Home Non Cigar Related

PRAYER REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Praying man.
    One God, One Truth
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying, Wayne.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got it Wayne and thanks for the prayers fellas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Prayers for you Royln and Wayne.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for Royln and Wayne as well.
    I have my Zoology lab final today, please pray.
    One God, One Truth
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    I have my Zoology lab final today, please pray.
    I remember that day. Prayers could help! You focus, we'll pray, too.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Consulting with a surgeon this morning. Prayers welcome.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not gonna name names. Just know that I'm praying for all you guys.
    Thanks guys. Feel I did pretty good.

Praying for you Doug.
    One God, One Truth
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    My family and I would appreciate a prayer that our home will sell soon. It has only been on the market for a month. We have an interested party visiting this Tuesday @4pm. We would like to purchase another home out in the country, but it is contingent on us being able to sell our house first. We had two seperate interests before. One decided not to show and the other wanted a contract for deed. So a good luck prayer would come in handy. And a big thank you for those that do. In return I will say a prayer for you. God Bless, Christian
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    For Doug: I'm saying a prayer for you as I write. May the Lord watch over you and protect you.
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers coming your way guys.
    Finals week. Prayers needed please.
    One God, One Truth
    My CCOM Prayer list is growing! Remembering you all and asking for God's perfect will to be done in each situation.

I have two follow-up tests scheduled over the next two weeks, then another consult with the surgeon to see where we stand. Taking a new course of antibiotics in the meantime and hoping to see some improvement soon. Thanks for praying. I appreciate it very much.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I have an extended job interview that was just arranged for the first full weekend next month. I'd appreciate you guys remembering me as I prepare and while I'm there.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Doug and Martel, praying for both of you.
    One God, One Truth
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Semi-good news. My brother has two lumps. One on his neck and one in his lungs. Docs scheduled a biopsy for the lump on his neck, but the lump in his lungs isn't a cancerous tumor. Apparently, he somehow contracted tuberculosis. Probably from a passenger as he works at an airport. He starts treatment soon.

Thanks for the prayers, guys.
    Thanks for the update, Wayne. Glad it's not worse but will keep praying.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gdang. I gotta say that, as good news, goes catching consumption is bad enough.

I dread this thread every time this bumps to the top. Plus, I gotta wonder, like, if prayer works, why would you ever need a prayer thread after the fact?

I'm no Madalyn Murray, but, truthfully, there is no better argument against the existence of a benevolent God than a cancer ward full of bald headed tots.

Good Luck and Good Health all.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Just found out a couple from church who was expecting their 3rd child just had a miscarriage. They need prayers for strength at this time.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers and a pinch of tobacco ( Native American offering) for peace in this world.
    I was just informed that my hours are being cut at work. A major donor reduced funding because they lost donors. Trickle down hits hard.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Just said a prayer for the couple at your church, Royln, and for God to provide for you and your family, Martel.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Just found out a couple from church who was expecting their 3rd child just had a miscarriage. They need prayers for strength at this time.
    Tragic. Praying for them.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Thanks fellas....prayers for you and the fam Martel
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:

So sorry, may the Lord give them strength and bring their family closer to the love that is Him
    Thanks Rolyn (that family is in my prayers) and everyone.

My family and I will find a way; that was put in perspective for me tonight by something I'd appreciate your prayers for. I guy I knew growing up and into young adulthood is a Doctor working for Samaritan's Purse in Liberia. He has been treating Ebola patients for the last few months, but tonight it was announced that he's tested positive for the virus. Please pray for him, his wife, and their two young children.

• ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Praying for you and your friend, Eric. Also praying for the couple at your church, Royln.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Just said a prayer for the couple at your church, Royln, and for God to provide for you and your family, Martel.

What Doug said goes for me as well, Royln and Martel. And a special prayer for the doctor in Liberia who is giving of himself to help others. He shall be blessed.....