Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Padron 3000, awesome cigar, nuff said.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I haven't had one of those in quite a while. Need to remedy that.

Last night I had an Oliva G, which I didn't enjoy nearly as much as I remembered enjoying these in the past. Not sure why. Tonight it's an R&J Reserva Real toro.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    alienmisprint:
    Just finished a Tatuaje J21 Reserva courtesy Brandon (bbc020). Man, that was a helluva smoke. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, it went out with about half an inch left and I burnt my finger re-lighting it just for a last few puffs. Damn good cigar, thanks again Brandon!
    It sounds like you hated to see that one go... The ashes were falling behind your teeth at that point.
    Oh yes, it was an excellent smoke. Definately has a place in my humidor if I can find any of them, lol.

Just finished up a Diamond Crown. It started off a little harsh, but mellowed out quickly. Although it was a very pleasant cigar, there are alot of other mild sticks that I prefer that are also about half the price of this one. Good stick, but I wouldn't buy any more.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    none for me tonight, having a tooth problem in the back. need a root canal, not sure I'll be smoking until that is fixed... sucks.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I smoked a RP Vintage 92 2nd, I love these 2nds, I think might order a Vintage 90 bundle soon.

"Long ashes my friends."

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had a Oliva Series O Maduro Torpedo last night as my first cigar. It was tasty. It is the first time I have had one. Second cigar was RP Fusion MM Robusto. Started out different than the Oliva and then started to taste quite similar. It was a good night. Smoked both to the nub.
    if my mouth is feeling better or I pump enough pain killers I'm planning on smoking a GOF to celebrate the final episode of battlestar galactica.
    phobicsquirrel:
    if my mouth is feeling better or I pump enough pain killers I'm planning on smoking a GOF to celebrate the final episode of battlestar galactica.
    Which one? Don Carlos or Carlito?
    2004 carlito. I haven't had one yet. I liked the don carlos quite a bit.
    phobicsquirrel:
    2004 carlito. I haven't had one yet. I liked the don carlos quite a bit.
    Enjoy brother! I need to have one again.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well in about three and a half hours I start my vacation!!! 11 days off work to relax, spend time with the family, and to smoke all the cigars I want!!! haha I'm pretty excited about it since I haven't had a vacation since mid-late 2005. My birthday is also next thursday so I'm holding out hope that I will get some good smokes!!! But I'll keep everyone posted on my smoking adventures over the next several days!
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Have a small trip up the road tonight for a get together. I plan to smoke a La Aurora 1495/1994 on the way. It's been a few months since I've had one. I looking forward to revisiting it.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    An entire 1/4" of a Padilla Series '68 toro. ><
    Just finished a Gurkha Symphony, man these are some good sticks. The draw was a little too tight to begin with on this one, but it loosened up to "just right" about half an inch in. Awesome smoke for a mild cigar, it is in the running with 5 Vegas Gold for my favorite mild stick.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Dude Love:
    An entire 1/4" of a Padilla Series '68 toro. >
    So D/L what happened to put an end to that party ? Sounds like it ended before it began.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    Well in about three and a half hours I start my vacation!!! 11 days off work to relax, spend time with the family, and to smoke all the cigars I want!!! haha I'm pretty excited about it since I haven't had a vacation since mid-late 2005. My birthday is also next thursday so I'm holding out hope that I will get some good smokes!!! But I'll keep everyone posted on my smoking adventures over the next several days!

Enjoy the time off and happy early birthay Puro
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    It just wouldn't stay lit. I tried 3 times...
    Nothing for me tonight. Too busy throwing up from both ends.
    rwheelwright:
    ick, sorry man. reminds me of going to a mexican joint that a co-worker talked me into going in for lunch a few months back. I guess I have a weaker system than him. Then again he drinks like 3 2 liters of pepsi a day... hmmm..
    rwheelwright:

Whoa ...sorry about that man...
    Nothing for me today either ....became sick as crap after lunch today ( beef liver & grilled onions with baked beans ) something I have only about 2 times a year. Can't even think about that dish now without feeling I'm about to vomit ...headache and nausea ....feeling better after about a 2 hour nap..
    Damn. Lousy day for the BOTLs. I, meanwhile, am healthy as a horse and intend to go out for a smoke and some whiskey, shortly. Last night, after my Reserva Real, I had a Gran Habano VL. The last one of those I smoked was just terriffic; this one was plugged and flavorless.

