Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Dr Eric just welcomed me Chiro-Style!!!

Well, having been gone from the forum for so long, no one told me there was another chiropractor up in here! I just got back from the beach and find this waiting at the office this morning. Not only did Eric pick an amazing profession to work in, he has great taste in cigars as well! These are some of my all time favorites!(in fact I was out of the DC's) Be cautious Eric bc after I manage to get adjusted bc of the trauma pictured below, I will be looking to hand out some subluxations of my own!

Comments

• Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Impressive hit.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome hit and big words being thrown around.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matkn293:
    Awesome hit and big words being thrown around.
    I was lost at Well
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, we got two bunecrushers? Nice hit
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Enjoy!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    I will be looking to hand out some subluxations of my own!

Great hit but is subluxations a real word?
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    mmccartneydc:

Oh yea! Ever been to a chiropractor 3Stogies?
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    The3Stogies:
    mmccartneydc:

No I never have been to one, at least yet. From what I read it is a kind of stress fracture of sorts isn't it? Had to look it up, curious George, lol.
  • Options
    The3Stogies:
    mmccartneydc:
    The3Stogies:
    mmccartneydc:

No I never have been to one, at least yet. From what I read it is a kind of stress fracture of sorts isn't it? Had to look it up, curious George, lol.
    It's an interesting term...far from a fracture of any sort. The technical definition is less than a luxation (luxation being "complete dislocation"). In the medical world it equates to a severe sprain that results in abnormal positioning of the bones making up a joint. In the chiropractic realm it is the abnormal joint function (read as abnormal movement) that results from misalignment, hyperactive nerves or traumatic injury. Confusing to the public, I know. And sometimes more confusing to PTs and MDs who don't understand why a chiropractor would adjust a joint that, based on their definition, is unstable. If you've ever "cracked" your knuckles, you've had a (chiropractic) subluxation. That feeling of stiffness and ache is a sign of subluxation. If it occurs in the spine, it can affect the exiting spinal nerves and have an adverse effect on anything those nerves go to, including skin, muscle and organs. Restriction of spinal joints results in the same changes in muscle, tendon and ligament as the casting of a broken limb (see disuse atrophy). The effect on the joint results in inflammation that can also affect the nearby nerve root.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    The3Stogies:
    mmccartneydc:
    The3Stogies:
    mmccartneydc:

It's an interesting term...far from a fracture of any sort. The technical definition is less than a luxation (luxation being "complete dislocation"). In the medical world it equates to a severe sprain that results in abnormal positioning of the bones making up a joint. In the chiropractic realm it is the abnormal joint function (read as abnormal movement) that results from misalignment, hyperactive nerves or traumatic injury. Confusing to the public, I know. And sometimes more confusing to PTs and MDs who don't understand why a chiropractor would adjust a joint that, based on their definition, is unstable. If you've ever "cracked" your knuckles, you've had a (chiropractic) subluxation. That feeling of stiffness and ache is a sign of subluxation. If it occurs in the spine, it can affect the exiting spinal nerves and have an adverse effect on anything those nerves go to, including skin, muscle and organs. Restriction of spinal joints results in the same changes in muscle, tendon and ligament as the casting of a broken limb (see disuse atrophy). The effect on the joint results in inflammation that can also affect the nearby nerve root.
    My eyes just crossed trying to follow all that... wow.

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    Simplified: joints should move. Joints that don't move cause problems. Chiropractors make joints move therefore chiropractors are good.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    Eric likes to make adjustments to people's mailboxes
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    avengethis:
    Addendum: mailboxes = joints
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    avengethis:
    Addendum: mailboxes = joints
    Wow...Boom! Nicely done doc!
  • Options
    ejgorman:
    Simplified: joints should move. Joints that don't move cause problems. Chiropractors make joints move therefore chiropractors are good.

That I understand. I'm a little slow.

So subluxation would be were the joints meet causing the pain, by some injury or defect?
    ie: mailbox
  • Options
    The3Stogies:
    ejgorman:

So subluxation would be were the joints meet causing the pain, by some injury or defect?
    Perfect explanation Eric and yeah, my mailbox needs an adjustment badly! Also, when joints are misaligned for extended periods of time, the joint will wear out prematurely. This is EXACTLY how arthritis starts. Most people think they do not need chiropractors when in reality, EVERYONE needs a chiropractor!
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    The3Stogies:
    ejgorman:

Perfect explanation Eric and yeah, my mailbox needs an adjustment badly! Also, when joints are misaligned for extended periods of time, the joint will wear out prematurely. This is EXACTLY how arthritis starts. Most people think they do not need chiropractors when in reality, EVERYONE needs a chiropractor!

Nice sales pitch. Sorry. You guys freak me out.
  • Options
    I always enjoyed the electro massage thing at the chiro. Lasts about 20-30 minutes and usually I would fall asleep.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    rsherman24:
    mmccartneydc:
    The3Stogies:
    ejgorman:

Its your back, I don't sell anybody anything. Learned a long time ago not to put to high a value on other people's common sense! LOL, still love ya tho Sherm!
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    rsherman24:
    mmccartneydc:
    The3Stogies:
    ejgorman:

Its your back, I don't sell anybody anything. Learned a long time ago not to put to high a value on other people's common sense! LOL, still love ya tho Sherm!

Just messin with ya. I should go, but all that cracking and bending freaks me out. Or maybe that is just on TV
  • Options
    There are a lot of different methods of adjusting the spine. Some don't involve any "cracking" at all.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014