Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Would Like Some Input Please On New Cutlerybarn Item

MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
This question goes out to the outdoors man on the forum. We have been offering cigar/smoking accessories on our knife site for some time. I figured I wasn't the only one that enjoyed playing with knives while smoking a fine cigar

We have been thinking of putting an outdoors man package together. It would consist of a camo or black herf-a-dor a torch lighter, cutter and some sort of knife. I am having a bit of a struggle on choosing the right knife.

What do you all think would be a good choice

1. Multi-blade folding hunter
2. Mutli-tool
3. Fixed blade hunter
4. Survival Knife

Or do you think it would be good to make these sets up like one for the Hunter....Fisherman....Camper and say a General Outdoors one. Each one would have the herf-a-dor, lighter and cutter and then the appropriate knife. Like I said we are tossing this idea around so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    Or do you think it would be good to make these sets up like one for the Hunter....Fisherman....Camper and say a General Outdoors one. Each one would have the herf-a-dor, lighter and cutter and then the appropriate knife. Like I said we are tossing this idea around so any suggestions would be appreciated.

My humble opinion, this one ^^^.

Personally, I like the multi tool and multi-blade hunter knives.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't hurt to have a seperate package for each, i.e., hunter, fisherman, etc. Then just see how they sell. I too am partial to a multi-tool and never go anywhere without one. I have used them so many times in the field. And my mechanic solidified my opinion f the multi-tool when I asked him once what was the best gear to have for a roadside emergency and his response was a multi-tool.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Surely someone has designed a multi-tool with a cutter, or scissors? Hell, put a roach, I mean butt clip on it also. I can light my cigar using the itty bitty magnifying glass on a Swiss Army knife. Put one of those curved mirror in it also. Some of them act as an ashtray.
    I can see it now. The ultimate cigar survival kit. LOL.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    Either this or a build you own combo and let the consumer choose the knife.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    bandyt09:
    MTuccelli:
    Either this or a build you own combo and let the consumer choose the knife.
    +1 for this idea
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Small fixed blade hunter, personally. If you're gonna be outdoors, there's nothing a folder can do that a fixed blade can't, except fold.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I would do separate. I can't wait to see these. Probably will pick one up for the desert. Shoot me a PM/forum post please when these are available on the store. Will they be available for fathers day?
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of seperate kits for each, with the option to let the buyer choose their weapon of choice. Maybe a set number of knives or multi-tools with the option to up-grade for a reasonable price.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Imo, having choices would be the best. I personally would go for a black herfador with a 4-5in fixed blade
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    I'd suggest a fixed blade hunter with a skinning hook.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all your input on this little project Angie and I are working on. Some here said small hunting knife and others felt a multi tool would fit the bill. The 2 outdoors/camping herfing kit we are going to have will consist of

1 15ct Herf-a-Dor Ltd Camo
    1 Black Ops Cutter
    1 Moretti Jet Flame Torch Lighter

and either one of these which I am leaving up to the buyer to decide

Winchester WinFrame Multi-Pliers

Or

Mustang Montana Hunter, overall length: 8-1/4", Blade Material AUS-8 SS

All I have left is to figure out what the selling price is going to be. These first 2 we are going to offer to the brothers and sisters here. Once I get back home we will work on putting together different styles of these outdoor herfing kits. It all depends on the manufactures.

• Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Great idea Mike. I would suggest a 10ct herf instead of a 15. I love a 15 when I am trading or traveling but if you are out in the woods and want to be mobile a 10 is much easier to carry. A 5 is easier yet but who here would only smoke 5 cigars in a couple of days... yeah, thought so.

fixed blade knives are better than folding for many survival reasons. The multitool is a good idea as well.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, you can put me down for a fixed blade option, and I also agree with the 10 ct herfador. Only because I already have a 15 ct......LOL
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    That Mustang is a sweet looking knife. I've never used one before. Might have to try.