Home Non Cigar Related

I need to go outside more often...

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
...the ground and trees are covered with ice. And it is supposed to go on all day.This was supposed to happen last night.
Aand we moved the dog houses closer to the house and stuffed them with hay. The dogs that live under my desk have not gone out but once and that was a quicky.
I know that folks out there are getting a h*ll of a lot of snow, I like snow, but ice is another story.

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice is BAD. Coats the trees. Trees fall down on power lines. I'd much rather get snow. We've been lucky down here just south of you JD. No real icing here yet.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice downed several trees in the area and now power has been out for hours. Thank god for gas heat and stove
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Ice is BAD. Coats the trees. Trees fall down on power lines. I'd much rather get snow. We've been lucky down here just south of you JD. No real icing here yet.

One thing I miss is snow.

It is pretty...
    Echambers:
    Ice downed several trees in the area and now power has been out for hours. Thank god for gas heat and stove

Our HVAC does not work so someone donated a gas heater, guess if we loose power we will all camp out in one room with the dogs and a fondue cooker. That should be interesting....
  • jd50ae:
    Echambers:

Our HVAC does not work so someone donated a gas heater, guess if we loose power we will all camp out in one room with the dogs and a fondue cooker. That should be interesting....

Molly will look after you, lol.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    We lost power for a couple of hours yesterday; I assume it was either ice on the lines or a car slipped on ice and hit a pole. Odd thing was, it had only just started to freeze when it happened. Our power company sends texts for power outages. This happened about 1 PM. They said we should be back on by 4. Then they sent an update saying it would be 10 PM. Then power was restored at 3 PM. The house was still fairly warm at that point, but I was looking at cooking dinner over the gas grill outside. For us, the ice could have been much worse. Seems to have warmed more than expected today.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday was a busy day for me. It snowed quite a bit and cars were all over the side of the road.
    One plow truck got hit from the side. The pickup that hit it didn't fair too well.
    50,000 lb plow truck versus 5,000 lb pickup. Pickup loses.
    So I spent a good part of the day putting the plow truck back together to get it back on the road.
    Today, got called out this morning, so it may be a busy weekend for me.
    Temps aren't supposed to get any better thru the weekend, so ice is probably going to be a problem all weekend here.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Don't envy ya, what is it with our fellow Oregonians and not being able to drive in snow?? I always laugh at the jackasses that try and pass the plows.
    We had another ice storm during the night. My wife got up to let the dogs out, I wish I had seen it. Anyway, we had 4 inside dogs and the 3 on the porch, and they all hit the top step at the same time. All of them tumbled and they ended up in one big furry ball at the bottom of the stairs. Of course it was just as funny she said, to watch them try to get back up. We covered the stairs with straw and they all made it back up. Where is my shovel.......