Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    dep691:

congrats bbc

Have the rare friday off, not sure if I will be able to smoke though. Going to watch my daughter play in a basketball tournament. I don't want to brag but she is AWESOME.

Got home kinda late last night after watching the tournament, my daughter played awesome really proud of her. I was able to smoke a AF hemmingway classic while walking the dogs when I got home. Plays again this afternoon, can't wait for the game to start.

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    nice, always a good time! I had a gurkha furte last night, been sitting for over 6months. I enjoyed the big boy but it wasn't as strong as I would have thought. Very creamy and chocolaty. The draw was a little tight from the get-go, I punched another hole and it became fine. Don't find that too often in larger smokes but hey, it worked. It was my only one so along with the 3x ligero I'm going to have to get a lot more. I think the 3x ligero is my favorite gurkha thus far with the grand age, corniche, and grand reserve series. The furte makes that list too.
  • Options
    cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    phobicsquirrel:
    nice, always a good time! I had a gurkha furte last night, been sitting for over 6months. I enjoyed the big boy but it wasn't as strong as I would have thought. Very creamy and chocolaty. The draw was a little tight from the get-go, I punched another hole and it became fine. Don't find that too often in larger smokes but hey, it worked. It was my only one so along with the 3x ligero I'm going to have to get a lot more. I think the 3x ligero is my favorite gurkha thus far with the grand age, corniche, and grand reserve series. The furte makes that list too.
    I really like the Fuerte...it has such a great chocolaty taste to it. I started out with a La Aroma de Cuba today...It had a nice shiny oily wrapper and a great flavor. It was my last one too...I will get more of these.
  • Options
    hey chey, you have the triple ligero yet? It's a little stronger than the fuerte but damn good.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I like the Fuerte, too.

Best of luck to your daughter and her team, dep!
  • Options
    Damn. It was raining when I went to hop in the shower. When I got out fifteen minutes later, the ground was covered in half an inch of snow and it's still coming down like crazy.

Not much wind, though, so maybe I can get a smoke in.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Damn. It was raining when I went to hop in the shower. When I got out fifteen minutes later, the ground was covered in half an inch of snow and it's still coming down like crazy.

Not much wind, though, so maybe I can get a smoke in.
    that's what I like, snow and no damn wind!! enjoy urby!
  • Options
    ShawnJShawnJ Posts: 65
    Had a Perdomo Lot 23. Not my favorite cigar - a bit too "creamy". Normally, I like my cigars kind of sweet. Still an enjoyable cigar. Anyone else tried it? What are your thoughts?
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

ShawnJ:
    Had a Perdomo Lot 23. Not my favorite cigar - a bit too "creamy". Normally, I like my cigars kind of sweet. Still an enjoyable cigar. Anyone else tried it? What are your thoughts?

I have had a couple of these and enjoyed them. Shawn what do ya mean by sweet? Like an infused cigar or natural sweet chocolate cocoa flavors...

• Options
    I guess kind of an espresso flavor. Maybe cocoa-ish. My favorite cigars include CAO Gold and CAO MX2, Ashton Classic and Ashton Heritage. Also, I love the flavor of an Oliva Serie G.
  • Options
    You would most likely enjoy the Drew Estates Java Maduro..robusto or toro..you should give these a try
  • Options
    Thanks man - I'm writing down the name and I'll try to find some this week. I have an Arturo Fuente and a Rocky Patell for tomorrow.
  • Options

ShawnJ:
    Thanks man - I'm writing down the name and I'll try to find some this week. I have an Arturo Fuente and a Rocky Patell for tomorrow.

Let me know if you have any trouble finding them and I will help you out ...These are one of my absolute favorites....what kind of Fuente and RP ?

