Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Tony Stewart

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
After seeing the accident I believe tony tried to down shift and blow mud in the guys face. That too me means he is guilty and should be faced with some kind of charge!
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Obviously watch at own risk.I've never raced, but I've read a lot of people talking about how breaking in those vehicles is almost impossible. I don't have any idea, I know it's all too easy for us to judge. Before the man is hit, another car almost hits him...so I'm not sure why he's out walking around. Only two people know what happened, and one is dead.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Couldn't disagree more. Not sure what to think, other than Kevin shouldn't of got out of his car and started dodging cars on a race track. My deepest condolences to the Ward family, a horrible accident.
    I like Tony Stewart. Do I think he meant to kill Kevin,, Absolutely not. Not sure how anyone could speculate what Tony's intentions were, Only Tony really knows.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    So after he's walking around that dark track in his black suit, why is he pointing at (i assume) Tony Stewart?
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    Couldn't disagree more. Not sure what to think, other than Kevin shouldn't of got out of his car and started dodging cars on a race track. My deepest condolences to the Ward family, a horrible accident.
    I like Tony Stewart. Do I think he meant to kill Kevin,, Absolutely not. Not sure how anyone could speculate what Tony's intentions were, Only Tony really knows.
    i don't think he wanted to kill him but I think he wanted to spray him...if you listen the engine revs right before impact and it looks like he cut the wheel
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Have seen so many times where a driver will get taken out and immediately jump out of the car and yell at or throw their helmet at the one who took them out. Always thought they were crazy and at some point someone was going to get hit. Those instances were all in Nascar events on well lit tracks if at night and all were paved.

Here you had a night race that wasn't very well lit and a guy wearing a black suit who almost got hit once and still kept doing what he was doing. I understand things get heated but stay in the damn car until the emergency crew gets there. This whole thing could have been avoided and it really is very sad.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    The Kid:
    i don't think he wanted to kill him but I think he wanted to spray him...if you listen the engine revs right before impact and it looks like he cut the wheel
    I didn't mean to imply you thought Tony meant to kill him. What I think it comes down to, is none of us really know what Tony meant to do. Did he intend to spray him,, perhaps? Did he mean to swipe him, maybe? Did he want to run over is foot, possibly? But its also conceivable that Tony just wanted to get away from him, He didn't know how close Kevin would approach his moving vehicle. Only Tony knows what his intentions were, and he'll have to live with what happened and his intent, when the accident happened.
    I didn't see the whole race, and I don't know if there's any history between Tony and Kevin. But from what I saw as far as the wreck goes. My first reaction was Kevin way over reacted and it was just good racing. It looked like a minor incident. I've seen Earnhardt Sr and other drivers do much worse. I think drivers should be heavily fined for these type of incidents, No throwing helmets at other drivers on the track, etc, save the fisticuff stuff for the pits, after the race.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Knowing a small amount about these sprint cars is they are like controlled chaos ..... Cracking the throttle will help to steer and swerve ..... There are no communications in these cars like nascar , so no spotter saying there's an upset driver on the track ...... The kid is entirely lucky that the car right before Tony didn't hit him. Moving forward I feel that NASCAR has an opportunity to prevent this from ever happening again .... If it happens where a driver exits his vehicle on the track after a crash and makes a hostile move towards a car be it pointing and flipping a car off or chucking their helmet they are fined 100 grand, docked 100 owner and driver points and suspended for 5 races ...... This would trickle down to all the regional racing and they could just say you're suspended for the remainder of the season, and banned for multiple offenders ..... This would eliminate a tragedy like this from ever occurring.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kingjk729:
    Knowing a small amount about these sprint cars is they are like controlled chaos ..... Cracking the throttle will help to steer and swerve ..... There are no communications in these cars like nascar , so no spotter saying there's an upset driver on the track ...... The kid is entirely lucky that the car right before Tony didn't hit him. Moving forward I feel that NASCAR has an opportunity to prevent this from ever happening again .... If it happens where a driver exits his vehicle on the track after a crash and makes a hostile move towards a car be it pointing and flipping a car off or chucking their helmet they are fined 100 grand, docked 100 owner and driver points and suspended for 5 races ...... This would trickle down to all the regional racing and they could just say you're suspended for the remainder of the season, and banned for multiple offenders ..... This would eliminate a tragedy like this from ever occurring.
    +1 and amen to that. Whatever Stewart did is debatable but Ward put himself in great danger. Never should have happened. I feel sad for his family.
  • Options
    Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    Rain:
    So after he's walking around that dark track in his black suit, why is he pointing at (i assume) Tony Stewart?
    Because he was the one that spun him out
  • Options
    Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    I was actually at Watkins Glen this weekend watching the races and all i can say is that you never walk on to the track. didn't see this race but saw nationwide and cup. A buddy from the firehouse was actually doing pit crew for AJ Allmendinger when he won the cup. I don't believe that Tony Stewart will be charged, i do believe there will be a couple of lawsuits as a result of this accident. i don't think he tried to kill him but who knows. a road rage incident should have never happened on a track there is a place for incidents like that and that at the pit of the garage.