already retrohaling. :) So far my favorite cigar is the Illusione Epernay. Thanks for me letting me joint the boys club! Jamie
    Welcome. Be warned, though, that the boys rarely behave themselves. Indeed, I might be the only "normal" guy on here.
    Yeah, Patches O'Hoolihan-style normal. :)

Welcome Jamie! I have a Cousin out in Cambridge, but she's a bit of a health nut these days so I doubt she knows any good cigar lounges.
    Hey now!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need some serious PT if you're ever in the area...damn I doubt it..
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    I'm not planning on any trips there but I might be able to hook you up with someone exceptional. PM me if you want :)
  • Options
    Unicorn:
    Bigshizza:
    I'm not planning on any trips there but I might be able to hook you up with someone exceptional. PM me if you want :)
    you should be planning a trip in the first weekend in december to chicago...Our 3rd annual Christmas herf
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to a fellow Bahhhhstonian. Which means that unless you allow your house, apt. or condo to reek of smoke, your cigar smoking season is limited to six months of the year.

All good folks here, although you might want to avoid the "Non-Cigar Topics" section, which is essentially the man cave area of the site. :)
  • Options
    raisindot:
    Welcome to a fellow Bahhhhstonian. Which means that unless you allow your house, apt. or condo to reek of smoke, your cigar smoking season is limited to six months of the year.

All good folks here, although you might want to avoid the "Non-Cigar Topics" section, which is essentially the man cave area of the site. :)
    Awesome! Planning a girls trip in October. Any good places in the city to go? I thought there were a couple cigar bars in Boston but I think some have closed.
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    Awesome! Planning a girls trip in October. Any good places in the city to go? I thought there were a couple cigar bars in Boston but I think some have closed.

The only cigar bar left in the city is Stanza dei Sigari in the North End.The plus side is that you're within walking distance of great Italian food and Mike's Pastry for desert.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards and to the world of cigars. If you're feeling brave, shoot me your addy. I need to make room in my humidors and have been thinking of sending out a package to a newcomer as of late. Plus, you're local, so that's a plus. And if you have any questions on places to check out north of Boston, I can recommend a few.
  • Options
    raisindot:
    Unicorn:

The only cigar bar left in the city is Stanza dei Sigari in the North End.The plus side is that you're within walking distance of great Italian food and Mike's Pastry for desert.
    Well I'll put that on my to do list. I wonder how the guys will like three blondes over 5'10" in their bar.