Home General Discussion
Options

Awesome Experience!

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
Last week was the grand opening of a new cigar shop in the city I work in. I didn't have a chance to stop in and check it out until today on my way to work. Much to my surprise this isn't a normal cigar shop, but a boutique cigar factory that just relocated from Tampa! I met the owner/blender who showed me around the humidor and told me about their operation and the different blends of their cigars. I picked up one to sample and even though they were a bit pricey, this cigar smells fantastic! I'm really excited about spending some time at this place and learning some from this guy. A few years ago when they were located in Tampa their shop earned the top cigar maker in Tampa from the Dupont Registry. They also have a very nice lounge and will be having live music on the weekends... I'm really excited about this new discovery!

Comments

• Options
    aron325aron325 Posts: 158
    sounds absolutely amazing. wish i could have shared the same experience at my local b&m. mine has kinda rude people and rediculous prices except on premium blends like the opus x. anyways sounds like a great place to relax. hope you enjoy yourself
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Sounds like a great place and experience Jason. Let us know if you find some good smokes .
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Wait . . . why'd they relocate from Tampa? What's their name? I'm curious if they relocated or just opened a sister store (from what you said, the place sounds like great; I wanna check it out)
  • Options
    They actually relocated not just expanded. Shoot me a PM and I'll tell you the name of the place. I dont' wanna say it on the open forum because they are doing internet sales some now.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    PM sent
  • Options
    Back at you sir!
  • Options
    I think one of the things that excites me the most is how much I could learn hanging out at this shop and getting to know the people up there. Their rollers are all from Cuba and all trained at the Partagas factory which has a very strict training program. I am hoping to eventually learn how to roll cigars and learn more about the blending process... Don't want to make it a career, just something interesting to learn.