Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to smoke so bad tonight..had one of those days on my first day back @ work since Dec23rd..however its my youngest daughters 6th birthday today and she always reminds me how bad smoking is for me. So I will take tonight off and try to make up for it tomorrow night!
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Just enjoyed a Kristoff Crillo corona. Excellent smoke, perfect burn. Ash didn't drop till an inch and a half in, which I thought was impressive for a corona. I like everything Kristoff has to offer. Alex, if you read this please get these so I don't feel like im cheating everytime I buy some.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a La Perla Habana Classic.. it's been a while since I smoked one of these. It was much better than I remember.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    t_evan50:
    Just enjoyed a Kristoff Crillo corona. Excellent smoke, perfect burn. Ash didn't drop till an inch and a half in, which I thought was impressive for a corona. I like everything Kristoff has to offer. Alex, if you read this please get these so I don't feel like im cheating everytime I buy some.
    +1 IDK what it is but Kristoff stuff tastes really good. I would love if ccom offered them.

• Husker44Husker44 Posts: 172
    t_evan50:

I agree, I have had a few of these from the local B&M and have not been disappointed
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    San Cristobal
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a 5 Vegas Triple A tonight, love this stick...box dated Sept '09...
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    CAO Italia. Really liking CAO lately.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    first up was La Aurora 107 Lancero

later was a LFD Double Ligero Mauro.
  • absolutjerabsolutjer Posts: 120
    My first Montecristco No. 1 tonight. while I smoked my first cigar 12 years ago or so, I am still pretty new because up until a few months ago I only smoked 3 or 4 sticks a year. I have taken a much bigger interest in the past few months and have been enjoying 2 or 3 smokes a week, so I have been wanting to try a lot of different brands. I like this MC but it is a but mild for my taste so far, still having a nice relaxing time with it out on my balcony which over looks an airport 7 miles away or so, nice smoke for watching the planes land. UPDATE: just about half way in and now starting to enjoy this much more..
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Unbanded Isom sent along in a trade by a fellow Bork on this site.
    I gotta tell you it looked promising, but turned out to be a Dog Rocket!!

It was my 1st cigar in at least a month so very very dissapointing.

Im going to go with an ole stand by next.

Well it was supposed to be a Gurkha Sherpa cafe but I dropped it in my car it exploded and burned a hole in my carpet.Sad [:(]
    Had a Puros Indios that I fired up... it almost hit the spot.

• stephen_hannibal:
    Well it was supposed to be a Gurkha Sherpa cafe but I dropped it in my car it exploded and burned a hole in my carpet.Sad [:(]
    Had a Puros Indios that I fired up... it almost hit the spot.

Ouch, Had a Puros Indios as well last night, really glad you got me to retry those Stephen. Love them.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Had a Rocky Patel Decade, pretty good.
    Light 'em up.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    today was an OpusX **** from 06.

it retains a good amount of spice even at this age.

edit:
    this is the 1000th page of this thread.
    good for us.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    today was an OpusX **** from 06.

it retains a good amount of spice even at this age.

edit:
    this is the 1000th page of this thread.
    good for us.
    I was just going to point that out. Well, who better to hit the 1000th page mark than you.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Awesome deal we hit 1000 pages on this thread! I've got some updates for the last few days. I had some really good cigars so I'll just run down the list.
    1. CAO La Traviata Maduro robusto Sunday night.
    2. La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor churchill Monday night with Garen.
    3. RP Sun Grown torpedo also monday night with Garen.
    4. DPG Cuban Classic robusto Tuesday night.

Paired the first 3 smokes with The Dalmore 12 Yr. then Tuesday night I had a glass of Glennfiddich 15 Yr. and a couple glasses of Caol Ila 12 Yr. Good weekend of cigars and drinks for me.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    LHC OF Belicoso and a Diesel Unlimited Belicoso, if I had the time for a night smoke I'd find a 3rd belicoso if I had one...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Padron 1964 Anniversary Torpedo... Fantastic cigar. Marked December 2008. This was a Christmas gift from my wife. I have one more, It will be difficult not to think about this one.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    RP Decade. Really don't care for it

After much trial and error (and almost vomiting when I got it wrong/accidentally inhaled), I've finally learned how to retrohale on command. It seems that I get the same tastes retrohaling as I do smelling the smoke, or smacking my tongue against the roof of my mouth, just more concentrated and focused. And for those new to it - milds really are best; half the time after I retrohale with this RP Decade, I have to hold one nostril at a time shut as I blow out to purge the burning sensation :/

Anyway, enough about my new found ability that most everyone on these boards can do - the Decade, to me, is really dominant in a single flavor (I think someone called it wood?). I just don't care for this flavor very much, and in the Decade, that's the ONLY flavor I'm getting. So either my palate is gloriously unrefined (a safe bet to make), or the Decade is monotonous, or a bit of both.

At any rate, I've still got half of it to go, but since the first half hasn't been to my liking, I don't have high hopes for the second half.

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Had a Cu-Avana Intenso Toro today. This one had about 9 months on it and it was great. Some rest seems to have mellowed the edges a bit and brought out some sweetness in the flavor. Kind of chocolaty along with the pepper. I love it when a $2 stick satisfies me this much.
    Nubbed a Ccom sungrown. The extra rest has done them good.

Picked up a CAO Brazilia box press tonight...been wanting to try the Brazilia for a while now...nice flavours with it, the draw though was not my kinda draw, wasn't a quality issue just a tighter draw than I like and that can really put me off a stick, I'd try it another vitola though...
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Padilla Series 68...very, very good cigar, was given to me from a fellow BOTL!
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    smoked an Augusto Reyes Maduro and a La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    JCizzle:
    This cigar held the #1 spot for me for a long time. Not sure what changed, the blend or my tasted buds, but as it is still a good cigar it just doesnt do it for me anymore!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Padilla Miami Robusto - oh so good
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Fourtotheflush:
    JCizzle:
    This cigar held the #1 spot for me for a long time. Not sure what changed, the blend or my tasted buds, but as it is still a good cigar it just doesnt do it for me anymore!
    The very first one I had was amazing. None have lived up that after. They all seem to be just alright.
    Had an AB Tempus on the drive home...
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    rwheelwright:
    Fourtotheflush:
    JCizzle:
    The very first one I had was amazing. None have lived up that after. They all seem to be just alright.
    exactly the same with me.