Home General Discussion
Options

Paducah Ky cigar shops?

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
In Paducah KY thru Thursday looking for a place to indulge a good stick. Paducah Cigar Company is closed till after Vegas so that's out. Any suggestions anybody?

Comments

• Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Paducah Cigar Co. Down town. Exit 4 the owner is a super nice fella and just opened up. Great prices too I thought!
    I was there last week you live close?
  • Options
    Nope. I'm down here on business. But the Cigar Company is closed till Friday soi was hoping there was another shop or lounge around that's open till 10 or so.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, when I was in Nashville last week, Uptown was getting ready to head to Vegas. Stinks to travel and not have a place to go.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to have to check those out. We go to Paducah a couple times a year. Sam's club run.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paducah is where my Weather Radar is based. I was planning a little road trip and it is on my agenda. I guess a little side trip to the Cigar Co. would be in order since I will be there anyway. Strange how my itinaray seems to have a cigar store at every stop....
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Every 90 days I'm up there for work. it's 3 miles from the hotel which is nice.
    If any of you guys can work it out let's do a Paducah herf this fall! My schedule is flexable. Would be nice meeting you Fellers.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it! I hope I can come but if I can't, no big deal but DO IT! For too long I've been talking about wanting to do a regional herf in Jackson TN that would bring in some the forum guys from our geographic area. So far it's been just talk. I assumed it wasn't going to be all that difficult but now I'm in a new location and have a new job that often, without much notice, eats into my weekends. I'm angry at myself for not getting something done before I moved, when I had more available time. I have read about the fun to be had at these forum gatherings and I want in on some of that. I still want to finish what I started. I intend to have a Jackson herf but I'd hate to plan a weekend and not show up myself until Sunday afternoon.

I'm not just thread jackin' here. My point is to encourage anyone interested in starting up a herf to get it done. Don't put it off until something gets in your way.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Do it! I hope I can come but if I can't, no big deal but DO IT! For too long I've been talking about wanting to do a regional herf in Jackson TN that would bring in some the forum guys from our geographic area. So far it's been just talk. I assumed it wasn't going to be all that difficult but now I'm in a new location and have a new job that often, without much notice, eats into my weekends. I'm angry at myself for not getting something done before I moved, when I had more available time. I have read about the fun to be had at these forum gatherings and I want in on some of that. I still want to finish what I started. I intend to have a Jackson herf but I'd hate to plan a weekend and not show up myself until Sunday afternoon.

I'm not just thread jackin' here. My point is to encourage anyone interested in starting up a herf to get it done. Don't put it off until something gets in your way.

Sunday afternoon isn't too late to pick up the tab Bob :)
  • Options
    Bob Luken:

Good points, no thread-jacking as far as I can see, I feel much the same way. Thought we'd get to it last spring. The problem for me is I work every weekend, occasional days during the week. Oh, and my wife, who is likely to say "Oh, that's a great idea, you should do it". How's that a problem? Well, once I "do it", whatever "it" is, then, and only then she decides it was a BAD idea, and I was a horrible person to ever abandon her so. But, that's OK, she's going to do that no matter what, so it doesn't really figure in, I just need to say it every once and a while.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Paducah Cigar Co. Down town. Exit 4 the owner is a super nice fella and just opened up. Great prices too I thought!
    I was there last week you live close?
    A little late, but I went there today.  Very nice place, good choices in the walk-in, seemed like good folks running it and hanging out.  Prices weren't bad, either.  I'll go again whenever I'm up that way.

• Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crud... Looks like a nice shop. I roll thru there. Doesn't look like I could anywhere near their shop even if I dropped trailer and bobtail.  :(
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dammit Randy, walk a couple blocks, you will enjoy it
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like probably a mile walk at least going by street view..lol
  • Options
    I love that area. We have our training at the Seamens Institute around the corner. But each time I've gone by they were closed. 
  • Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teeheehee... You said seamen....^^^^
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, cause rivermen sounds like dancers with their wrists chained to their waists
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Speaking of,..............
    https://youtu.be/m-6yVKSpYxQ
  • Options
    Can't believe no one gave me an LOL on that last post. 
    OK I'll give you the short version for you impatient types. 
    https://youtu.be/BR6_1KtAyNc
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damnit @Bob_Luken, I can't stop listening to them now.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    Damnit @Bob_Luken, I can't stop listening to them now.
    Haha. Have you found "Me Make Fire" yet?
  • Options
    Not yet, but I will after work
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Bwahahahaha!!!!

Him now Fire!
    Me dance around Ook Ook....

I was busting in the break room.

You need to check out Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie. They're geek humor, but funny as hell.