Home General Discussion

Arturo Fuente Work Of Art Maduro

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
Ccom is out of em. I didnt even know they made those. Anyone know where I can pick up a few from and what should I expect to pay for them.

Also, are they a great smoke? I dont see a review on them here.

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Man, maduro Hemingways are as rare as the Holy Grail. Soon as they're released, the rich and lucky **** them up. It's very rare that an average joe like us would have any on our hands.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I did some searching online and I see that ccom sells em for $22+ per stick...but I see others have the WoA for about $11. Thats the price of the natural wrapper, but I also see maduro for the same price. Could they be wrong?
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I think my B&M has these for 30$ which is the main reason I haven't bought them lol
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    These are yet another super rare Fuente, that like the Opus and Anejo, gets snapped up as soon as they are released. Your best bet is to look around on forums and see if anyone has any for sale or trade.
    If they are like $30 everywhere, how come when I google it, I can find em for about $11 a stick? Are they not trustworthy to buy from?
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    zeebra:
    If they are like $30 everywhere, how come when I google it, I can find em for about $11 a stick? Are they not trustworthy to buy from?
    Well, you have to find some place that has them in stock. Most B&Ms mark them up fairly high since they are so hard to come by.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    zeebra:
    found em for $10 each at a reputable source. pm to ya
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    cholmes8310:
    zeebra:

Could I get the same PM from you sir??
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    Man, maduro Hemingways are as rare as the Holy Grail. Soon as they're released, the rich and lucky **** them up. It's very rare that an average joe like us would have any on our hands.
    lies!!!

they are rare and a bit of luck is involved. my local B&M gets em. i am an average joe, and i get them quite easily when they are released. next time i see them ill grab some for ya.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    These are yet another super rare Fuente, that like the Opus and Anejo, gets snapped up as soon as they are released. Your best bet is to look around on forums and see if anyone has any for sale or trade.
    is there anything Fuente makes that isn't "super rare"? just seems everything that comes from them is either a limited or special release..etc...

"Long ashes my friends."

yeah... the Gran Reserva in natural and maduro
    the hemmingway
    Don Carlos
    Sungrown

really they have a decent "regular line" and then limited annual release cigars. its not like Tatuaje where there is one run in one year of one special cigar is all you will get. off the top of my head there is only one Fuente that is one run that i can think of... Lost city.

yes there are other cigars that Fuente put out that are VERY rare but most of those were never meant for the public to consume. its hardly fair to count those because EVERY cigar company has those kinds of cigars. if you want just about any fuente you can find them. you may have to look for a bit, but they are out there.

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    wwhwang:
    lies!!!

they are rare and a bit of luck is involved. my local B&M gets em. i am an average joe, and i get them quite easily when they are released. next time i see them ill grab some for ya.
    Sweet. Thanks for keeping me in mind, kuzi. I'd definitely appreciate it.
    firetruckguy:
    cholmes8310:
    zeebra:

Could I get the same PM from you sir??
    yep. done.
    wwhwang:
    pm to ya
    Thanks man!

Why is the Untold Story so much more than the Work Of Art, when they are about the same size? Is there a huge difference, cause I could get 2 WoA for the same price as 1 Untold Story.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    My B&M has almost a full box each of the Hemingway Work of Art Maduro, 2 Anejo sizes including the Shark, and 2 or 3 sizes of Don Carlos right now.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE HEMINGWAY MADUROS. They are by far my favorite AF cigar, and they are definitely Top 5 overall for me. My shop owner is supposed to get a box of Hemingway Maduro Signatures soon too... I cannot express my excitement...

bacon.jay:
    My B&M has almost a full box each of the Hemingway Work of Art Maduro, 2 Anejo sizes including the Shark, and 2 or 3 sizes of Don Carlos right now.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE HEMINGWAY MADUROS. They are by far my favorite AF cigar, and they are definitely Top 5 overall for me. My shop owner is supposed to get a box of Hemingway Maduro Signatures soon too... I cannot express my excitement...

