Home General Discussion
Options

near death experience... cigar recommendations??

I wanna start by saying thank God. Seriously.

yesterday, while driving to visit my parents, on I20, my car hydroplained... I was in a flow of traffic, and my only safe move for those around me was to point it towards the median and ride it out. Well it went completely sideways and drifted through the entire median, only stopping about 6 feet short of the oncoming traffic lane ( I litterally went across the whole grassy median), and the next vehicle coming was a transfer truck!

well, I can say without doubt, that even though I was in the driver's seat, God was steering the car. It came to a stop short of their lane, and the transfer truck was able to get by me without issue.

there's about 20 way that crash could've been fatal, but I walked away without a scratch, and no major damage to the car.

NOW, I need to know... what kind of cigar do I smoke at a time like this?

Comments

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Glad you made it buddy, as for a cigar? I'd say put down cigar and go hug the family ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    I would ask the Angel sitting on your shoulder, what cigar he wanted. I am glad you are OK.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Krieg:
    Glad you made it buddy, as for a cigar? I'd say put down cigar and go hug the family ;)
    Trust me, that was the very first thing I did!
  • Options
    Glad to hear you are alright Big T. I have had one of those close calls before. Someone was watching out for you!!!
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Glad you are ok. A little scary there. I would go with an Oliva V. Relaxing and won't fail you when you just want to sit and not worry about the cigar.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Wow - scary $hit right there. Glad you're OK bro. I'd go with a Diesel unlimited or something that would pack a punch. Or maybe a RP The Edge would be appropriate since you just saw 'the edge' - plus it will pack a punch too!
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:

+1 Glad your okay.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Hey, Big T now knock that *** off,,you still gotta lot cigars to try. I know you werent able to get your Nascar in this weekend cause of the rain and all but no reason for you to start terrorizing the commuters. ;O).. Well Krieg hit the important stuff,so afer that, I would say that the Oliva V is a good choice.. Otherwise I'd say a Cain Daytona!!!!
    EM Auto racing
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW! I'm glad you're ok! I say have two cigars after that ride...a Diesel and an Oliva V

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Glad you're alive dude.

• Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    Now we know who NOT to drive with!! lol
  • Options
    Glad you ok, I would go with a stiff drink and something with a punch.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Glad you're ok man. Had a near death experience on an ATV in Mexico, flipped it on a dune in the desert. Took me a couple months to get my head straight after that. After you hug the wife and kids I say Tequila and an Armada.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    amz1301:
    Glad you're ok man. Had a near death experience on an ATV in Mexico, flipped it on a dune in the desert. Took me a couple months to get my head straight after that. After you hug the wife and kids I say Tequila and an Armada.
    That sounds like a dynamite combo Andrew!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Dude, I did the same thing when I was 18 in Georgia. I slid sideways all the way across too and landed the same way you did. It was very scary. My advice - smoke em all. Glad you're okay man.
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    Hydroplaning is no joke and that's a fact! I'm glad you made it alright and it's a great bonus that the car did too.

1) Conjugate w/ the wife
    2) Kiss your babies
    3) Smoke a perfecto

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you came out allright there brother. You were definitely being looked out for. After hugging and loving the family I'd say definitely something with some punch.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JonathanE:
    Hydroplaning is no joke and that's a fact! I'm glad you made it alright and it's a great bonus that the car did too.

1) Conjugate w/ the wife
    2) Kiss your babies
    3) Smoke a perfecto

And a big +1 to what JDE said.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    greg2648:
    I would ask the Angel sitting on your shoulder, what cigar he wanted. I am glad you are OK.
    hahaha good call greg, a big +1 to this suggestion. So, my vote is close your eyes stick your hand in the humi and someke whatever to end up with.

Glad your ok though Big T.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    The Kid:
    Hey, Big T now knock that *** off,,you still gotta lot cigars to try. I know you werent able to get your Nascar in this weekend cause of the rain and all but no reason for you to start terrorizing the commuters. ;O).. Well Krieg hit the important stuff,so afer that, I would say that the Oliva V is a good choice.. Otherwise I'd say a Cain Daytona!!!!
    Cain Daytona . . . LOL
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Surprised no one said Ave Maria yet...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear you are safe brother. If you choose to smoke a cigar, make sure you just reflect on all the things you are thankful for and enjoy every moment of it.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Smoke one you have been holding on to for a special occasion... you never know when your time is up, so take advantage of the time you have, and smoke a good one!
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    +1! I love both of these!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    The bset one you have, it was nearly your last!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Glad you are okay!
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Phew. Glad to hear you're alright man. The thought of traffic accidents scare me.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    WOAH! That's crazy man, glad to hear you made it out unscathed!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Whatever your favorite cigar is or something you are waiting to smoke for a special occassion, this IS the occassion!
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I decided to go with the oldest MoW Ruination I had, and followed that up with a Cohiba Siglo IV I had been given a few years back.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. This truly is the best forum I've ever seen.