Oh, well. I think I'll start tonight with a 5 Vegas Classic fitty-fi. Hope all you guys feel better soon.
  • ShawnJShawnJ Posts: 65
    Had the stomach flu last week. Was awful. Tis the season, I'm afraid. Had a Java by Drew Estate this morning. This evening, before dinner, I had an A. Fuente private selection.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Dang, wheelie and gmill.. hope you get better soon. Wheelie, it sounds like you've been trying my trendy "raw chicken diet" ... I have yet to publish it, but it's a proven way to lose 5 lbs in 48 hrs and get an awesome core strength workout in the process. Just think of how buff you'll be when this is behind you :)

Tonight, I decided to fire up a Nub Connecticut 464. Oh... my... GAWD that was an amazing smoke. A couple people mentioned today that they prefer this over the 5 Vegas Gold, and I wholeheartedly agree. More body than the Gold, a wonderfully smooth and creamy FULL flavor. This may be my favorite of the Nub line. I wasn't terribly excited about it, due to the Connie wrapper, but I was quite pleasantly surprised. This will be a staple in the humi, for sure.
    You guys are finding something in that cigar that I just missed, I guess. I found it bland -- easily the hindmost of the three Nubs. I've got a couple more that I've been, well, ignoring, but I guess I'll have to give one a try this weekend.

I just smoked that 5 Vegas Classic, solid as always, and then an Avo Domaine #50, which was good, but not as good as I generally find these. I think my taster has been off this week. The only cigars that have tasted normal to me were the Classic and an H. Upmann (two very similar cigars, interestingly enough).

Had a bit of Bernheim whiskey with tonight's stogies.
    urbino:
    You guys are finding something in that cigar that I just missed, I guess. I found it bland -- easily the hindmost of the three Nubs. I've got a couple more that I've been, well, ignoring, but I guess I'll have to give one a try this weekend.
    I'm with you on this one Urb, I found the Nub Connecticut very bland and unappealing. I didn't really think the Nub Habano was too hot either though. The Cameroon was the better of the three, but I still am not really a fan of it either.

Had a Gurkha Royal Brigade (thanks Urbino!) with a buddy earlier tonight, man I dig these sticks. Very good smoke, I am/was a little buzzed, so I didn't really take time and pay attention to it, but it was still a great smoke. Even through my drunk ramblings, every once in a while (pretty often really), I would take a puff and step back and realize how much I was enjoying this cigar.
    dutyje:
    Dang, wheelie and gmill.. hope you get better soon. Wheelie, it sounds like you've been trying my trendy "raw chicken diet" ... I have yet to publish it, but it's a proven way to lose 5 lbs in 48 hrs and get an awesome core strength workout in the process. Just think of how buff you'll be when this is behind you :)

Tonight, I decided to fire up a Nub Connecticut 464. Oh... my... GAWD that was an amazing smoke. A couple people mentioned today that they prefer this over the 5 Vegas Gold, and I wholeheartedly agree. More body than the Gold, a wonderfully smooth and creamy FULL flavor. This may be my favorite of the Nub line. I wasn't terribly excited about it, due to the Connie wrapper, but I was quite pleasantly surprised. This will be a staple in the humi, for sure.
    I did loose a few lbs but to be buff I would need to loose another 80. I have a pretty strong stomach so I don't know what caused this. I usualy eat spicy *** all the time. All I had was cereal and coffee, like I do every day.
    dutyje:

I like it, I have the 60's.
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Finally had a smoke yesterday.An Onyx Reserve Chruchill.A little tight at the start.Burn was uneven as well. The second half was a pleasant surprise.The burn evened out and a nice leather flavor took over.Maybe a little nutty as well.Ill have to give this one another try.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Padilla Signature 1948. I've never been disappointed in any of Ernesto's blends, but I think this one may have just knocked the Obsidian out of first place as my favorite of theirs. If you enjoy Corojos you owe it to yourself to try this one.