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ShawnJ:
    Not a big fan either, but still worth a try. I have read many positive things about this one by others here, it'sjust not one of my top picks. To be fair, I smoked this one with very little rest time, perhaps some aging improves them.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Just had a Gurkha Regent toro to relax before work... really great smoke. Cant wait for my shipment of Titans to come in!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a Ghurka Regent myself this afternoon, a torpedo. This is one of the few Ghurkas I like, or at least like enough to smoke another. Before the Regent, I had my first of the regular Fuente line, an 8-5-8 flor fina..that was a darn tasty cigar, mild enough to start the day, but flavorful too. To finish off the night (damn wind!) I had an Oliva Special S robusto, which smoked like a dream with a perfect draw and razor sharp burn. The Special S tastes like no other Oliva cigar I've had, wish they weren't discontinued.
  • Options
    That's good to know, regent will be coming here soon for me. I'm enjoying doble maduro, yum
  • Options
    jozer, have you had a gurkha triple ligero or a gurkha fuerte or doble maduro? Those are very good at least to me. I haven't had a regent but I have a few waiting for death!
  • Options
    I've had one Triple Ligero..it must have been flawed or something, because I got the most horrific chemical, metallic taste in my throat and it just stuck there. I've got one more in the humi, but I'm hesitant to try it.
  • Options
    hmmm, I had mine in the humi oh for like a month or so. I got a 5er of them. and it was very, very to my liking. I already ordered a 15 bundle. if you have another try it. I can always send you another ...
  • Options
    I'll give it another shot one of these days...I'm so bogged down with cigars that it seems like I'll never smoke them all in my lifetime.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I'll give it another shot one of these days...I'm so bogged down with cigars that it seems like I'll never smoke them all in my lifetime.
    This is the way to get some serious age on many of your favorites. That is not a bad "problem" to have. Have you been keeping track of age on your cigars ? It would be interesting to see how much time some of these will get.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    This is the way to get some serious age on many of your favorites. That is not a bad "problem" to have. Have you been keeping track of age on your cigars ? It would be interesting to see how much time some of these will get.
    The most track keeping I do is use a sharpie marker to scibble the month and year on a box. Aside from that, I leave it up to my memory, which is actually pretty reliable for the most part. I'm paying extra attention to my La Aurora 1495/1994, the boxes I have are marked and unopened, the unopened ones will stay that way for 2 years minimum some much longer, can't wait to crack one of those out.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    The most track keeping I do is use a sharpie marker to scibble the month and year on a box. Aside from that, I leave it up to my memory, which is actually pretty reliable for the most part. I'm paying extra attention to my La Aurora 1495/1994, the boxes I have are marked and unopened, the unopened ones will stay that way for 2 years minimum some much longer, can't wait to crack one of those out.
    I know you and I collected those for a while last year, how many did you end up with? I got three, finished one, one open and one resting.
  • Options
    The RP Decade was indeed the smoke of the night. I have to change my mind between the ITC and Decade. The Decade would now be my fav between the two. This one was very snooth and flavorful , hated to put it down. Everything about it was outstanding....will def be picking some up to rest
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    I know you and I collected those for a while last year, how many did you end up with? I got three, finished one, one open and one resting.
    I think I have 5 unopened, one opened but resting with one stick missing.
  • Options
    Day-um, Joe. I've got 3 boxes of La Cuna 85's, but no more than one of anything else.

Relevant to nothing: it's still snowing here. I bet we've got 5-6 inches on the ground, and they're predicting snow all night. Weird for this late in winter, here. It'll all be gone tomorrow, though.
  • Options
    A good thing doesn't stick around forever, so I figgered I better stock up...glad I did, because they were all gone a couple weeks after I picked up the last of my collection. Same with the Oliva Special S...I don't really need any, but I'm buying some anyway because I know they'll be hard, if not impossible, to find when I run out. Speaking of the Special S, have you had the robusto?
  • Options
    I agree. Just giving you a hard time.

I've never had the robusto. The first one I tried was the diadema, I liked it, so I stuck with it. Have you had one, or just thinking about picking some up?
  • Options
    I had one just today, and it was pretty dang good. Not quite like anything Oliva I've had.