Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

So you think you know this forum? – 3,000th post - newbie contest

This contest is open to any BOTL with between 50 and 750 posts and on the good traders list.

All answers are to be PMed to me. I’ll keep it open until Friday at 9PM.

The BOTL with the most correct answers, or the first one to get all questions correct is the winner.

All of the answers can be found within the posts and stats of this forum.

1: Name 2 Tattoo artists in our ranks.

2: Who’s real name is that of a Rock Star ?

3: Name 3 BOTLS from north of the border and 1 from south of the border.

4: Who are the 3 longest, still active members?

5: What does DCCC stand for? Who coined it, and where? .

6: Name 2 BOTLS who have been talked off of the forum for their actions? .

7: What was the name given to Matt’s big herf in 2008? .

8: Who played poker with Daniel Negrano and Phil Helmouth? .

9: Who lives on Galveston Island? .

10: What is BORK?

Comments

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Best.Contest.Ever.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha it's pretty tough!! Good idea!! And congrats!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I LOVE this contest!!! Congrats on 3000 posts brother, great having you in the community.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Man, this is awesome!! You are the man beatnic!

Oh yeah, and congrats on 3K!
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Awesome contest! (I only don't know one of these). Well done sir!! Newbs get in on this, you definitely won't regret it!
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll give everyone one of the answers. I'm the Rock Star! (Anthony Kiedis from RHCP, Tony Iommi from Sabbath, Michael Anthony from VH, Tony Toni Tone, I can go on forever) Lol! For the record, I know who you are really going for (the more iconic name).
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Wow, some of those are TOUGH.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Awesome and congrats!
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know 90% of that and my head just popped.... I dont think I can put it to text. Good luck guys! PM me if you want help LOL!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    congrats
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Best.Contest.Ever.
    I agree! Congrats on the 3,000 milestone!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the 3000 posts
  • Options
    Can I give the n00bs a hint, beat?
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Congrats on 3k! I know what each question refers to except 2. Don't know the answers of the top of my head lol. Great contest
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Thanks for the congrats and kind words. Its' what keep me here. I hope that through all the searching and scouring that newer BOTLs can see what we have here.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    certainly a neat contest...and yes much digging must be done to find all the answers...good luck to all who try :)
  • Options
    beatnic:
    Thanks for the congrats and kind words. Its' what keep me here. I hope that through all the searching and scouring that newer BOTLs can see what we have here.
    HUGE congrats on 3k quality posts!
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    beatnic:
    HUGE congrats on 3k quality posts!
    Oh, and Ken, N00.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on 3K Rick.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats man, great contest for sure!!
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Great contest, very unique, great questions, did have to think on a few of them..... Congrats on 3k.
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    This contest is open to any BOTL with between 50 and 750 posts and on the good traders list.

All answers are to be PMed to me. I’ll keep it open until Friday at 9PM.

The BOTL with the most correct answers, or the first one to get all questions correct is the winner.

All of the answers can be found within the posts and stats of this forum.

1: Name 2 Tattoo artists in our ranks.

2: Who’s real name is that of a Rock Star ?

3: Name 3 BOTLS from north of the border and 1 from south of the border.

4: Who are the 3 longest, still active members?

5: What does DCCC stand for? Who coined it, and where? .

6: Name 2 BOTLS who have been talked off of the forum for their actions? .

7: What was the name given to Matt’s big herf in 2008? .

8: Who played poker with Daniel Negrano and Phil Helmouth? .

9: Who lives on Galveston Island? .

10: What is BORK?
    Great contest and congrats! I've been here since last March and I know 4 of those....wish I had found this place sooner!
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Nice Beatnic. And a very awesome way to introduce some quality threads to some noobs. Congrats on the 3k.
  • Options
    Awesome contest...but I think/know that some of the answers are actually harder than you might think they are. A few of the answers i was pretty sure about...turned out to not be true when i had to prove them to myself. I might propose that all 'veterns' answer the questions themselves...then see how many they truly got 'right' after the contest is over. Just a thought...not a challenge. :) And congrats on 3000 posts.
  • Options
    bearb:
    Awesome contest...but I think/know that some of the answers are actually harder than you might think they are. A few of the answers i was pretty sure about...turned out to not be true when i had to prove them to myself. I might propose that all 'veterns' answer the questions themselves...then see how many they truly got 'right' after the contest is over. Just a thought...not a challenge. :) And congrats on 3000 posts.
    This is really tough. I think I'm short a tattoo artist and a rock star...
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Ken Light:
    bearb:
    I can give you a hint if you want. Well, two hints.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went off the top of my head right then and there. I think I did ok. For the ones I didn't know, I put Jiunn. Hopefully I get some credit and they add up.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im not able to play. but i think i know em all but one.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    im not able to play. but i think i know em all but one.
    I would hope so. LOL.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    bearb:
    Agreed...i knew there were atleast 3 that i remembered..but recalling some of the details of exactly who was a challenge...as per the rock star, all i would say is that some ppl mellow with age. but to b perfectly honest, the most challenging for me was who are '3 longest, still active members'. It actually led to me learn to search in a neat way i didnt know you could. (so thanks beatnic, as that was part of your point) I did a lot from memory, but defining 'active' proved difficult also...as some botl's look, but dont post anymore...are they still 'active', if they do post, how recent to qualify as 'active'? Anyway, those are certainly NOT complaints...as i really enjoyed trying to confirm what i thought i knew, learn about search techniques and discovered some really cool things, tips, etc.