Home Non Cigar Related

Beer

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Just now picked these up.
    photo 00F16D6A-orig.jpg

Really good but I find Founders Backwoods to be more to my liking. Ive had it Tap and bottle and the bottle is much better. I found that after cracking the cap let it breath for 5 minutes. Less head (not much anyhow) with a nice cocoa aroma.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Picked up a six of Elysian's Split Shot stout. FINALLY a local brewery putting out something other than an other @#$%$@%#@$ IPA.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Had some crazy beers with a few buddies last night. Horal - Oude Geuze Megablend, Blue Lobster and Prairie Artisan Ales - Little Lobster on the Prairie, Hill Farmstead - Birth of Tragedy, Three Floyds - Dark Lord, Rogue - Voodoo Doughnut (maple bacon - paired with a bacon explosion) and a few home brews that my buddy did: A Bourbon Barrel Aged Russian Imperial Stout, A taste of an Old Ale that's now resting in that barrel that just held the stout, a Roasted Oatmeal Stout, Pale and an absolutely brilliant Acorn Squash Saison.
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Jeebus Rob sounds like a great night lol. Had some 3F Permanent Funeral and Hopslam.........lovin it.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Widmer Brothers Hefe. I really like a good hefe. Light and refreshing. But there's a lot that don't cut it for me. I pretty much use Hoeegaarden as my jumping off point. Widmer's surpasses that by a bit.

Was really excited to find the beer aisle at a local grocery not too far. Make your own 6-pack style had a good selection. Lots of Schlafly and some Southern brewers I'd never heard about, so I can grab a couple coffee stouts and something new to try too.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Not bad, but nothing special but at 4 bucks for a 22 it's what I wanted.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Widmer Brothers Hefe. I really like a good hefe. Light and refreshing. But there's a lot that don't cut it for me. I pretty much use Hoeegaarden as my jumping off point. Widmer's surpasses that by a bit.

Was really excited to find the beer aisle at a local grocery not too far. Make your own 6-pack style had a good selection. Lots of Schlafly and some Southern brewers I'd never heard about, so I can grab a couple coffee stouts and something new to try too.
    If you like Hoeegaarden/a good hefe - give Bell's Winter White Ale a try if you can find it...
    http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/287/8682/
    10x better than Hoeegaarden IMO.

And if you want a good, true hefeweizen, you gotta try Weihenstephaner - it's from the world's oldest brewery - it's worth trying just for that fact IMO.
    I really enjoyed it.
    http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/252/731/

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

"Narragansett Brewing Co. working on Del's Shandy"
    Click HERE for article
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY FRICKIN' MONEY!!!!!!

• SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    I'm not a Sam Adams fan boy, normally stick to the porters & stouts, but my son brought over a 6pack of the new blend "Cold Snap." I'll give them credit. It is a tasty little beer and worth trying.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:

Eric, if you like the Widmer Herf and looking for a something refreshing try pouring about 4 ounces (never really measured myself) of orange juice and then add a bottle of Widmer herf.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked up a case of Stone IPA.

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Click HERE for article

Looks delicious!
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Went to a buddy's house last night for a few beers. Brought over a Bourbon County Coffee (2013), Fantome Extra Sour (2012), a few Homebrew Pumpkin Saisons from a buddy of ours and a Bourbon County Barleywine but ended up leaving that one with him because we ran out of steam. Extra Sour was pretty outstanding and BC Coffee was just over the top. Definitely my favorite year for BC Coffee so far.
    JSaint:
    jgibv:
    Click HERE for article

Looks delicious!
    Definitely --- I love me some Del's frozen lemonade....sooooo freakin' good. Get it everytime we're out east.

Love other summer shandys too (Leinenkugel's a fav)....but man, this should be a treat....

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Last bottle :(Untitled Still delicious though!!!!
    last bottle?! booooo. I still have one bottle left (the one you gave me). suckaaaaaa. jk.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    last bottle?! booooo. I still have one bottle left (the one you gave me). suckaaaaaa. jk.
    I'll trade you a padron for it.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:

A padron huh? Some assembly required? :)
    Jetmech_63:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:

no! ok yes. NOa
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Jetmech_63:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:

no! ok yes. NOa
    Stop taunting me with that which I can no longer have.....until next month :)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    Jetmech_63:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:

no! ok yes. NOa
    I too have 1 left. I'm saving it for last episode of The Amazing Race.
    danielzreyes:
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    Jetmech_63:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:

no! ok yes. NOa
    I too have 1 left. I'm saving it for last episode of The Amazing Race.
    i'm drinking mine this weekend! yummm. Michigan is known for beer, tony, and roman.
    I couldn't wait. It's too good. Too good.
    photo 1993E2A3-orig.jpg
    danielzreyes:
    I couldn't wait. It's too good. Too good.
    photo 1993E2A3-orig.jpg
    Nice. I'll try to swing a case of it again this year. I got lucky last year and it came out during my spring break. Made it easy to be at the store when the truck pulled up. If so, you know you guys are on the list!
    Untitled
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    photo CB61C6C5-F092-4015-A1A3-3D7CB560236C.png
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    That just made me rage a bit inside Vinny.
    Since I was packing for my Vegas trip I decided to take a picture of what is mostly my bottom shelf of my beer fridge. Now 8 of those bottles will be gone as they are on their way to Vegas to be consumed.

Sorry for the Jiunn like picture....................When I took it I may or may not have already consumed a few.

Untitled
    bandyt09:
    Since I was packing for my Vegas trip I decided to take a picture of what is mostly my bottom shelf of my beer fridge. Now 8 of those bottles will be gone as they are on their way to Vegas to be consumed.

Sorry for the Jiunn like picture....................When I took it I may or may not have already consumed a few.

Untitled
    Dang. All that for Vegas? ??
    jliu:
    bandyt09:

Untitled
    The last time I went to Vegas, they had beer. What's wrong with you?
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    bandyt09:

Untitled
    The last time I went to Vegas, they had beer. What's wrong with you?
    Yeah, but not good beer.................................Well except, from what I hear, at the Frickin' Frog. However, I will verify that in the next week.