Home General Discussion
Options

anyone have pics of your humidor setups?

Comments

• Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    alienmisprint:
    zoom6zoom:
    alienmisprint:
    Good deal, looks like you know my tastes then, lol. Nice set-up btw, and nice wheel-gun there. What make is that?
    S&W Model 617-0.
    Is that the 10-shot 22LR one?
    No, the "dash zero" was the first production, it's six rounds. I think the ten round (with alloy cylinder) started around the -5 or -6 if I'm not mistaken. It's a great target gun, very heavy and about a two pound trigger pull on single action.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    wow, some great pics their wheelie. A lot of fuente and GOF... like the coffin's and gurkha barber pole, what cigar is that? the only cigar like that I know of comes in a sampler of sorts..
    That's the one it is. It's called the Enigma. I haven't found them sold seperately. Gonna try it soon. Have about 3 months of age on it.
    Okay yeah found the pack it comes in. btw have you had the master select? I'm torn between the maduro or regular. wondering if I should get both or not. sort of only want to buy 1. btw you have mail wheelie..
    The only Master Selects I have had are the Robusto and the 6 X 60. I only had one robusto and it was good not great but good. I had two of the 6 X 60's. The first one was better than the last. I think that the cigar is to mellow for me, but that might not be the correct assessment. Maybe not mellow but lacked in flavor or didn't have as much flavor as the last. Something like that. I have 3 more of that size aging. I didn't know they came in regular and maduro. Hrm... I'll have to look into that.

I have even more that is not shown in the pics. I have three tuperware full plus about 10 bags of stuff. All of my Ashtons are in bags, the Grand Reserve, Platinum Reserve, Royal Reserve, Corniche, all my Padillas, Nubs, Partagas Serie S,5 Vegas, Gurkha GK, Elegence, Black Puro, Doble Maduro, Fuerte, Symphony, Gold, Signature 101, Olivas, and I can't remember what else. I really need to smoke my inventory down so I can put the stuff in bags in a humidor.
    well I went ahead and ordered both and some legends.

You guys can see what I have thus far, I really need my humi which is a lot like our very own Urby. Oh I cannot wait.... http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee44/PhobicSquirrel/
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ummm phobic...
    i see nothing
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    ummm phobic...
    i see nothing
    just copy and past this link in your browser bud.. http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee44/PhobicSquirrel/Cigars/

should take you to it.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i must have missed a letter in my cut & paste
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    kuzi16:
    i must have missed a letter in my cut & paste
    LOL... feebs, your first link was incomplete
  • Options
    Man.. all these pics have helped me realize how much of a lower-tier smoker I am. You all seem to have huge stocks of super-premiums. Even my standard for "super-premium" seems to be quite a bit lower than the rest of you. If I want to treat myself to something "special" I'll reach for an RP 92. Most of the time, I'm trying new stuff, and it's usually in the $2-6 range. My "splurge" cigars will be in the $8-12 range. Excluding Gurkhas, I just don't have any cigars above $15 MSRP.

Not that I'm at all dissatisfied with my collection.. I'm just too new at this to be dropping the coin for the expensive stuff until I've tasted all the rest... and I have a hard time justifying the pickup of any ultra-premiums when I am so satisfied with average-priced cigars. I'm a Schlitz drinker, after all :)
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    dutyje:
    Man.. all these pics have helped me realize how much of a lower-tier smoker I am. You all seem to have huge stocks of super-premiums. Even my standard for "super-premium" seems to be quite a bit lower than the rest of you. If I want to treat myself to something "special" I'll reach for an RP 92. Most of the time, I'm trying new stuff, and it's usually in the $2-6 range. My "splurge" cigars will be in the $8-12 range. Excluding Gurkhas, I just don't have any cigars above $15 MSRP.

