Home General Discussion
Options

The Bet

Comments

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I think my wife is worried now...she just made the "double or nothing" offer...if I can go the entire month of Feb (shortest month of the year) w/o a cigar, I can get a 2nd box...I'm dying to have a cigar...but it still cold as hell outside and my cigar room isn't built yet...so im leaning towards doing it...

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Best time of year for THE BET. Stay strong brother, TWO BOXES!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Your almost there Chris!!!!!!! Or did you go for the double or nuthin
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I would not go for the double or nothing thing.. Take the one box and start burning again.
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    If you are good to go for February, I'd negotiate for 3 boxes.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    gripnrip:
    If you are good to go for February, I'd negotiate for 3 boxes.

+1
    Go for three, you can do it! Snow, cold, ice, wind, uneven burn and relights with numb fingers. So cold it hurts to breathe and you can't even enjoy the smoke. Just keep repeating and you can do it.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Thanks guys! I have decided to go for double or nothing!!! I would have been harder decision if it weren't 30 degrees today ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    may the force be with you my friend
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Krieg:
    The Kid:
    Thanks guys! I have decided to go for double or nothing!!! I would have been harder decision if it weren't 30 degrees today ;)
    Proud of you for holding out... but I swear to god, if you buy ANOTHER box of RP, I'll kick you in the balls next time I see you. LMAO
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    I stopped cigars for several months do to health concerns. It's really wasn't difficult for me. Wish my wife would have made the same bet with me! It appears now that the health concerns had nothing to do with cigars. I'm guessing this is what your wife is all about. ?!?
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Make these months count...spend some time with your wife now so she'll let you out to smoke all those cigars you're gonna have at the end of two months!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    Krieg:
    The Kid:
    Proud of you for holding out... but I swear to god, if you buy ANOTHER box of RP, I'll kick you in the balls next time I see you. LMAO
    I spit coffee all over my iPad when I read this

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Roberto99:
    I stopped cigars for several months do to health concerns. It's really wasn't difficult for me. Wish my wife would have made the same bet with me! It appears now that the health concerns had nothing to do with cigars. I'm guessing this is what your wife is all about. ?!?
    She thinks I'm addicted to the nicotine...which I'm not....she has the impression that cigars are cigarettes.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Roberto99:
    She thinks I'm addicted to the nicotine...which I'm not....she has the impression that cigars are cigarettes.
    Yeah! Mine too..and they don't change their mind very quickly :)
  • Options
    Krieg:
    BigT06:
    Krieg:
    The Kid:
    Too funny,, Good luck Chris
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    BigT06:
    Krieg:
    The Kid:
    Good luck Chris...you can do it! I say we all need to get together sometime in early March and celebrate your win!

I was out on the lake fishing in the 35° rain/sleet/snow mix. I was enjoying myself til the wind started blowing 20+ mpg.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    Krieg:
    BigT06:
    Krieg:
    The Kid:
    Good luck Chris...you can do it! I say we all need to get together sometime in early March and celebrate your win!

I was out on the lake fishing in the 35° rain/sleet/snow mix. I was enjoying myself til the wind started blowing 20+ mpg.
    I agree, I'm going to start building my in door cigar room equipped with my own walk in humidor. When its finished u guys should help me break it in.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    dbeckom:
    Krieg:
    BigT06:
    Krieg:
    The Kid:

I agree, I'm going to start building my in door cigar room equipped with my own walk in humidor. When its finished u guys should help me break it in.
    Let us know when!

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    How are you doing without a cigar the second month Chris? It is worth for two boxes of cigars...Good luck. Question- what if she extend the challenge for the 3rd month for three boxes of cigars?
  • Options
    rzaman:
    How are you doing without a cigar the second month Chris? It is worth for two boxes of cigars...Good luck. Question- what if she extend the challenge for the 3rd month for three boxes of cigars?
    Funny you should ask...she originally wanted to me go go all the way through lent...but I told no no way in hell plus...I'm not Catholic (she is). This is the last month I'm doing it...I think I proved my point to her that I can quit smoking cigars anytime I want and that I'm not "addicted" to it....but actually enjoy a good cigar.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Good Job! You got this, and just think how good that victory stick is gonna be! You decided on your boxes yet?
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    Good Job! You got this, and just think how good that victory stick is gonna be! You decided on your boxes yet?
    I have not decided...maybe a box of Flor de las Antillas and a box of oliva v melanios....or some ISOMs...

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    rzaman:
    Funny you should ask...she originally wanted to me go go all the way through lent...but I told no no way in hell plus...I'm not Catholic (she is). This is the last month I'm doing it...I think I proved my point to her that I can quit smoking cigars anytime I want and that I'm not "addicted" to it....but actually enjoy a good cigar.
    Good for you !!! You got this!!!! Were all here cheerin ya on!!!, Plus think of how much mor youll enjoy em after your palate reset.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Krieg:
    rzaman:
    Good for you !!! You got this!!!! Were all here cheerin ya on!!!, Plus think of how much mor youll enjoy em after your palate reset.
    I hope your palate "reset" goes better than mine did last January and February. After nearly two months without a cigar, none of my old favorites tasted as good as before. It was like I'd have never smoked a cigar before, and it took me months to redevelop my palate and really taste anything other than tobacco and pepper.

• Options
    dbeckom:
    The Kid:
    Krieg:
    rzaman:
    I hope your palate "reset" goes better than mine did last January and February. After nearly two months without a cigar, none of my old favorites tasted as good as before. It was like I'd have never smoked a cigar before, and it took me months to redevelop my palate and really taste anything other than tobacco and pepper.
    you must of been sick?
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    The Kid:
    Krieg:
    rzaman:
    Actually I think it will be good for me. My palette needed a break I think. All the cigars I was smoking tasted the same or I wasn't impressed with anything. I'm hoping this will be a win win scenario for me ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    dbeckom:
    The Kid:
    Krieg:
    rzaman:
    Actually I think it will be good for me. My palette needed a break I think. All the cigars I was smoking tasted the same or I wasn't impressed with anything. I'm hoping this will be a win win scenario for me ;)
    Sure you weren't just smoking all Rocky's? I kid, I kid....
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    Krieg:
    dbeckom:
    The Kid:
    Krieg:
    rzaman:
    Sure you weren't just smoking all Rocky's? I kid, I kid....
    Ha! I could go for a RP Olde World Reserve Maduro right about now ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Man, last couple of days I've really been wanting a cigar. Dont know why...maybe it was opening my humidor that did it...Gotta hold out...that cigar would be the most expensive cigar I've ever smoked! lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Man, last couple of days I've really been wanting a cigar. Dont know why...maybe it was opening my humidor that did it...Gotta hold out...that cigar would be the most expensive cigar I've ever smoked! lol
    Absolutely!!!! Stay strong! BTW, great choice on the box purchases. Love the FDLA.