Home General Discussion
Options

Whoa! Where did this guy come from?!?

rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
The even better question is... Where did this guy disappear to? Good question... Life is probably the best answer... ;) So how has everyone been! Glad to see I still recognize a couple of the names on here... Hopefully they still recognize me as well!

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Good to see you back Greg. Still some of the old crew hanging on around here. Hope life has been treating you well.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    been a while dude. welcome back
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    It's been like, three years Greg/Shirley. I thought you fell down a well or something. Nice to see your shaving face again.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Shirley, damn good to see you again. Hope the past few years have been good to you...stick around.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    HEY SHIRLEY!!! Welcome back! I'm in and out as well, but I always find my home here!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Aww sweet! One of the old gang returns!
  • Options
    LOL, I was wondering how long it would take for a Shirley reference! ;) Good to see you guys are still around! I'll try to stick around this time. My son was only about a year old when I disappeared last time... Wasn't too bad till then, but once he really started getting into things! LOL... Now I can barely keep up with the boy... Still, one of the few things I enjoy more than smoking cigars is being a father! ;) And kaspera.... Falling down a well isn't a big issue for me... As long as I can reach the sides I can climb like a crazy kooky eyed spider monkey... ;) On the other hand, my biggest fear??? Falling down while shaving!!! LMFAO!
  • Options
    btw... I have a question for you guys... As you well know, I've been a cigar smoker for a very long time... As much as I love kicking back with an old favorite, I also love trying new things that I've never had before. Discovered some real gems that way! Anyway, point is, I've thought about it for a very long time now, but decided it's time to give it a whirl... What you ask? Get ready to cringe... A pipe! LOL No, not looking to switch over to the "dark side" and give up cigars... Just looking for something different, and I really like the thought of being able to pick up a lot of very inexpensive blends to try out... Kinda like buying singles, but a WHOLE lot cheaper... LOL So anyway, I've never touched a pipe to my lips at all, so I'm looking for some help... I'm guessing at least a couple of you have done the pipe thing at some point or another... As for the pipe, just looking for something inexpensive, like I said, just want to try it first and see if I'll even be interested. From there I think it's mostly just general advice I'm seeking... What types of tobacco's I should try first, storage tips, and where to even begin the first time I have a pipe and some tobacco in my hands... ;) Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!!! Shirley....
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Welcome back brother!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Hello there. They just added a new pipe section to the forums. There's tons of good information there and I think Andy from cigar.com can put together a pipe package for you. Check it out.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back to the forum and congrats on being a father. I don't have any experience with smoking pipes. But just as James40 said. They added a new section just for that.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Aww sweet! One of the old gang returns!
    Sure did take him a long time to remember his password,,,;O) HI
  • Options
    Pipes are interesting Greg, just don't expect it to taste like a cigar or you'll be disappointed. I still enjoy my cigars, but I've also come to enjoy settling down with a nice pipe.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    rusirius:
    The even better question is... Where did this guy disappear to?
    i see you finally recovered from that shaving accident...
  • Options
    Yeah Joe, actually that's exactly what i'm hoping for is something a bit different. I love my cigars and have one pretty much every night. I've just tried pretty much everything out there that's even remotely interesting to me. I have my standard gotos, like 5 Vegas Miami, Tatuaje Havana IV, Pepin stuff, etc... I've found myself gravitating toward the infused stuff a bit more lately though mostly because it's "different". That's why I'm thinking I'll enjoy a pipe so much, because of the huge variety of tobacco's out there. We're fortunate enough to have a hookah bar not too far away, and I really wanna get there and try some of that out as well, for the same reasons...
  • Options
    Right on. Hookah is definitely different, quite pleasant in my opinion. I too love the variety of tobacco available for the pipe, I haven't ventured into the realm of aromatics much, but have found quite a few that I really enjoy. And let me tell ya, if you thought cigars can be strong, well my friend step right up and test your mettle against some strong pipe tobaccos...you'll find yourself waking from a mini nicotine coma in no time. Haha