Home General Discussion
Options

3 finger case - robusto size

AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
I am in the market and am curious if anyone has a favorite they would like to recommend. Thanks!
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I have one from JC Newman, it's a Churchill size I think. The bottom popped out once and they replaced it, but looking back I think I'd buy the Xikar as it looks a bit sturdier IMO.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    I have one from JC Newman, it's a Churchill size I think. The bottom popped out once and they replaced it, but looking back I think I'd buy the Xikar as it looks a bit sturdier IMO.
    I have a xikar case and really like it. Itll fit almost any cigar too. The ONLY problem I had with mine was a pretty strong "leather glove" smell from the leather or glue or something. Its worn off considerably, but at first you coulndt even smell the cedar lining. Id buy again though and recommend it.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a xikar travel humidor and several cases of various sizes. I only use the travel humidor. Its the one that looks lie a herf-a-dor
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    I have a xikar travel humidor and several cases of various sizes. I only use the travel humidor. Its the one that looks lie a herf-a-dor
    I usually take the 3-finger to work or just around in my coat pocket. I use the 5 or 10 herf-a-dors to go anywhere else, visit friends, on trips. Very useful. If you don't have a herf-a-dor (black plastic, locking lid case) I'd DEFINITELY pick one up. I love them. The 5 and 10 ct's can be found for great deals on sprint sale, and sometimes on the DD with a cigar sampler.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Herfador is to big to put in your pocket, that's why I like the three finger. I also have some of the single Tubes sold at stores and use tubo's often as well. The 3 finger is awesome if i know I will be smoking 1-2 cigars, and need another for a friend. The herfador is for serious herfing, truck humidor, buying sprees, traveling, and general madness. Been looking at the 30ct one for the pressure valve.
  • Options
    AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    Yea, I have a 15 count travel humi w/ pressure valve by armored humidors (made by pelican I think). So, I have that covered. I need something for short trips (Catfish's point) that fits in my pocket.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    They have those plastic cases that are somewhat airtight that telescope up to churchill size. Look for Le tube 3 on google and you'll see it.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    AVJim:
    I am in the market and am curious if anyone has a favorite they would like to recommend. Thanks!
    Xikar Envoy. Love it!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    kuzi16:
    I usually take the 3-finger to work or just around in my coat pocket. I use the 5 or 10 herf-a-dors to go anywhere else, visit friends, on trips. Very useful. If you don't have a herf-a-dor (black plastic, locking lid case) I'd DEFINITELY pick one up. I love them. The 5 and 10 ct's can be found for great deals on sprint sale, and sometimes on the DD with a cigar sampler.
    i agree. i have 3 of them. a 5 a 10 and a 15. i want a 40 but i cant really justify it
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Pm to you Jim
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I use a 3-finger Le Tube that Roylin sent in the Christmas exchange. It's telescopic so I can throw a Churchill in the mix but seems to be a bit long for robustos, IMO. Fortunately, the sticks fit pretty tightly so I don't worry about them sliding around.
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    I just recently was sent a 3 finger case...Robusto wood humidor case...this thing is so cool! The owner wants me to try his cigars..3 Robustos and put them into this wood humi...very cool! image
  • Options
    pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    I find you can't beat a PVC tube capped on the ends. make one for the size stogie you like. I ride motorcycles and they fit in my vest. watertight if it rains. holds in the moisture. keep a herf-a-dor in the saddle bags and refill the tube. also do a lot of off roading and it safequards my smoke for when the fat lady sings.
  • Options
    pilgrimtex:
    I find you can't beat a PVC tube capped on the ends. make one for the size stogie you like. I ride motorcycles and they fit in my vest. watertight if it rains. holds in the moisture. keep a her-a-dor in the saddle bags and refill the tube. also do a lot of off roading and it safequards my smoke for when the fat lady sings.
    Welcome to the forum!! There's a few riders here (I am not one though). That's a cool idea. Very utilitarian.