Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    A Buckeyes victory and a great smoke! 005 007
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I do sink itsa need rest. too much hay and grassiness. I thought it would be like the regular LATs but richer. I am wrong. Hopefully some rest will help.

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today ws a Padilla Miami that has been in my humidor since April 2010. I Don't know who I got it from but it came to me from someone here. What a fantastic cigar.. The flavor profile was a sort of bitter cocoa, mixed with woodyand leather, tones. It was so much better than I remember them being when I had a fresh one years ago. It aged very well.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    I do sink itsa need rest. too much hay and grassiness. I thought it would be like the regular LATs but richer. I am wrong. Hopefully some rest will help.

nice lighter......:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    jliu:

haha yes! I love this lighter man. it works incredibly well. I only use this thing now (and cedar spills). I still have the other two you gave me in its original sealed package. by the way this one is working, don't think i'll ever need to open those other ones. screw those "fancy" lighters. all aboot Ronson
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    jliu:

haha yes! I love this lighter man. it works incredibly well. I only use this thing now (and cedar spills). I still have the other two you gave me in its original sealed package. by the way this one is working, don't think i'll ever need to open those other ones. screw those "fancy" lighters. all aboot Ronson
    Just grabbed a few more to have around.....gets job done!:-) :-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Myself and the guys at the shop are starting a once a month happy hour cigar night. Tonight we had Davidoff Year of the Snake. It was fantastic to say the least... image
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Myself and the guys at the shop are starting a once a month happy hour cigar night. Tonight we had Davidoff Year of the Snake. It was fantastic to say the least... image
    What were you drinking?
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Y2P it's called a Moose Drool, brown ale, kid of like a micro brewed Newcastle
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Smoked a Casa Magna Oscuro last night, damn tasty stick.
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avo XO preludio. My first one in this size! Pretty good, even though a little too moist. image
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    It's been almost two weeks since I last had a chance to smoke. I'll get back into the swing of things with an Undercrown this evening.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    It's been almost two weeks since I last had a chance to smoke. I'll get back into the swing of things with an Undercrown this evening.
    Dido, just fired one up.
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    Martel:
    Dido, just fired one up.
    Lookin good.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cao mx2 from y2pascoe, i like these!
    Martel:
    ddubridge:
    Martel:
    Dido, just fired one up.
    Lookin good.
    Heard the sirens coming about a quarter of the way into it. Amazing how much smoke these things produce. I'm guessing youre going to review it. That will be a nice read with it so fresh in my mind.
    ddubridge:
    Martel:
    ddubridge:
    Martel:
    Dido, just fired one up.
    Lookin good.
    Heard the sirens coming about a quarter of the way into it. Amazing how much smoke these things produce. I'm guessing youre going to review it. That will be a nice read with it so fresh in my mind.

Probably not. I've reviewed it before and I think I've even updated it with some notes from a second go round. This one is to enjoy. I'm busy working on a project with the laptop out on my man-perch on the balcony. I'm so far behind on two projects already and was just given a third. Thankfully, I can do most of the work while I relax a little bit, too. None of the work is heinous, tedious, mind-numbing fluff. It's pretty engaging and I like doing it when I can set aside the time...but setting aside the dedicated time has been tough the last couple of weeks. That's partly why I picked this cigar. The clouds of smoke somehow aid the musings of my brain as I work on these things.

• musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    Enjoying my first CLE Corojo image
    Martel:
    ddubridge:
    Martel:
    ddubridge:
    Martel:
    Dido, just fired one up.
    Lookin good.

Probably not. I've reviewed it before and I think I've even updated it with some notes from a second go round. This one is to enjoy. I'm busy working on a project with the laptop out on my man-perch on the balcony. I'm so far behind on two projects already and was just given a third. Thankfully, I can do most of the work while I relax a little bit, too. None of the work is heinous, tedious, mind-numbing fluff. It's pretty engaging and I like doing it when I can set aside the time...but setting aside the dedicated time has been tough the last couple of weeks. That's partly why I picked this cigar. The clouds of smoke somehow aid the musings of my brain as I work on these things.
    Dont forget I'd still like to trade with you when you get caught back up. I'll have to review the UC review of yours.
    Yeah, I had about 30 seconds to think about sending that PM today. If it weren't for that one email I got this afternoon, we'd be on. I'll let you know, but I don't think I can afford Verlander at the price of his new contract.

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I haven't had a cigar in close to a year. Going through my stock to sell everything off and going to a B&M here to pick up some Boveda packs today sparked something in me, though. I also wanted to make sure all the sticks I'm sending off are, in fact, still in good shape. If this 4-year old Decade is any evidence, they are all doing just fine. Perfect draw, and man oh man, have I missed these flavors. Good times.
    back on track...My Father Corona

Martel, pm brother. This could go on for days.
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Tat cojonu 2003 with some good age on it tonight getting a bit peppery and meaty with some leather here almost at the beginning of the second third.
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    jliu:

Just grabbed a few more to have around.....gets job done!:-) :-) :-)
    good to know on the lat, as for those lighters, bought two and neither work....is there a trick to getting them to function?
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C-LOVE:
    Chris..you is the new LP pimpster...
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    I haven't had a cigar in close to a year. Going through my stock to sell everything off and going to a B&M here to pick up some Boveda packs today sparked something in me, though. I also wanted to make sure all the sticks I'm sending off are, in fact, still in good shape. If this 4-year old Decade is any evidence, they are all doing just fine. Perfect draw, and man oh man, have I missed these flavors. Good times.
    Don't stop now!! Just time to re-engage..it's nice having you back on!!