Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Received Movie Trivia winnings from rsherman24. Very nice selection of sticks! Haven't tried the Jesus Fuego or the GH2. Thank you, sir!

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Received the winnings from Martel. Thank you photo imagejpg1-2.jpg
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Clue #6 - Each of this movie's five main characters is named after a famous scientist.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    OK gang... Apparently nobody likes my cigars, because there is no way this should be on the seventh clue. If nobody gets it by noon today, I'm going to pick a random "winner" (or two) and let someone else take this forward. Clue #7 - The title of the movie is derived from a quote by Mark Twain.
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Sorry Doug. I just can't think of any serious Will Ferral movies and I refuse to use Google again to cheat to figure it out.
  • Options
    FireRob:
    Sorry Doug. I just can't think of any serious Will Ferral movies and I refuse to use Google again to cheat to figure it out.
    It's all good, bruddah. Didn't mean to be cranky. I'm happy to keep going if y'all want. Just didn't want to clog up the game.
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    FireRob:
    It's all good, bruddah. Didn't mean to be cranky. I'm happy to keep going if y'all want. Just didn't want to clog up the game.
    I've been trying but have no clue at all.
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    Don't sweat it, hard to clog up a game when it looks like only four are playing. I think I entered this game long after it "Jumped the Shark"
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stranger than Fiction? Got my package from Patrick this afternoon. Photobucket is not cooperating so I will get pic up soon. Great selection. Have been looking to try the Daruma
  • Options
    rsherman24:
    Stranger than Fiction? Got my package from Patrick this afternoon. Photobucket is not cooperating so I will get pic up soon. Great selection. Have been looking to try the Daruma
    Looks like you'll be posting another picture soon. PM your addy please.
  • Options
    TwoThingismTwoThingism Posts: 121
    FireRob:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Don't sweat it, hard to clog up a game when it looks like only four are playing. I think I entered this game long after it "Jumped the Shark"

Hell I've been trying, but I have not won yet. I've been close but, **puts on sunglasses** no cigar.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    rsherman24:
    I was completely misled here until it went Will Farrell's direction. I was thinking Forrest Gump after your "close" on Castaway. Then you dropped the Righteous Brothers hint and I started thinking Will. I considered Stranger than Fiction. In fact I picked it up off my DVD shelf and considered watching it. I seriously don't remember the scientist names. And oh, is it his watch that's the main character? Is that what you're talking about. It's been a while since watching that one...
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    I was heading down a different path myself, and had to step back and take a look.

Clue #1 This movie was based off a Stephen King novel. One of the leads was a white irishman which was changed for the movie version.
  • Options
    Martel:
    Puff_Dougie:
    rsherman24:
    I was completely misled here until it went Will Farrell's direction. I was thinking Forrest Gump after your "close" on Castaway. Then you dropped the Righteous Brothers hint and I started thinking Will. I considered Stranger than Fiction. In fact I picked it up off my DVD shelf and considered watching it. I seriously don't remember the scientist names. And oh, is it his watch that's the main character? Is that what you're talking about. It's been a while since watching that one...
    Didn't intend to mislead. The scientists were Escher, Pascal, Crick, Eiffel, and Hilbert. Harold's wristwatch is the inanimate object that is ultimately the hero of the story. The song in the soundtrack is "I'd go the Whole Wide World" by Wreckless Eric. Very clever and well acted movie. Worth watching if you've never seen it.
  • Options
    Sherm's winnings are en route...

• Options
    Clue # 2 Took place in Mansfield Ohio
  • Options
    Shawshank Redemption
  • Options
    TwoThingism:
    Shawshank Redemption

Winner Winner. Your up.
    PM me your address. I am heading out of town for a weekend golf trip so I will get your winnings out Monday morning.
  • Options
    Awesome. My turn. I hope this isn't too easy.

Hint #1: This film is based off a comic book. For about a decade after it's original release, the only way you could watch it in the USA was to have a bootleg copy.
  • Options
    Superman
  • Options
    negative on Superman.

It's a Japanese film that The Hunger Games are accused of plagiarizing from.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    TwoThingism:
    negative on Superman.

I don't buy it. But whatever. And I'm not a Hunger Games fanboy at all. Thought they were awful, but they didn't plagiarize. Too many similarities with other works to make that connection IMHO.

But, I'm not giving the answer. I'm running out of my own sticks and am pretty much getting to the point that everything I own came from BOTLs. I would feel a bit guilty of sending any of that stash out.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I just recently saw the movie I think your talking about,would it be Battle Royal?
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    You got it. I think I still have your addy. But pm me it anyways.
  • Options
    Martel:
    TwoThingism:
    negative on Superman.

I don't buy it. But whatever. And I'm not a Hunger Games fanboy at all. Thought they were awful, but they didn't plagiarize. Too many similarities with other works to make that connection IMHO.

But, I'm not giving the answer. I'm running out of my own sticks and am pretty much getting to the point that everything I own came from BOTLs. I would feel a bit guilty of sending any of that stash out.

I heard they were going to make an American version of the film to make it less gory for the audiences. But they took too long and the hunger games came out. So they shelved it because the movies were similar.
  • Options
    Pm out,give me a day to come up with something good. And I'll get a clue up.

• Options
    Winnings from Puff_Dougie arrived today. Very nice selection. Thank You

• Options
    OK,here we go.this was the first horror movie I saw in a theatre,takes place overseas but two main characters are Americans.

• Options
    chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    twistedstem:
    OK,here we go.this was the first horror movie I saw in a theatre,takes place overseas but two main characters are Americans.
    American Warewolf in London?
  • Options
    Wow,that was quick.lol.pm your Addy bro.