Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This movie has a small part by one of the actors/actresses who would later star in Cheers
  • Options
    This film featured a motorhome as a form of transportation
  • Options
    chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Stripes?
  • Options
    chrislolds:
    rsherman24:
    Stripes?

Nope
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    The Incredibles...never mind, that came after Cheers
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    rsherman24:

Please disregard the first clue about the Cheers actor. I had 2 movies in mind, and gave the wrong one first

1. This film featured a motorhome as a form of transportation
    2. The phrase "Oh, that's going to leave a mark" was coined in this film
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    rsherman24:

Please disregard the first clue about the Cheers actor. I had 2 movies in mind, and gave the wrong one first

1. This film featured a motorhome as a form of transportation
    2. The phrase "Oh, that's going to leave a mark" was coined in this film
    Easy..Tommyboy!
  • Options
    Nope. Before that
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spaceballs?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    Spaceballs?

Winner. I'll get your package out. You are up Doug
  • Options
    chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Spaceballs?

Gotta comb the dessert... haha love that movie...
  • Options
    rsherman24:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Spaceballs?

Dang! I thought for sure that was the wrong answer! Doh!

Crazy at work today... will try to get a new clue up tomorrow...
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Got my winnings from Firerob. That man treated me well for guessing Rudy!

Rudy Movie photo IMG_20140416_161740484_zpsr4vunlbg.jpg

I can't wait to try those Ezra Zion smokes. The Master Blends is an Oliva I have yet to try. I have one in the humi, so now I can smoke one and age one! TYVM, man!

And I've got some winnings ready to send out; I went to the PO to get some amall flat rates and they were out in the bin. I took one look at the line and realized it was April 15. I'll go get boxes tomorrow and mail stuff out. Sorry for the delay.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Was really hoping the MB3 would either be a new one for you or at least a Oliva that you like. When my B&M guy found out why I was buying the Ezra Zion’s he wants some feedback on what you think of them. So be sure to let me know. I guess they’re not selling well, and who could blame it. I am not a fan, even though I have only had the Tantrum, but for the price tag on those Ezra’s I’d rather have something else. Thanks for guessing Rudy and hope you enjoy those!

PO is no Joke!!! I went on the 14th, day before tax day to a different than usual PO to pick up a bunch of flat rate supply’s for 10 boxes and it was a complete night mare!!!! Long story, I stood in line for an hour and after talking to the lady at the counter who had no clue how much it even cost to send a small flat rate and argued with me about me only needing $5.60 stamps and that they don’t even carry $5.80 stamps and refused to give me the two $.10 stamps I needed to make it $5.80 postage and also refusing to give me tracking labels unless I told her what zip code they were going to, so I walked out with nothing I went in for.
  • Options
    OK... here we go...

Clue #1 - First starring dramatic role for an actor best known for comedy films.
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Going Overboard?
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    OK... here we go...

Clue #1 - First starring dramatic role for an actor best known for comedy films.
    The Truman Show (Jim Carrey)
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch Adams?
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    TwoThingismTwoThingism Posts: 121
    Death to Smoochy?
  • Options
    Great guesses, but nope.

Clue #2. - The hero of this story is an inanimate object.
  • Options
    Patrickbrick and Rsherman, I sent both of your winnings out today.

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Okay, Puff. No one else is guessing, so maybe you're talking about Castaway?

Wilsonnnnnnnn!

• Options
    Martel:

Wilsonnnnnnnn!
    Close, but no cigars!

Clue #3 - The soundtrack features a song by a One Hit Wonder that was later covered by The Monkees.
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    Martel:

Wilsonnnnnnnn!
    Close, but no cigars!

Clue #3 - The soundtrack features a song by a One Hit Wonder that was later covered by The Monkees.
    If the inanimate hero of the story is what's represented by the inanimate object rather than the object itself, I should have considered something else. I knew the timing of "first serious role" cast out castaway.

• Options
    Clue #4 - The father of the lead actor in this film was a musician with the Righteous Brothers.
  • Options
    Had to use Google but I figured out the actor. As any cubs fan would, I love his Harry Caray impersonation
  • Options
    FireRob:
    Had to use Google but I figured out the actor. As any cubs fan would, I love his Harry Caray impersonation
    Clue #5 - The lead actor does a mean Harry Caray impersonation. :^)
  • Options
    Ha ha ha and oops. Sorry Doug. Just trying to help speed it along a little and I couldn't resist.
  • Options
    FireRob:
    Was really hoping the MB3 would either be a new one for you or at least a Oliva that you like. When my B&M guy found out why I was buying the Ezra Zion’s he wants some feedback on what you think of them. So be sure to let me know. I guess they’re not selling well, and who could blame it. I am not a fan, even though I have only had the Tantrum, but for the price tag on those Ezra’s I’d rather have something else. Thanks for guessing Rudy and hope you enjoy those!

PO is no Joke!!! I went on the 14th, day before tax day to a different than usual PO to pick up a bunch of flat rate supply’s for 10 boxes and it was a complete night mare!!!! Long story, I stood in line for an hour and after talking to the lady at the counter who had no clue how much it even cost to send a small flat rate and argued with me about me only needing $5.60 stamps and that they don’t even carry $5.80 stamps and refused to give me the two $.10 stamps I needed to make it $5.80 postage and also refusing to give me tracking labels unless I told her what zip code they were going to, so I walked out with nothing I went in for.
    PM to you.

• Options
    Winnings from Martel arrived today. Straight off the wish list for some of these. Thank you very much