Home General Discussion

Calling all box virgins!

New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
Any other box virgins out there? I REALLY need to get that 300ct Humi I'm looking at...I kinda want to pop my cherry!

Comments

• In the same boat brother.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Any other box virgins out there? I REALLY need to get that 300ct Humi I'm looking at...I kinda want to pop my cherry!
    There are so many directions this thread can go and every thought I have on this will get me in trouble.

Ok, restraint.

Now then [snicker], what was it you want to really ask?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    0patience:
    New Boots:
    There are so many directions this thread can go and every thought I have on this will get me in trouble.

Ok, restraint.

Now then [snicker], what was it you want to really ask?
    I knew it would come to this! I'll PC it for you

I have as of yet to purchase a box of sticks...seeing as I don't have the storage space for them. I am looking at a 300ct humi to rectify this.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    hmmm… I'm mostly a box kinda guy. If I find something I like I'm all boxed up in a flash.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I have not ever bought a box myself.
    One God, One Truth
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    im a box virgin!!!!! i cant stand having empty space in my humi . so i fill it with what i can get my hands on .
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    Me neither.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Still trying to find a cigar I like enough to spend that much.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    COOLER!!! Best decision ever. See a box on clearance? grab it, no worries
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Ok, all seriousness aside.
    Oh wait, so if I'm serious is that seriousness aside or not aside?
    Nevermind.

Anyways, you are wanting to make a box purchase, but afraid you won't have the room in your humi for all of them and you want to buy a 300 ct humi, but not sure which one to buy?

Buy the box, get a tupperdor or coolador and worry about it when you get the box(es).

Or don't buy the box, buy a 300 ct humi, like Evanston Diablo Humidor or one of those and wait to buy the box, cause you won't have any cash after the humi purchase. : )

And check your PM.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    man... i usually buy by the box ONLY now.
    Gray4lines:
    I can't bring myself to do the cooler thing. I like the "display" factor of the humis.
    That's why you get a 150 or 300 ct.... AND a cooler! :) I have both. Definitely love having a humi. But all the overflow, boxes and bundles hit the cooler.
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Gray4lines:
    I can't bring myself to do the cooler thing. I like the "display" factor of the humis.
    Cooler for storage, Humi with a glass case for looking pretty. Seems to me like you need both!
    blutattoo:
    New Boots:
    Gray4lines:
    Cooler for storage, Humi with a glass case for looking pretty. Seems to me like you need both!
    Every man deserves to have both... If I could, I'd have a 7ft cabinet that holds thousands. But for now, a cooler and humi do the job
    New Boots:
    Gray4lines:
    Don't feel bad. I couldn't ever bring myself to do the cooler thing either.
    But it's also why I ended up with 15 humis until I got my tower.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    get the box and get a cooler that you put in the closet so you can keep your box in there but take a few out to put in your smoking humidor. I haven't gotten to that point yet, but that is my next step.

I am a box purchase virgin.....shizza gave took my virginity nice and easy around christmas.
    blutattoo:
    New Boots:
    Gray4lines:
    I have my 150ct (really holds 100) RP humi, buts it's all wood, not glass. I have a small 50ct, that when I get it re-seasoned will hold all my "pretty" sticks. I know I'm going to need more space though
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I have been thinking about a coolidor, but, like you I like the idea of a humidor made out of wood. So, I dropped the coolidor and I am going to convert an bedside end table/desk to a humidor. Probably take me forever, but that is what I am going to do.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    I purchased my first right after Thanksgiving. Oliva V Melanios. Kicky little bundles of joy for me.

I let my tiny little humi dry out; I should season it again because I've finally arranged the office with a place for it. But it's almost not worth it the thing is so small. I have a small bookcase/cabinet where I tuck away my collection of tupperware and ziploc bags behind a door. It works well for me, but I would like the nice display piece. Love my humi, but it needs to be about 20x bigger (15 count).
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Only box I ever bought I traded all out here... lmao was that box of Jason's. But I agree on the cooler... 300 count humi will probably be bombed to death shortly this year. Save the cash and wait for a tower!

Aj
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    roland_7707:
    Me neither.
    That's cause you generally don't like anything....lol
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Rain:
    roland_7707:
    Me neither.
    That's cause you generally don't like anything....lol
    Me or Rain?
    One God, One Truth
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You Coolidorphobes make me laugh. "I want a pretty humi." "I like real wood." PFFFTT!!!!!!

This IS pretty!
    Bob Luken:
    You Coolidorphobes make me laugh. "I wan't a pretty humi." "I like real wood." PFFFTT!!!!!!

This IS pretty!
    What is "wan't"? Don't be a Humihater!
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    I'm a proponent now of a coolidor for storage and a small 50ct with glass for my oohs and ahhs. I have my good singles in the humi and one of a few different 5 packs such that the other 4 are stored and the ones just add to the aesthetics lol
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    You Coolidorphobes make me laugh. "I wan't a pretty humi." "I like real wood." PFFFTT!!!!!!

This IS pretty!
    What is "wan't"? Don't be a Humihater!
    Oh, so you're a perfact speller?

And who said I'm a humi hater? I'm bi.
    Oh, my bad! I think I'm bi too. Whoa...As for wan't...I was just trolling!
    Rain:
    Oh, my bad! I think I'm bi too. Whoa...As for wan't...I was just trolling!
    Troll on brother. I was just playing along.

I use spell check unless I forget but I've got some wayward apostrophes in my head for some reason. <-----(Yep, I had to spell check ALL that.)