Home General Discussion
Options

Your must try cigars?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and pretty new to the cigar hobby, I need some recommendations on some good sticks that won't break the bank.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Drew Estate Blue Ribbons...Gurkha Prize Fighters...both around 3 bucks a stick. It's hard to find anything in the 4-5 dollar range. If you wanna go like 6-7...I would suggest Brickhouse/Brickhouse Maduro, El Baton for starters.
  • Options
    kingdavid5kingdavid5 Posts: 293
    If price isn't an issue My Father Le Bijou 1922 Torpedo Box Press with the orange foot band is on my top 5 list also I like most of the the Diesel lines by AJ those are pretty cheap
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    carolos torano are decent priced sticks, PDR, White label/red label tatuaje are well priced as well.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jasonc1982:
    It's hard to find anything in the 4-5 dollar range.

This comment is absolutely false. Check your inbox bro.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    one of my go to sticks is the sancho panza maduro.good smoke and pretty economical.also vegas 5 has a huge selection of sticks at all different prices and are all very good!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Vision:
    Jasonc1982:
    It's hard to find anything in the 4-5 dollar range.

This comment is absolutely false. Check your inbox bro.
    I mainly meant local cigar shops. Not stuff online. Though the Cusano M1's are priced around that and are pretty good. I checked my inbox and I don't see anything :P. Wait n/m you were probably talking to Shackers. I misread.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I picked up an El Centurion at a shop for about 7 bucks, which is a great stick; you can find Regius for 6-8 depending on the place.
  • Options
    kingdavid5kingdavid5 Posts: 293
    perkinke:
    I picked up an El Centurion at a shop for about 7 bucks, which is a great stick; you can find Regius for 6-8 depending on the place.
    Those centurions are pretty solid sticks!
  • Options
    kingdavid5:
    perkinke:
    Yep, I've gone through several and enjoyed every one of them. I am not very fond of the regular my father, but the Centurion I love.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    kingdavid5:
    perkinke:
    Yep, I've gone through several and enjoyed every one of them. I am not very fond of the regular my father, but the Centurion I love.
    mmmmm Regius....I just ordered 4 boxes lol.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    While the above mentioned are great cigars if you want something that won't break the bank I'd recommend the Fonseca Arana, the Gran Habano Vintage 2002, and the diesel. Its an inexpensive way to get smokes that are vastly different from one another so you can feel out what flavor profiles you like or dislike.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Cant go wrong with 5 Vegas, hard to find one over 8 bucks.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    perkinke:
    kingdavid5:
    perkinke:
    mmmmm Regius....I just ordered 4 boxes lol.
    Nice! I was looking at picking up a box, but then i got an email from my student loan processor telling me payments for undergrad loans start back up this month....doh. :)
  • Options
    SchackersSchackers Posts: 18
    I really am looking buy online. There is a awesome B&M by the house but as to be expected in Califoria, the cigars are about double the price compared to the net
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    While the above mentioned are great cigars if you want something that won't break the bank I'd recommend the Fonseca Arana, the Gran Habano Vintage 2002, and the diesel. Its an inexpensive way to get smokes that are vastly different from one another so you can feel out what flavor profiles you like or dislike.
    #1 especially the diesels. Also the 1844, Nica Libre, Cuba Libre the One are great. IMO
  • Options
    Try cigar.coms house blends. They are not bad and inexpensive. The best cigar I have had was one of the Padron Anniversary series.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Must try low cost cigars?!?! I can't think of many at all. Low cost good cigars I can think of a few...must try no matter the cost I can think of a lot
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    low cost must try? partagas shorts, rafael gonzales petite coronas, bolivar petite coronas, gurkha his majesty reserves
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    low cost must try? partagas shorts, rafael gonzales petite coronas, bolivar petite coronas, gurkha his majesty reserves
    ill take the super partagas
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jliu:
    Partyshorts are bomb diggity. I'm down to a handfull ...... sad face
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    danielzreyes:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jliu:
    never had one - cc?
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    OchoZacho:
    danielzreyes:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jliu:
    never had one - cc?
    yes sir. great winter smoke too
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 dollar stick, try the bueso, or the Art Deco Nestor Miranda. Also Obsidian is good in that price range
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:

I am also going the CC route. Heck... you can pick up Jose L. Piedra, Quintero Y Hermano.... even Fonseca can be had for under $4 if you buy by the box. You just need to know where to look.
  • Options
    KevinFittsKevinFitts Posts: 225
    danielzreyes:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jliu:
    X2. Party Shorts!!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    KevinFitts:
    danielzreyes:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jliu:
    X2. Party Shorts!!
    i have to agree with lee. the Super partagas is quite good.