Home General Discussion
Options

That uh-oh moment..

scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
I do not like that moment you buy more cigars than you have room for..I mean no room whatsoever.. I got 2 boxes of little monsters coming and my Cabinet is still without a humidifier (Being made), my 300 ct is filled to the brim, my 100 ct is filled to the brim, my 50 ct is filled to the brim, and my herf-a-dor is only gonna fit 5 more tops. Anyone else find themselves in an interesting predicament like this ever?

Comments

• Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    may I suggest wineador?
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Yeah, I've been there, and probably will be again...Amazon, cooler, beads/boveda pack, and pay for the fast shipping. Either that or a trip to walmart works too.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to cigars. I had 5 humidors and all my wife's Tupperware full. That is why I have been selling. I became a collector and am now keeping a manageable large humidor.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    When I get road blocked I go to the store by a big ass Rubbermaid container and some weather stripping... Fill with boxes put in humidifiers and your ready to go maybe a hour tops depending on how close you are to the stores
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    When faced with such a predicament, I've found large ziploc bags, 2 gallon type, to work well for temp/semi-permanence storage of boxes. I use Boveda packs to keep rh% stable.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Lee.mcglynn:
    When I get road blocked I go to the store by a big ass Rubbermaid container and some weather stripping... Fill with boxes put in humidifiers and your ready to go maybe a hour tops depending on how close you are to the stores
    Think I need to pick up another cooler
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    never had that problem, and probably never will. Feel free to send me your overflow, I have room for them :D
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    When faced with such a predicament, I've found large ziploc bags, 2 gallon type, to work well for temp/semi-permanence storage of boxes. I use Boveda packs to keep rh% stable.
    +1 I have a dresser drawer full of these.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Good news, seems my humidifier finally shipped. Now time to season that son of a gun this weekend.
  • Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    Almost had that moment today. I can hold about 5 more cigars and then I'm at max capacity. O_O
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    I used to have that problem, but now im good for a few years..... image
  • Options
    stadstad Posts: 396 ✭✭
    Or the obvious solution....start smok'en son!
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Rail Jockey 2 words for ya. "YOU SUCK" lol jk nice set up bro and bro if ur like me go for the cooler you wont go wrong
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    uh-oh just happened drinky drinky + sprint sale = new humi.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    uh-oh just happened drinky drinky + sprint sale = new humi.
    haha!! That's awesome. You need to check out this thread:

purchases while not in the right state of mind thread
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rail Jockey:
    I used to have that problem, but now im good for a few years.....
    +1.
    Yup. Getting a humi that will hold more than I will ever have is great. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Rail Jockey:
    +1.
    Might have to work on a plan that would make those words you just said taste bad
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Ah, uh-oh no more. Evanston diamante for a third of what c.com is asking. Mission accomplished.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    some pup here fixed that problem for me and gifted me with an awesome 70 qt... only problem i have now is whether to take the 48 qt nearly full... or the70 qt which would have a lot more room with me when i go to orlando for my internship. i guess i gotta figure out how to lock em up first.
  • Options
    Bigger is better, never know what you might find there!
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    marineatbn03:
    Bigger is better, never know what you might find there!
    probably... i guess that means i need to order my leds soon.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Dude I'm on the same boat, just bought so much cigars and I'm at capacity, I need a bigger cooler
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    scarlin:
    I do not like that moment you buy more cigars than you have room for..I mean no room whatsoever.. I got 2 boxes of little monsters coming and my Cabinet is still without a humidifier (Being made), my 300 ct is filled to the brim, my 100 ct is filled to the brim, my 50 ct is filled to the brim, and my herf-a-dor is only gonna fit 5 more tops. Anyone else find themselves in an interesting predicament like this ever?
    This is a problem we all face in this hobby at one time or another, and I find its one of my favorite predicaments, because it means one thing and one thing only to me personally...

... time to bomb the ever living **** out of some deserving BOTLs. :-D

• Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have that problem at all. what is wrong with you people??
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    0patience:
    Rail Jockey:
    +1.
    Might have to work on a plan that would make those words you just said taste bad
    Shouldn't you be getting a package soon to play with?
    That didn't sound right at all. Let's try this again.
    Shouldn't you be getting a shipment in to keep you occupied? Ah well, that's no better. ROFL!!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    LOL, this thread is like Seal Island!!! I can just see the fins circling, waiting for one of us to slip up and say something like, "not me, I've got plenty of room." LOL, not me, my 150ct is full!!!
  • Options
    0patience:
    marineatbn03:
    0patience:
    Rail Jockey:
    +1.
    Shouldn't you be getting a package soon to play with?
    That didn't sound right at all. Let's try this again.
    Shouldn't you be getting a shipment in to keep you occupied? Ah well, that's no better. ROFL!!
    Indeed, about another week. And lucky for me, my extra order of beads arrived today, at 3 weeks en route, I was begining to worry they wouldn't show.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Done that. Mason jars too, always a clean case of them in the basement. Again, only temporary.