How much do they go for with your local?
    zeebra:
    bacon.jay:

How much do they go for with your local?
    He's got pretty fair prices. I think the Work of Art Maduro is like $10, the Anejo Sharks I think are maybe $22.

I can't remember what the other ones are, and I may even be wrong about those prices.

Ok thanks! I just ordered 4 of the AF Maduro Work of Art for $10 each. Thanks for the info fellas!
    zeebra:
    Ok thanks! I just ordered 4 of the AF Maduro Work of Art for $10 each. Thanks for the info fellas!
    you remember my finders fee? ;) Enjoy em! I'm thinking about firing up an Anejo this weekend... One of those things I'm scared to smoke because I'm afraid I'll love them and not be able to afford many more, haha.
    cholmes8310:
    zeebra:
    you remember my finders fee? ;) Enjoy em! I'm thinking about firing up an Anejo this weekend... One of those things I'm scared to smoke because I'm afraid I'll love them and not be able to afford many more, haha.
    I'll inform my wife about the finders fee....lol. I've heard great things about these maduros, so I'm pretty excited about em. I already love the natural ones, so I dont know about these...

Thanks for the info again cholmes!
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    cholmes8310:
    zeebra:
    Could I get the PM too? I just broke down and got a Natural 'cause I could'nt find a Maduro.
    ya, its cholmes ref, so you can thank him. pm to ya
    KCW:
    cholmes8310:
    zeebra:
    Could I get the PM too? I just broke down and got a Natural 'cause I could'nt find a Maduro.
    looks like zeebra got you covered, but did you get my PM about the Mysterio? I saw you said you were looking for one of those too, so I sent you a different link
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    What color is the ribbon on them, I have a Fuente maduro with a green ribbon....... same same?
    firetruckguy:
    What color is the ribbon on them, I have a Fuente maduro with a green ribbon....... same same?
    Reserva has green on the bottom of the band Sungrown is black on the botom of the band with a black ribbon Shade grown is green on the botom of the band with a green ribbon Anejo has a cream bottom and a red band and also says anejo Don Carlos has black on the botom of the band and no ribbon the hemmingway is the only one that is confusing. it has the same set up as the Don Carlos, but they are all a perfecto vitola of various sizes.

the fuente you have is a reserva maduro. the hemmingway maduro is a perfecto shaped maduro with black on the bottom of the band and no ribbon, like this (taken from the aging humidor):
    that is the cigar you are looking for.
    again, note the bottom of the band is black and the shape of the cigar. this is a very dark maduro, pretty much black.

sorry... its my only one though. otherwise id hook you all up.
    kuzi16:
    firetruckguy:
    Reserva has green on the bottom of the band Sungrown is black on the botom of the band with a black ribbon Shade grown is green on the botom of the band with a green ribbon Anejo has a cream bottom and a red band and also says anejo Don Carlos has black on the botom of the band and no ribbon the hemmingway is the only one that is confusing. it has the same set up as the Don Carlos, but they are all a perfecto vitola of various sizes.

the fuente you have is a reserva maduro. the hemmingway maduro is a perfecto shaped maduro with black on the bottom of the band and no ribbon, like this (taken from the aging humidor):
    that is the cigar you are looking for.
    again, note the bottom of the band is black and the shape of the cigar. this is a very dark maduro, pretty much black.

sorry... its my only one though. otherwise id hook you all up.
    There should be a sticky thread regarding identifying a cigar by the combination of its band, size, and shape. I know that the AF line is quite confusing, as is Gurkha and sometimes Padilla once you get into their smaller runs.

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I picked up some WoA Maduros several months ago at my local shop for about $8 a stick. I thought it was a very reasonable price and a fantastic cigar! They have them in stock fairly often.
    Man, I thought I was getting better at looking at cigars, guess not! Looks like there is alot more to know ...you learn more and more everyday huh?

Thanks for the info Kuzi!
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    cholmes8310:
    KCW:
    cholmes8310:
    zeebra:
    looks like zeebra got you covered, but did you get my PM about the Mysterio? I saw you said you were looking for one of those too, so I sent you a different link
    Thank you both! (boy I've spent a lot of cigar $$$ lately!)