Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance

Any of the car guys on the forums go to this show? I guess I probably should have asked before the show maybe we could have done a herf or something.

Comments

• Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    I've seen that event on Chasing Classic Cars with Wayne Carini. Looks like a cool event. Living in the Valley of the Sun I have been to Barrett Jackson Auction in Scottsdale many times and its a great place to fire one up and enjoy the day. Post some pics if you can
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Not a car guy...don't do shows...but I did interview for a job on Amelia Island and would visit there again in a heartbeat. Use the excuse of a car show and go.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I live close by but have never been.
  • Options
    insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    Haha it is a nice show indeed. He was at the show this year as well. I'll get some pics up later tonight. Lots of real GT40's there for the 50th anniversary.
    Poopy Jones:
    I've seen that event on Chasing Classic Cars with Wayne Carini. Looks like a cool event. Living in the Valley of the Sun I have been to Barrett Jackson Auction in Scottsdale many times and its a great place to fire one up and enjoy the day. Post some pics if you can
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    When you are up that way please patronize the nice little local B&M called Waterwheel Cigar. Great place and Conrad will take care of you. I had a nice time talking sticks with him and burning one with my oldest son.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Never heard of this. We go to Amelia all the time. Let me know next time this rolls around and I'll definitely be there.
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    When you are up that way please patronize the nice little local B&M called Waterwheel Cigar. Great place and Conrad will take care of you. I had a nice time talking sticks with him and burning one with my oldest son.
    Sadly I returned to frigid NE Ohio last Monday. There wasn't a whole lot of time for cigars on this trip.
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    Wow. Never heard of this. We go to Amelia all the time. Let me know next time this rolls around and I'll definitely be there.
    Not sure if we plan on going again next year or not yet. I'll post something up closer to the event next year if we decide to attend.
  • Options
    Here are some pictures from the event. Sadly I have to be kind of selective on the posting of pics as I have way to many to go through. imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the great pics!! Looks like a good time. Those blue/orange GT40 are just beautiful.
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    100% car guy here.

Great pics, thanks for posting.

• Options
    Poopy Jones:
    Thanks for the great pics!! Looks like a good time. Those blue/orange GT40 are just beautiful.
    The gulf cars are sexy! I took a ton of pics of the GT40's, but the gulf cars just screamed to be posted.