Home General Discussion

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Drummerjoe:
    Hi, I'm Joey from mid Tennessee . I'm very new to cigars, have a very small humidor and currently smoke quorums as my daily smokes. It's amazing how helpful and friendly everyone here is!! Awesome site!
    Cool. Another drummer who likes cigars. Welcome!!!
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Joey! Stick around and learn something. Great guys here.
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    welcome to the site
  • MuurrrrphMuurrrrph Posts: 7
    What's up everyone. Daniel from Buffalo. Have smoked cigars here and there for years but have really gotten into it over the past six months. Really enjoy all the knowledge that's available on these forums.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Muurrrrph:
    What's up everyone. Daniel from Buffalo. Have smoked cigars here and there for years but have really gotten into it over the past six months. Really enjoy all the knowledge that's available on these forums.
    Welcome to the forum! Gotta love a screen name that you imagine yelling across the room at your best friend!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    SleevePlz:
    Muurrrrph:
    Welcome to the forum! Gotta love a screen name that you imagine yelling across the room at your best friend!
    Teeaaaach!

Muurrrrph!

Welcoooome!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to Daniel (from Buffalo) and all the other new folks who've joined us the past couple weeks.

If you're still just "lurking" and not posting much .... come on! Take the plunge and dive in head first!!
    Tell us a little about yourself and stick around for a while.

Big welcome to anyone I've missed.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone! Been lurking for a few weeks here and figured I'd go ahead introduce myself!

New to cigars, my husband asked me if he got some good cigars would I have one with him once in a while...a few weeks went by and nothing came of it so for Father's Day I bought him a 100ct humidor and some cigars (ok, more cigars than I should have, but I lost track). I didn't think I'd be too crazy about them, but I'd power through. Two months later, I have my own humidor and asked if I could change his COTM club order to a double. 18 minutes later ccom had taken care of it :)

Thanks all for the great information out here, been a big help so far!

Tonight my husband and I are going to give the Monte Cristo White Series No.2 a shot!!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Edna :)
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Edna! Glad to have you.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Edna!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Edna glad to have you.
    Welcome Edna! Great story. Sounds like he's blessed to have you. Hope you guys stick around.
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Muurrrrph and Edna! Great to have you! Also good to hear the other gender suffers from Cigar Acquisition Syndrome (CAS)!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    Welcome Muurrrrph and Edna! Great to have you! Also good to hear the other gender suffers from Cigar Acquisition Syndrome (CAS)!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. And CAS plays into so many of my favorite areas, online shopping, organizing (have an Excel spreadsheet with all of our cigars logged), winning in css, etc. :)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    Hey Guys. I've been smoking cigars for about 5 weeks and I joined this forum 2 weeks ago. Its helpful having the few regulars on here always quick on the draw to answer questions and get involved. Its nice to be a BOTL. Thanks to all who have offered their advice.
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Edna, Muuuurph, and AshMe! Great to see some new folks jumping in!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the new people.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    Bump for any new newbies
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Total newb to the site... I'm 27 y/o from Cleveland and I've been enjoying handmades since I was 16. I have probably smoked more Arturo Fuente Hemmingway's than anyone here hahah but seriously, THEY ARE DELICIOUS. Big Fan of Rocky Patel and A.J. Fernandez's stuff as well.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
    youngryan216:
    Total newb to the site... I'm 27 y/o from Cleveland and I've been enjoying handmades since I was 16. I have probably smoked more Arturo Fuente Hemmingway's than anyone here hahah but seriously, THEY ARE DELICIOUS. Big Fan of Rocky Patel and A.J. Fernandez's stuff as well.
    Hmm, as the resident cameroon fiend, I'd be thinking you haven't smoked more. LOL!
    Welcome to the forums.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Smoked a Rocky Patel Vintage 2003 Cameroon and I didn't really enjoy it that much. Sort of like a fuente on steriods...mostly from the Nicaraguan filler. What do you think O Cameroon Oracle? Can you recommend any good Cam's?
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
    youngryan216:
    Smoked a Rocky Patel Vintage 2003 Cameroon and I didn't really enjoy it that much. Sort of like a fuente on steriods...mostly from the Nicaraguan filler. What do you think O Cameroon Oracle? Can you recommend any good Cam's?
    Other than Fuente Hemingway?
    AF Don Carlos [top shelf]
    Torano 1916 [my favorite]
    Upmman Vintage cameroon [pretty good, very fragile wrapper]
    Partagas 150 or 160 [good luck finding them though]
    Partagas Decadas [sublime, but getting harder to find]
    Nub cameroon [very tasty, but I have a hard time buying half a cigar]
    Adan y Eva cameroon [again, good luck finding one]
    RP Vintage 2003 cameroon
    La Flor Domincana Cameroon cabinet [one of the best]
    Camacho Select Cameroon [another hard to find]
    CAO CX2 [available at a famous cigar site]
    Beck Gran Cameroon [not a bad cigar]
    La Unica Cameroon [not terrible, not the best]
    La Aurora preferidos [very good]
    Nirvana [This is a new one and I like it]
    Panacea Azul cameroon (blue label) [this one is very good. Not a lot of suppliers]

There are probably a dozen or so I couldn't think of off the top of my head.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Wanted to drop by and say hey to everyone; been on the site a couple of weeks. I'm from Ringgold, GA (15 minutes south of Chattanooga, TN) and work at a local shop in Chattanooga. Look forward to talking cigars with everyone.
    Welcome to the new guys.
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    youngryan216:
    RP Vintage 2003 cameroon
    Panacea Azul cameroon (blue label) [this one is very good. Not a lot of suppliers]

Hey, thanks for this I have more cameroons to try now
    Thanatos0320:
    0patience:
    youngryan216:
    RP Vintage 2003 cameroon

Hey, thanks for this I have more cameroons to try now
    LOL! That's a good thing.
    I just noticed your signature. Archimedes fan?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I b new.

I just took up cigars over 2 years ago and have been enjoying them ever since. Currently working overseas and have about 250 sticks packed in my humis. I have already learned that seasoning changes the taste of many of them and some not so much it seems. I have smoked some Cubans here and I think some of the smokes at a lot cheaper prices are just as good if not better.

I love my Maduros and a huge fan of the spicy My Father's. Sill waiting to smoke that elusive feral flying pig. One day I will find one.

Enjoy reading some of the threads. I learned a lot before I ventured in about humi's, beads and cigar care.

TY
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?