Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    I have catfish to thank for this bad boy, the EZ inception starts off with some cyanne and black pepper that was quite a contrast from what I got from the Reagan. It is starting to settle down after about 10 or so puffs and further flavors are allowed to surface like creamy leather and the retrohale is quite smooth but there is still a noticeable hot spicyness to it. image
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    ddubridge:
    wrapping up the night with a 5 Vegas AAA
    rinoceronte azul
    Yes sir. She's runnin' the heater. I was wondering if that was nation wide.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    This is a Regius, blind review, has to be Dominican...and it's fantastic!!!! image
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    5V AAA that just turned a year old. Yummm
    ROTT. Very Man O War corona right off the bat. I was worried it wouldnt taste different but it only got better from there. I do love this cigar, but I seem to be fighting to keep it going now. For some reason I have this trouble more with coronas.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    ROTT. Very Man O War corona right off the bat. I was worried it wouldnt taste different but it only got better from there. I do love this cigar, but I seem to be fighting to keep it going now. For some reason I have this trouble more with coronas.
    Drew great choice, I bought a box a year ago myself almost to the day and they are smoking superbly! As for the size issues and keeping them lit, two questions. 1) what is your rH set at and 2) what does the ember look like when you ash it meaning the cherry of the cigar?

To answer why I asked, to the first question... If you are 68% or higher try dryboxing the cigar for 45 min or an hour before lighting next time. The heavy ligero content of the tobacco especially with it being ROTT has significantly more oils and moisture in it which leads at times to them not wanting to smolder and burn quite as long as others, so getting them a touch dryer should solve that straight away. As for the second question... I know it probably sounded odd, but you might be smoking too fast or too slow which is very easy to do with smaller rg cigars. There is a very simple and fool proof way to tell if you are smoking at the right pace regardless of vitola of the cigar. When you ash it the cherry should ideally be perfectly flat. This does two things, one being that it burns all of the leaves at the identical pace providing you with the exact flavor that the blender intended when he made this cigar. And two, if the cherry is in a cone shape it shows that you are smoking too fast because the outlets leaves are burning faster than the inner leaves because the inner don't have enough time to cook down so to speak. The same is true in reverse if the cone is point inwards towards you... Smoking too slow because the core is having too much time to smolder and you aren't igniting the outer leaves quickly enough by letting it sit. You want the ash to fall straight and the cherry to be flat like a coin.

Hope this helps in some way, but if you have any more questions just hit me up bro.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Smoking an Oliva V No. 4 after work tonight, great cigar :)

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Berger & Argenti Mooch
  • jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    Had an EP Carillo that I ordered last week and I put it out about a quarter through. Very unenjoyable I must say. Hard drag, barely any smoke and was very plain. I have four more so ill give it another go in a few days.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    LFD Double Ligero Chiselito. Tried double punching this one, and it is pretty nice, even on the smaller size tip. It brings out a lot of the nut in the flavors. No picture...phone died. Will try to get one with the tablet, but it needs charged, too.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I smoked a GoF DC 2005 that I have had aging since 2007. Finished with a punch uppercut from the corm 7 months ago.
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    AJ Overrun listening to Pink Floyd and drinking a Guinness. The stick is nothing fancy but a great smoke for 1.25ea.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Thanks 0patience for the recommendation. This was really good even though it couldn't handle the temp/humidity change.

90+ Irishman:
    ddubridge:

Drew great choice, I bought a box a year ago myself almost to the day and they are smoking superbly! As for the size issues and keeping them lit, two questions. 1) what is your rH set at and 2) what does the ember look like when you ash it meaning the cherry of the cigar?

To answer why I asked, to the first question... If you are 68% or higher try dryboxing the cigar for 45 min or an hour before lighting next time. The heavy ligero content of the tobacco especially with it being ROTT has significantly more oils and moisture in it which leads at times to them not wanting to smolder and burn quite as long as others, so getting them a touch dryer should solve that straight away. As for the second question... I know it probably sounded odd, but you might be smoking too fast or too slow which is very easy to do with smaller rg cigars. There is a very simple and fool proof way to tell if you are smoking at the right pace regardless of vitola of the cigar. When you ash it the cherry should ideally be perfectly flat. This does two things, one being that it burns all of the leaves at the identical pace providing you with the exact flavor that the blender intended when he made this cigar. And two, if the cherry is in a cone shape it shows that you are smoking too fast because the outlets leaves are burning faster than the inner leaves because the inner don't have enough time to cook down so to speak. The same is true in reverse if the cone is point inwards towards you... Smoking too slow because the core is having too much time to smolder and you aren't igniting the outer leaves quickly enough by letting it sit. You want the ash to fall straight and the cherry to be flat like a coin.

Hope this helps in some way, but if you have any more questions just hit me up bro.
    Please PM me. My computer hates you for some reason and wont let me PM you. Just you.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    liga privada #9

• amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    ddubridge:
    90+ Irishman:
    ddubridge:

Please PM me. My computer hates you for some reason and wont let me PM you. Just you.
    PM to you bro
    With all this 60rg talk, I started the night smoking a MUWAT from Medic45.
    Was herfin with a couple guys showin off the stash...opened the Trinidad tubo I bought for SleevePlz upcoming tubos and coffins pass (is this still happening?) and found a light dusting of mold around the band. $hit! Brushed that off and I am smoking it now. :(
  • Dunn2Dunn2 Posts: 23
    Box press Santos Miami really good smoke one of my favorites image
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Tat

photo IMAG0309_zpsa61b3c7f.jpg
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Had a MoW Puro Authentico last night with a glass of Montepulciano D'Abruzzo. Pretty good combo.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Sure am glad I'm finding some time to relax with a good cigar. Enjoying a Nub Connecticut and a Blue Moon Belgian White. Another great combo. Life is good.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    opened the Trinidad tubo I bought for SleevePlz upcoming tubos and coffins pass (is this still happening?)
    Yes, it is! I've just been busy. I'll get it going soon though.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    diesel unholy cocktail

photo 98FB24C8-0927-4160-8C85-B779D064C7AB-1787-00000218F4675EEF_zps3325298d.jpg
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Enjoying a Padilla Habano with the awesome designed habano/maduro wrapper. So far so delicious!
    rocky patel the edge
    illinoisgolf99:
    Enjoying a Padilla Habano with the awesome designed habano/maduro wrapper. So far so delicious!
    you must mean the reserva?
    SleevePlz:
    ddubridge:
    opened the Trinidad tubo I bought for SleevePlz upcoming tubos and coffins pass (is this still happening?)
    Yes, it is! I've just been busy. I'll get it going soon though.
    No rush...back in the hunt for more tubos. Just wondered.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    jj20030:
    illinoisgolf99:
    you must mean the reserva?
    That's the one, very tasty smoke. Figurado vitola, opened up draw-wise after the first 1/2 inch or so.