Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

NEWBIE TRADING THREAD

Comments

• Thanks fellas I really appreciate the warm welcome.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    JMartinez10:
    Thanks fellas I really appreciate the warm welcome.

Always a pleasure to have new members come on board, brother!
    Now, about that address...
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has he (Coach JMartinez) actually asked for a newbie trading sponsor yet? I didn't read where he actually asked for or claimed a sponsor. All I read was a question asking how it works.

Coach, Here's how it works. (Welcome to the forum.) You send/trade 5 cigars with a member and he in return will send you 5 cigars. That establishes you as a "good trader" and serves as an initiation to the forum.

You either ask for a sponsor or pick a sponsor from the hadfull of guys here who are already excitedly peeing themselves over the prospect of facilitating your first trade.

So Coach, I'll be available as a sponsor too. All you gotta do now is confirm somebody as your choice of sponsor. But if you've already sent your address to any of these other guys,..............well, it's already on. LOL
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'll PM it to you guys.Bob, you can be his sponsor....I just want to bomb.
    Also Steve (honorknight7) Welcome to the forum. If you're ready to start trading, I'll sponsor your first trade if you haven't got a sponsor yet.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Has he (Coach JMartinez) actually asked for a newbie trading sponsor yet? I didn't read where he actually asked for or claimed a sponsor. All I read was a question asking how it works.

Coach, Here's how it works. (Welcome to the forum.) You send/trade 5 cigars with a member and he in return will send you 5 cigars. That establishes you as a "good trader" and seves as an initiation to the forum.

You either ask for a sponsor or pick a sponsor from the hadfull of guys here who are already excitedly peeing themselves over the prospect of facilitating your first trade.

So Coach, I'll be available as a sponsor too. All you gotta do now is confirm somebody as your choice of sponsor. But if you've already sent your address to any of these other guys,..............well, it's already on. LOL
    To expand on this a little more, you don't have to do a 5 for 5 trade. You can determine the parameters with the person you are trading with. You can also do a blind trade (neither of you know what the other is sending) or you can stipulate what you want to trade or receive.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    JMartinez10:
    Thanks fellas I really appreciate the warm welcome.
  • BlueDudeBlueDude Posts: 7
    Hey

Newb to Cigars.com
    How do I get started with trading?
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Generally you need an OG to sponsor you. You send them smokes first and they respond once received. If you read the first post in this thread it should explain it in detail. I haven't got my stripes yet, but I'm sure there is folks out there willing to do it. If you go over to the welcome newbs thread you should introduce yourself as well.
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Bob Luken:
    Also Steve (honorknight7) Welcome to the forum. If you're ready to start trading, I'll sponsor your first trade if you haven't got a sponsor yet.

Hey Bob, I am doing three trades, one with reggie713, and one with twistedstem, will be shipping them off tomorrow (Tuesday 1-7-2014)

(also one with thedjfish@comcast.net ----- but he hasn't given up his addy yet, so.......)

I'm only starting with 3 each as I am just getting into "inventorying" sticks and 70% of the just under 80 count I have on hand are flavored ones I ordered for my wife
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    So in other words he's low on sticks, good think a package was mailed today lmao
    OK Steve. Sounds like you're off to a great start and already in good hands. But If you need anything let me know.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    OK Steve. Sounds like you're off to a great start and already in good hands. But If you need anything let me know.
    Looks like he might need the bomb squad and a bunker pretty soon.
    BlueDude:
    Hey

Newb to Cigars.com
    How do I get started with trading?
    Hey BlueDude. Welcome. You want to trade? Read the first post in this thread and it will explain how it works. And you really need to introduce yourself to the gang over on the Newbie Welcoming Thread. I'll be glad to sponsor you. Basically you send me a few cigars first and then I send you a few and this serves as an initiation and gets you established.
  • Special thanks to my first BOMB from Randy. Got them today just now being that I was out with wife. Pretty sneaky I have to say for not having your address on there. So to all BOTL please PM Rain's addy. Thanks. And Randy I really appreciate your warm welcome and being the first to Bomb me. Thanks brother. Pics to post in a bit. Still figuring out how to do it.

• ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    JMartinez10:
    Special thanks to my first BOMB from Randy. Got them today just now being that I was out with wife. Pretty sneaky I have to say for not having your address on there. So to all BOTL please PM Rain's addy. Thanks. And Randy I really appreciate your warm welcome and being the first to Bomb me. Thanks brother. Pics to post in a bit. Still figuring out how to do it.
    Define "a bit"
  • LOL, I guess "a bit" is stretching out a little longer. Should be up today. Not sure when as I got to finish up some calls for work but will be working on it.
  • Got the PhotoBucket and now getting the hang of posting pics.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    ttt
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    JMartinez10:
    Got the PhotoBucket and now getting the hang of posting pics.
    Lookin good!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    honorknight7:
    Bump

Hey guys, as a newb here that started out all wrong (didn't look down far enough to see this when i started)

is there a way to make this a "sticky" someplace at the top of the forum threads ?
    ok got my box from honorknight his part of our 3 for 3ish(hahaha)trade.all sticks i have not tried!!!! trader photo IMG_20140110_16114_edit_1389388330133_zpsqmenq4eu.jpg
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New guy here looking for a sponsor
    bert873:
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Rain:
    bert873:
    I'm your Huckleberry
    PM sent
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bert873:
    Rain:
    bert873:
    I'm your Huckleberry
    PM sent
    Way to jump in the deep end right off the bat.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    bert873:
    Rain:
    bert873:
    I'm your Huckleberry
    PM sent
    Awww snap, Missouri better take cover.
    Rain:
    bert873:
    I'm your Huckleberry
    On it's way USPS # 9114901159815588533297
    Awesome, thanks.
  • dandin1dandin1 Posts: 175
    New guy in need of a sponsor. I think that is my next step here anyway... haha
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    dandin1:
    New guy in need of a sponsor. I think that is my next step here anyway... haha
    I'll sponsor you if you would like