Home General Discussion

New here..Introduction post..

While I am not new to cigars I am new to this site..

My name is Don and I am a retired NYC police officer..(1985-2005) I began smoking cigars in 1986 through urging of some co-workers...I was quickly hooked. I was a regular poster on Cigar Family, Cigar Nexus, Internet Cigar Group and the now defunct Cigar Trader..Just to name a few

Luckily I had a small J&R store near my precinct so I could try all the best cigars..

And then came the BOOM..everybody and their mother making cigars just to make a buck..I became disalussioned with the quality of cigars on the market so I ventured to the Cuban market. I filled my WineRefridge-A-Dor with boxes of cuban cigars. That lasted until 2004 when nearing retirement I knew I had to be a Non-Smoker to get a great rate on a life insurance policy..So I gave up cigars completely..Until recently ,when I realized through the urging of my oldest son that I should remember what I was missing..

My tastes have changed from looking for the strongest kick ass buzz cigar to the more flavorful medium/full smoke. I feel you can get alot more for your money with readily available cigars. So I'm slowly replacing my collection of "those" cigars with what are IMHO better quality complex smokes..

Looking forward to being a part of the group..

Comments

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    hey there Don. glad you joined here. my name is snoobie. let me be the first one to welcome you good sir! I am good folk unlike some other idiots on here
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Grumpy by name, not by nature I hope.. Welcome to you
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    jliu:
    hey there Don. glad you joined here. my name is snoobie. let me be the first one to welcome you good sir! I am good folk unlike some other idiots on here
    Don't look at his( jliu) pics, the blurriness will make you go blind! Welcome to the forum and enjoy!
  • Lift603Lift603 Posts: 253
    Welcome grumpy!
    scarlin:
    jliu:
    Don't look at his( jliu) pics, the blurriness will make you go blind! Welcome to the forum and enjoy!
    Don - I cannot discount this statement. I... welcome
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Don. Its mandatory all new guys share there addresses with me(unwritten rule #156). Thank you for your compliance .
    Welcome to the forum!
    oh and also, since you're in upstate NY, maybe try to get in contact with wolfie for a herf? His real name is Randall (direwolf on here). He's kinda a weirdo but since you'll be smoking cigars, there's really no need to talk to him. Just nod when he blabs on about deer.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. There's a lot of great BOTL's here. But even more, there is a lot of information and fun to obtain here. Enjoy the ride Sir....
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum and enjoy!!:-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
    MVW67:
    don't ever ever ever ever answer this guy's PMs.
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Welcome to the forums, its a great place, have some fun!
  • nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    bigfnsteve:
    Welcome to the forum Don. Its mandatory all new guys share there addresses with me(unwritten rule #156). Thank you for your compliance .
    Welcome to the forum!

I'm still a noobie and you dont have my address good sir.
  • nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    don't ever ever ever ever answer this guy's PMs.

Seconded.....run fast and far.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Don, glad you joined the clan.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Hi Don, hope you like bears. Welcome and thank you for your service.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard, Don. I think you'll like this looney-bin. We're mostly harmless... Uh, I think.... Well, all except for Jiunn (like the month). Watch out for him...... He's a bit of a whack-job....

jlmarta:
    Welcome aboard, Don. I think you'll like this looney-bin. We're mostly harmless... Uh, I think.... Well, all except for Jiunn (like the month). Watch out for him...... He's a bit of a whack-job....

Don, don't let the baboons get to you. Just know that I am cool and will give you twenty bhat mathaaaageee. btw JL, I tried to copy your emoticon. then I quit and just started to click and drag all over my laptop screen. entertained me for like 30 seconds
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Welcome aboard Don.
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    nickiam:
    bigfnsteve:
    Welcome to the forum!

I'm still a noobie and you dont have my address good sir.
    Thats what you think
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Glad to have you Don! Just give Mike (MVW67) your address and he'll leave you alone!!!
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    jlmarta:

Don, don't let the baboons get to you. Just know that I am cool and will give you twenty bhat mathaaaageee. btw JL, I tried to copy your emoticon. then I quit and just started to click and drag all over my laptop screen. entertained me for like 30 seconds

Well, I think JLMarta just prove that point about Jiunn(Like The Month).

"btw JL, I tried to copy your emoticon. then I quit and just started to click and drag all over my laptop screen. entertained me for like 30 seconds", lol. Jiunn really cracks me up....

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    jlmarta:

And why would you want to copy my emoticon, June-boy? Don't you know I have it copyrighted seventeen ways from Sunday and it'll cost you 2 Armadas per month in royalties?? Go find your own......... Nyaa, nyaa :-)
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Don. And this welcome thread is just a taste of the shenanigans that go on around here.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome Don. I'm Doug. These guy's are all on pass from the asylum.
    Sorry bout that we generally hang the sign out during these times. For the most part these guy's are harmless... for the most part.
    You mentioned that you had been a member at several other cigar related sites? Well this one is NOT like any of them, time will prove that point. Grab a chair Don, welcome aboard.
    Don, don't listen to them I am a mild manored botl, I'm only here to help! Pm to you!
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    MVW67:
    Don, don't listen to them I am a mild manored botl, I'm only here to help! Pm to you!
    Don DO NOT open that PM ! LMAO I totally forgot about Mike. He IS dangerous. VERY DANGEROUS! His "problem" is that he befriends unsuspecting BOTL and eventually kills them with cigars! We call him the "the cigar snubber". He will come off as very nice and all that at the beggining. Time passes however and the real Mike W. sufaces and the cigar weapons start to fly and... I just can't. Too many memories! Oh the horror!
    laker1963:
    MVW67:
    Don DO NOT open that PM ! LMAO I totally forgot about Mike. He IS dangerous. VERY DANGEROUS! His "problem" is that he befriends unsuspecting BOTL and eventually kills them with cigars! We call him the "the cigar snubber". He will come off as very nice and all that at the beggining. Time passes however and the real Mike W. sufaces and the cigar weapons start to fly and... I just can't. Too many memories! Oh the horror!
    you must have me confused with somebody else, that doesn't sound like me at all??has to be somebody else!!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Don! Lots of good stuff on these forums - enjoy!
    marineatbn03:
    Welcome Don. And this welcome thread is just a taste of the shenanigans that go on around here.
    +1

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum nice to see another NY BOTL. A lot of gret BOTL and SOTL on this site so stay a while. Yankee or Mets Fan?
  • Bklyn78Bklyn78 Posts: 65
    Welcome to the forum. nice to see another NYer here. I know working as NYPD you must have some crazy stories. My brother works for the NYPD and the stories never get old. Hopefully you're a yankee fan. Who really wants to admit they like the mets lol.