Home Non Cigar Related

Sprint sale questions

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
How many of you have used it? Also is there a way you can see what the prior items sold for? i think i might get into the sprint sale game... looks like it could be fun.
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    been watching the sales and noticed on the last few that they start the sale well above the asking price if you were to buy it normally. Is this a regular tactic to make it look like more of a deal?

Does seem to drop well below the regular price pretty quickly sometimes though.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    I have used it from time to time. Some times they have something on that I like. They will start at or above the asking price. You should check what they go for here and anywhere else you buy from early on and go from there.

They do not post what previous items went for so you have to just look at what is going at the time, although the previous items often come up again so it helps you get the feel for what is running too.
    Skepticism is a B***H.... is there a catch? especially with free shipping! seems too good to be true sometimes! lol
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    LiquidChaos66:
    Skepticism is a B***H.... is there a catch? especially with free shipping! seems too good to be true sometimes! lol
    No catch, you just have to hit the "buy it now" button and confirm that yes you want it before anyone else does. The free shipping is a bonus for sure.

I wish that they could combine sales from it and a normal purchase on c.com if they are made the same day but they don't do that, or at least they have not done it yet.
    Dang.... Im kinda bummed i didnt look into the sprint sale option before i went to my B&M yesterday! lol no shipping costs their either but still lol
    been watching it for over a hour... its entertaining in an odd way. I keep shouting in my mind "SOMEONE BUY THAT ITS SUPER CHEAP ALREADY!" lol i could get into big trouble with those sprint sales....
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    been watching it for over a hour... its entertaining in an odd way. I keep shouting in my mind "SOMEONE BUY THAT ITS SUPER CHEAP ALREADY!" lol i could get into big trouble with those sprint sales....
    Really quick too! LOL! you can get some good deals as long as you pay attention, good luck
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely some awesome deals if you catch something you like on there. I have used it some but find it hard to sit through the crap I dont want! Lol!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • DCarp2005DCarp2005 Posts: 140
    I have used the sprint sale in the past and the best advice i could give you is to watch the sprint sale for a couple days and get a grip on where things normally sell. Most of the stuff goes for well below 25% sometimes even below 50% of retail. The down side to the sprint sale is that it can be very addicting and the next thing you know you need to purchase another humidor haha. Best of luck using sprint sale
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I've bought a couple things there--most notably, a 100 count humidor for $43 that normally goes for $100.

I don't personally believe that everything there sells. I think it just gets to a point where C.com is unwilling to let it go and it goes back into stock.

To be honest, I find very few things on there that I'm really interested. Most of it is the same old "catalogue-only" brands. If I'm really in the mood to chase deals I go to other not-to-be-mentioned-publicly-here auction sites, where I've gotten stuff I really like for way below the best prices the sites normally charge.
    Yeah I saw about 5 things I would have bought over the weekend. But my credit card just got paid off.... So I decided against buying. Lol
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Well, I was gonna warn you off but it appears it's too late!! LoL If you don't already have one, get yourself a big cooler and a second job...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Lmao! Yeah I don't want to get to the point of needing a second job for my cigars. Lol!
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Lmao! Yeah I don't want to get to the point of needing a second job for my cigars. Lol!
    Awe, it's not "that" bad!
  • Your best shot is to just study what is on the Sprint Sale and note what you want goes for. The price an item sells for on the Sprint Sale is usually about the same. Most of the stuff is re-runs and if you miss something it will usually be back.
  • The Sprint Sale CAN usually be beat. Contact Tim Blythe at Cigar.Com and he will hook you up with some fantastic deals, well below their catalogue prices.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used it a LOT. Too much really. I went nuts on it. I bought stuff by the ten packs, boxes too! I'm better now. But I've got it under control. That's what all addicts say, isn't it? I don't want you getting hooked too but, you really can get some great deals. You have to study what items are being offered and yes, they usually come around again and again for a while so you can get an idea of how low the price might go. For example if you KNOW that you like a certain cigar and they keep offering it at 3 bucks a stick while it would cost you 6 to 8 bucks a stick or more by the box, you'd be missing out if you did not to buy the ten packs at 3 bucks a stick. My trouble now is boredom. I get bored waiting for an item that I want to bid on to come up for sale that I go surf the forums or elsewhere and then I miss the chance to bid on what I was waiting for. If only they would sound a bell each time a new item comes up. Then I could take a quick look and if it's not for me I can go back to surfing.