Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Brotherhood of the Travelling Shuriken - CLOSED & FLYING

13»

Comments

• Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    I got it in the mail yesterday. I will hopefully have an opportunity to use it tonight or tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Feedback and thoughts would be greatly appreciated sir, pics too if you wish. :-)

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I was disappointed. Large rings didn't slice enough, and the corona I tried it on was sliced across the head, leaving small flaps of wrapper that would stick to my lips.
  • Options
    Had 4 people try it today including myself. Lets just say we each ended up using a standard cutter. We tried this on some boxed pressed cigar i do not know if that had anything to do with it or not. There was seriously no draw at all. I tried twisting it a little bit. I think i will try again tomorrow on a standard size. Sorry i have no pics this was tried at a memorial day weekend bb/pool party would have been awkward taking pics. It did not look like there were any cuts in the cigar but i felt the cigar slice into the cigar. it was odd to say the least.
  • Options
    going to drop this thing in the mail tomorrow. Thanks for letting me try it out. I think i am going to give it one last shot tonight.
  • Options
    Thank you brother, appreciate your feedback and experiences! Now on to pbchevo, and that should be the end of it - unless anyone else wants to jump on the end of this thing and try it for themselves?

• Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    soooo any update to see where it is. havent received it yet.
  • Options
    Imgembo?

• Options
    pbchevo:
    Imgembo's last forum visit was yesterday, but he hasnt posted since the 3rd. We'll see if he replies to this, and I'll shoot him a pm too.

• Options
    The Sniper:
    pbchevo:
    Imgembo's last forum visit was yesterday, but he hasnt posted since the 3rd. We'll see if he replies to this, and I'll shoot him a pm too.

PM sent.

• Options
    Hey sorry guys been a bit hectic. I have been traveling alot lately and trying to get my girlfriend ready to spend her summer in the philipeans. I meant to get it in the mail last Tuesday but it totally slipped my mind. I did get it in the mail today. It is heading to pbchevo. ONe thing though. I forgot to put the list of participants in the box. Pcbchevo is the last on on the list though. My question is what would you like me to do with it?. Again I am so sorry about not getting it out sooner and forgetting to send it last week. LIfe just got in the way. But it is starting to settle down again and i should be more active again.
  • Options
    **** happens brother, no harm no foul. Hope everything smooths out for you soon, and thanks again for being part of this.

You can go ahead and trash the list as pbchevo is the last one on it.

• Options
    got it today.
    Glen pm'ed you
  • Options
    Got it and replied brother, thanks!

• Options
    xmacro:
    If you're the type of herfer that uses his lips to puff, who puts the cigar end up to his lips but not in the mouth, then the cuts are very likely too far back, the draw will be non-existent/very tight, and you'll need to bite down; if you're the type of herfer that holds the cigar in their mouth, or inserts it about an inch past the lips (no ****), then the shuriken works about as well as a traditional cutter

THIS ^^^

finnaly i was able to smoke and try this had my wisdom teeth pulled. My first smoke i was having a hard time with the draw went back on the forums and read xmacro post and yeah that helps. You have to like stick the whole damn stick inside to great a perfect draw. It was a good idea but just not for cigars. Thanks alot Glen for this pass
  • Options
    Alright fellas, end of the line... the Shuriken came back to me Monday night. Thanks to all who participated in giving this thing a try, and getting some reviews up for folks to refer to if they ever consider making the purchase. I would have to say the prevailing vote of teh people who tried it on this thread was a "NO".... and I would have to agree.

For my experiences with it, I found it to be a unique product, but not a particularly good or user freindly one. It does slice the cigars in the way it was designed to, but those cuts dont provide the kind of draw Im looking for without extra effort (keeping the cap extra wet after the cut, pinching the shoulder of the cigar with your teeth while drawing, etc). At the end of the day, this is not what I buy a cigar cutter for. A cutter should be BAM! USE! DONE!, no thought involved and no aftercare needed.

Some of you may be wondering why, if I didnt care for the thing myself, I sent it out on a pass. Well, first was me personally - I prefer a REALLY loose draw on my smokes, and couldnt be sure if this thing was providing a draw that most cigar smokers would consider "normal". Second, I thought it would be fun for people who were curious about the thing to try it.

When the Shuriken came home to me, it had a travelling buddy! Chcek it out:

The pic kind of doesnt do this thing justice fellas - its HUGE! Whoever put it in with the Shuriken, please step up and take your bow. :-) Going to go give this baby a test run right... about... NOW! :-)

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    When the Shuriken came home to me, it had a travelling buddy! Chcek it out:

The pic kind of doesnt do this thing justice fellas - its HUGE! Whoever put it in with the Shuriken, please step up and take your bow. :-) Going to go give this baby a test run right... about... NOW! :-)

Oooooh! And it can always serve as brass knuckles in a pinch!! What a thoughtful gift! :-)

• Options
    forgot to put a memo. I bought that cutter on ebay and they send you 2 of them. The reason why I send you this was because you had the trust in me to send the cutter to you when i was ready to smoke again since i went to the dentist. That means alot to me since I dont really know you and for you to trust is big for me. Also since this was a cutter pass I said why not send him a cutter too. Thanks again Glen
  • Options
    heres a pic to show you guys the size
  • Options
    pbchevo:
    heres a pic to show you guys the size
    Yeah, that things got about 7" to it folks.

# jealous :-)

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    You can punch a guy out and cut out his eye, all at the same time. LOL
    Thanks for the opportunity to try it Sniper.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I wanna try it. jk. I know it ended. oh stewped stewped meee