Not that I'm at all dissatisfied with my collection.. I'm just too new at this to be dropping the coin for the expensive stuff until I've tasted all the rest... and I have a hard time justifying the pickup of any ultra-premiums when I am so satisfied with average-priced cigars. I'm a Schlitz drinker, after all :)
    With that being said, these are my "trying new stuff" phase. That is why I have such huges amounts. Once I am done experimenting, I will probably just keep a few brands in my rotation with the occasional super premium. I like the regular Fuente and Hemingways a lot. If you search, you can get boxes of hemingways for ~$130. The Gurkha Shaggy, if you buy a box is around $6.20. So, Partagas, Shaggy, Fuente and maybe the RP 92 would be regulars in my collection.
  • Options
    Well, that's another thing... I never buy boxes. I have no need for that many of a single cigar when I'm still trying stuff. I stick to samplers and singles. Many of my purchases are singles from the local shop.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    Well, that's another thing... I never buy boxes. I have no need for that many of a single cigar when I'm still trying stuff. I stick to samplers and singles. Many of my purchases are singles from the local shop.
    I don't buy boxes to often. The last few boxes I bought were because I wanted to experiment with aging, price was really good or it is something that really really like. I bought a box of Demitasse because they are a nice small and quick smoke for those short drives and it was cheap. I bought a box of the Shaggys because it is one of my favorite. I bought a box of the Warlords and Grand Age because I like them but want to experiment with serious aging. Oh, and I bought boxes of the GoF because I really like Fuente and at the time you could not get singles unless you got the Coffins.
  • Options
    I'm picky about what $$ cigars I get. I've been disappointed with a lot of spendy cigars. I do love the GOF's and hope I like the opus-x's haven't had any yet but I am stocked.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    I'm picky about what $$ cigars I get. I've been disappointed with a lot of spendy cigars. I do love the GOF's and hope I like the opus-x's haven't had any yet but I am stocked.
    Have one. If you like a strong full bodied smoke OpusX is it. I am not a fan but I am giving them another show after I do some serious aging.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Don Carlos anyone...one of my tops even if spendy
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Have one. If you like a strong full bodied smoke OpusX is it. I am not a fan but I am giving them another show after I do some serious aging.
    I'm letting them all sit until dec or so. that will give them at least a year before a Light one up.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I'm letting them all sit until dec or so. that will give them at least a year before a Light one up.
    I hear ya. Hard to do isn't it? Don't you just want to smoke one?
  • Options
    gmill880:
    I love them too, especially the #2. I still have one left from when I went to Miami in October 2006.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:
    I love them too, especially the #2. I still have one left from when I went to Miami in October 2006.

I'm with ya brother I love the #2 as well . . .and the Fuente Anejo as well the shark is my fav
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:

I'm with ya brother I love the #2 as well . . .and the Fuente Anejo as well the shark is my fav
  • Options
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:

I like the Torpedo better than the Shark but I have only had one Shark so my opinion could change. I have a few aging. We'll see in a few months.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    The Don Carlos is a great smoke! I've still got a #2 and a couple Hemmingways from the event I went to several months ago. I have a couple Opus X in the humi too. I can't wait to try one but they are so hard to come by in the local shops I have to hold onto them until I can replace them.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    The Don Carlos is a great smoke! I've still got a #2 and a couple Hemmingways from the event I went to several months ago. I have a couple Opus X in the humi too. I can't wait to try one but they are so hard to come by in the local shops I have to hold onto them until I can replace them.

If I were a betting man I would say you will love them...they are good
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

If I were a betting man I would say you will love them...they are good
    Oh thanks!! Ya had to tell me that! Now it will be even harder to hold onto them!! haha jk I am looking forward to trying them out, I always love a new top shelf smoke.
  • Options
    Glockg23Glockg23 Posts: 5

Click-able images they will open in a new window

Later
    Bill

• Options
    Where are the cigars?
  • Options
    Glockg23Glockg23 Posts: 5

gmill880:
    Where are the cigars?

Waiting for an order that i placed with Tim Blythe, some of the following will go in there

• "Hi Tim
      thanks for the info
      I will try the Miami's just on your word
      Please send me 1 box of Padilla Miami Torpedo's and 1
      Padilla Introductory Sampler
      along with 1 Single Padron Nicaraguan, Maduro 40th Anniversaryimage I Have Been wanting to smoke one!
      Plus a box of Cigar.com Corojo Label Torpedo,image If they are on special"

• Options
    gmill880:
    Where are the cigars?
    you don't see them, man gene get some bigger glasses... =p
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:
    Where are the cigars?
    you don't see them, man gene get some bigger glasses... =p

Yeah Feebs I can't see anything....I don't know what was in that last cigar!!!
  • Options
    Well my stock is a little low right now due to a very limited budget at the moment, but here are some pics of my humi.

Here is the Humidor itself.
    Humidor

Here is the bottom layer.
    Layer 1

Layer #2
    Layer 2

Layer #3
    Layer 3

And a few to top it off
    Layer 4
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    That's a very elegant humi, Puro . . . with some very good smokes inside.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Very nice looking set up.. Have you tried any of the illusione cigars yet.. I see you have a 777 which I liked very much.. I have others that have been sitting for almost a year now. I look forward to smoking soon.