Home General Discussion

Cameroon suggestions

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
I'm planning in treating myself to a box of cigars for Christmas. I love Cameroons but haven't tried too many. Suggestions as to a good Cameroon?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I've had the Cohiba Red Dots and the nub Cameroons. A couple others but I can't remember which ones. Lol I've been way lax on my cigar journal lately.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't smoke a ton myself but some of the classics that are always awesome are Carlos Tora
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    The regular Fuente line. Or you could step up to the Hemingway or Don Carlos line. There are others too. If you really want to splurge you can look for a God Of Fire Carlito box. Then there is the Ashton Heritage. Those I haven't had.

Other options are: Cohiba Red Dot
    Cigar.com Cameroon
    Cohiba Edicion Diamante
    Cusano 59 Rare Cameroon
    Graycliff 30 Year Vintage
    Rocky Patel Vintage ’03 Cameroon
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any LFD Cameroon, La Aurora Cameroon Lancero, and I agree with the Hemingway line as well
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    La Aurora Cameroon Lancero and Fuente Don Carlos are my favorites.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Great suggestions from above posters. For a cheap cameroon, I'd say La Perla Habana Morado. Another few that I didn't see mentioned are CAO Cx2 and Oliva serie G.
  • Rocky Patel Vintage Cameroon.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To echo what's been said, Oliva G, and Hemingway Hemingway Hemingway, love those.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I'm not a huge cameroon guy by any means, yet this is probably one of my favorite cigars: CAO l'Anniversarie Cameroon. Fantastic, fantastic cigar IMO.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    All this talk about Hemingway, I'm going out to burn a Short Story.. I should be back soon.
    Stupid question time. I'm trying to track down these Hemingway sticks everyone is talking bout. I don't see them... Help?
    LiquidChaos66:
    Stupid question time. I'm trying to track down these Hemingway sticks everyone is talking bout. I don't see them... Help?
    They're from Fuente, it's a series, Short Story, Signature, Masterpiece, and Work of Art. Go to the cigars, Arturo Fuente Hemingway
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Amos Umwhat:
    LiquidChaos66:
    They're from Fuente, it's a series, Short Story, Signature, Masterpiece, and Work of Art. Go to the cigars, Arturo Fuente Hemingway
    ... And they are Great. Short Story...was just a little too short, move up to a larger size, as the S.S. will leave you wanting a longer experience. I just didn't want to be in the cold that long. A fantastic Cameroon cigar you are sure to enjoy.
    Aaaaaah ok. I found them. :) I'll look over all the options and maybe put a sampler together for myself before buying a box. :)
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Amos Umwhat:
    LiquidChaos66:
    ... And they are Great. Short Story...was just a little too short, move up to a larger size, as the S.S. will leave you wanting a longer experience. I just didn't want to be in the cold that long. A fantastic Cameroon cigar you are sure to enjoy.
    Love the short story. And lots of my friends seem to as well. Is one of sticks I am always restocking in my humi.
    Damm it, all this talk about the Short Story and now the stick is on Back order. Hope they come back in soon !
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Amos Umwhat:
    LiquidChaos66:
    There are a few more in the line as we'll if you are lucky enough to find them... The Untold Story and Between The Lines are two more that come to mind
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    The Fuentes are probably the best at blending Cameroon. I also like what Benji Menendez (Partagas) does with it. Lastly, I obviously love all things LFD and like their Cameroons very much.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    LFD, Fuente Don Carlos Lancero, Partagas 150 (good luck on finding a box) God of Fire Carlito is a Cammy wrapper as well
    Really flying my noob colors today. What is LFD? La Flora Dominicana?
    LiquidChaos66:
    Really flying my noob colors today. What is LFD? La Flora Dominicana?
    yep, good smokes, too.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the cameroons are good.
    Torano 1916, Fuente Hemingway (Short story, Best Seller, Signature, Classic and Don Carlos),
    Rocky Patel Vintage Cameroon (If you can find the RP '08 or '09 Summer Collection cameroon, very good cigar),
    Upmman Vintage Cameroon, Partagas, LFD Cabinet Cameroon, CAO L'Annversaire Cameroon, Oliva Serie G and the list goes on and on.

In my opinion, I like the Torano 1916 the best as an everyday cameroon.
    Fuente, LFD Cabinet Cameroon and the Partagas Benjii Master, 150 & 160 would be on the higher end of my favorites.

There are a ton of budget cameroons like the RP Cameroon Especial, Indian Tabac Cameroon, La Perla Habana Cameroon, Don Tomas Cameroon Collection and the Ccom replica series of the short story (I haven't tried it yet, so can't say how it is).

While the Nub Cameroon is pretty good, I have a hard time getting past the mindset that it's half a cigar.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    I hear ya on the Nub. I really enioyed it but the idea of it being so short is kinda a game changer for me.
    How could I forget.. Rocky sometimes gets beat up around here, but I really like the Vintage 2003 Cameroon. Ten year old Cameroon is pretty special. Pretty delicious Coffee, Cedar, a little spicy, This is without a doubt, my favorite Patel cigar. And I have smoked nearly every one of them. And that's a lot. Oh, Except the Nording which is Pretty Damm tasty in my opinion too.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    My favorite Cameroons are the CAO CX2 (I think its exclusive to a different site now, though) and the AF Don Carlos.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I think Cameroons are becoming my favorite category. I love the Hemingway Short Story and Best Seller. I also like the La Aurora Preferido Cameroon. The wrapper isn't as 'sweet' as the Hemingway, but the overall flavor is quite fine. And I just love the torpedo-like shape. Pricey, though, unless you can score some at a good price on certain auction sites.
    If I didn't have to shell out a deductible and rental costs from my accident then I would be investing in a Hemingway fiver. They seem to be a big hit round here. :)
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    0patience:
    All the cameroons are good.
    Torano 1916, Fuente Hemingway (Short story, Best Seller, Signature, Classic and Don Carlos),
    Rocky Patel Vintage Cameroon (If you can find the RP '08 or '09 Summer Collection cameroon, very good cigar),
    Upmman Vintage Cameroon, Partagas, LFD Cabinet Cameroon, CAO L'Annversaire Cameroon, Oliva Serie G and the list goes on and on.

In my opinion, I like the Torano 1916 the best as an everyday cameroon.
    Fuente, LFD Cabinet Cameroon and the Partagas Benjii Master, 150 & 160 would be on the higher end of my favorites.

There are a ton of budget cameroons like the RP Cameroon Especial, Indian Tabac Cameroon, La Perla Habana Cameroon, Don Tomas Cameroon Collection and the Ccom replica series of the short story (I haven't tried it yet, so can't say how it is).

While the Nub Cameroon is pretty good, I have a hard time getting past the mindset that it's half a cigar.
    I am with you on the Torano 1916, it is a nice everyday smoke. If you can fined them H. Upmann original (not the ones made now) were once cameroon. They were very different than the original are now. Anyway, I was lucky enough to find a few a while back and they can still be found. Brought back good memories.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    If I didn't have to shell out a deductible and rental costs from my accident then I would be investing in a Hemingway fiver. They seem to be a big hit round here. :)
    pm liquid
    Replied... Lol