Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

"I Served" OR "Thanks for Serving" Pass/Bomb

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
I'm in a special mood right now, despite not having used drugs.My unit right now is in Afghanistan. I unfortunately could not make my third deployment with them due to being in medic school.I'd like to get a group of former/current service members together in order to arrange a little pick-me-up for them. I'm going to send out a box with some kind of flag/guidon in it. When the box gets to you, donate a few smokes and sign the flag with your name, job, branch and years served. As an example, mine would beSPC Randy EwingMedic (68W)Army07-14I'll make sure they send us some pictures back. Any interest in this?PS - If you have not served, you can just write a note on the flag/guidon. WaltBasil onestrangeone JMartinez10 dr_frankenstein56 honorknight7 Vinny james40 Echambers Bigshizza greg2648 brianetz1 mmccartneydc Bob Luken Lee.mcglynn rsherman24 Glock1975 New Boots

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to add to this. If you have not served, you can just write a note on the flag/guidon.No reason to make it so exclusive...not the intent I have here :)
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I'm down.

AT2 AW Aj Soliz
    USN VP-1 02'-06'

is there any specifics we would need to pack? Likes dislikes etc?

Aj
    Nope. I guarantee they'll like whatever the eff they get.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Im in!
    ADCS Vinny Pfleger USN 1997-present
  • I'm in brother. Great idea. And yes they would like all they get.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, this is such a kick-butt idea! I've never served, but am incredibly thankful to all those who have. Please count me in!

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Sign me up Doc. Love the idea.
    "Doc" is too high of praise coming from a Vet.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    I'm in Randy, looking forward to helping out.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    In if you'll have me
    Money can't buy taste
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know I'm in.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
    BONECRUSHER in the house!
    Lee.mcglynn:
    In if you'll have me
    Duh!
    Echambers:
    You know I'm in.
    I expected it!
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have never had the privilege of serving myself, but would be honored to be a part of this. Would love to be involved.
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    I've never served, but would love to send a "Thank You" on this, PM me an idea of brands and I'll go pick up a few sticks from the B&M here next week and get em over to ya rain
    rsherman24:
    Have never had the privilege of serving myself, but would be honored to be a part of this. Would love to be involved.
    Awesome, thanks!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in of course!
    honorknight7:
    I've never served, but would love to send a "Thank You" on this, PM me an idea of brands and I'll go pick up a few sticks from the B&M here next week and get em over to ya rain
    Brands? Send anything you got bro!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Randy, I don't do passes but I have some stuff I would like to donate. Don't know how many cigars I can throw in as I sent my last batch to TexVet, about 50 or so, for all the work he does with the Vets. Can you please PM you addy to me so I can get it boxed up and sent to you.
    bandyt09:
    Randy, I don't do passes but I have some stuff I would like to donate. Don't know how many cigars I can throw in as I sent my last batch to TexVet, about 50 or so, for all the work he does with the Vets. Can you please PM you addy to me so I can get it boxed up and sent to you.
    OH SNAP, TODD?I don't think we've ever spoken, but I respect you as an "OG of CCom". Sure I can't get you in just this one pass???I'll PM you my addy regardless, and thanks!
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Count me in, Randy!
    Toombes:
    Count me in, Randy!
    Awesome...thanks!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    bandyt09:
    OH SNAP, TODD?I don't think we've ever spoken, but I respect you as an "OG of CCom". Sure I can't get you in just this one pass???I'll PM you my addy regardless, and thanks!
    PM replied to.
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    In.....

USAF 1986
    Ssgt
    FAC/ETAC
    greg2648:
    In.....

USAF 1986
    Ssgt
    FAC/ETAC
    Ohhhhh snap...The Bear is Awake...I say again, The Bear is Awake!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in. Is there anything else they need besides cigars? Lightweight items that wouldn't add too much weight to the pass?
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Randy any chance I can get in on this?

Tsgt LGTM USAF
    1975 to 1994 Retired
    Bigshizza:
    I'm in of course!
    Mhmm!
    Bob Luken:
    I'm in. Is there anything else they need besides cigars? Lightweight items that wouldn't add too much weight to the pass?
    Nope, this pass is for SEAGARS!!!!!