Home Cigar 101

What do you do with a new order of cigars?

2»

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    rusirius:
    madurofan:
    urbino:
    Does your girlfriend know you've got this stuff in yer head?
    Lasabar:
    Bi-polar/Stripper"
    First I believe his girlfriend perpetuates his sickness. Just look at the pic of her in his avi, shes giving him the mind control eyes.

Second I believe our friend Lassy spends way too much time alone with Dave Atell. Lassy may have been the confused young man in Atell's routines.
    Nope, that was me... Smile [:)]
    Um , was the old lady cool with that?
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    rusirius:
    madurofan:
    urbino:
    Lasabar:
    Bi-polar/Stripper"
    First I believe his girlfriend perpetuates his sickness. Just look at the pic of her in his avi, shes giving him the mind control eyes.

Second I believe our friend Lassy spends way too much time alone with Dave Atell. Lassy may have been the confused young man in Atell's routines.
    To hell with her... I wasn't cool with it... But they offered me a lifetime supply of Jiffy Peanut Butter... Can't turn it down ya know?
    rusirius:
    madurofan:
    rusirius:
    madurofan:
    urbino:
    Lasabar:
    Bi-polar/Stripper"

To hell with her... I wasn't cool with it... But they offered me a lifetime supply of Jiffy Peanut Butter... Can't turn it down ya know?
    LMAO, you're gonna fit in just fine around here. By the way what the HELL is wet shaving?
    madurofan:
    LMAO, you're gonna fit in just fine around here. By the way what the HELL is wet shaving?
    LOL, shaving the way a man ought to shave... No "can-o-goo", no 74 blade multi-blade $50 per cartridge piece of crap... No irritation... No spots... No missed spots... A perfect BBS shave... That's wet shaving... ;)

Think of shaving the way your grandad did... With a brush made out of badger hair for the lather, a good soap or english cream, a double-edge safety razor or straight, etc...

Here's a couple pics... ;)

I remember those brushes at my grandads house. No irritation sounds good but you gotta worry about cutting the hell outta urself don't ya?
    I used to go to an old barber shop where I went to college they always used a straight razor and hot foam to shave your neck. For an extra $5 they'd shave your face with the straight razor, I used to love that because I could go a week without shaving again after that.
    madurofan:
    I remember those brushes at my grandads house. No irritation sounds good but you gotta worry about cutting the hell outta urself don't ya?
    Nah... As a matter a fact... In my entire life I've only ever cut myself shaving 4 times...

Once was when I was shaving my head with a headblade and I was in a hurry... Caught my ear on the upstroke... Ouch... ;)

Once was under my cheek with a sensor excel

Once was on the top of my lip with a mach 3

Once was a distracted moment right under my eye, also with a mach 3

I've been wet shaving with a DE and straights for over 3 years now and I've NEVER cut myself with 'em... ;)

BUT... In all fairness I will say this... It's probably more related to the fact that shaving is no longer a "chore" for me... I used to hate shaving, now I really enjoy it, so I tend to take a little longer and slow down a lot... So that's probably a big part of it, just being more careful...
    madurofan:
    I used to go to an old barber shop where I went to college they always used a straight razor and hot foam to shave your neck. For an extra $5 they'd shave your face with the straight razor, I used to love that because I could go a week without shaving again after that.
    Man, how lucky you were... Those shaves are hard to come by these days...

You know that shave that was so close you could go days without shaving again? I get those every day... Stick out tongue [:P]

Seriously though, When I shaved with cartridge razors I'd have a 5 o'clock shadow by about 2pm... Now when I shave I can actually skip an entire day and it won't be till 3 or 4 the following day till I get that same shadow... ;)
    You I miss those. There were two guys that worked in there father and son. The father scared the hell out of me he was quick with that straight blade and he was always pissed off. Nothing was cooler than that though. Hearing the straight blades smacking the strip of leather they used to wipe it off with.
  • WOW!!!!!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ok... im a few days late.

what do I do with that awesome new shipment of cigars...

I open the box and inspect each and every one carefully. I pick out the best 2 or so from each vitola and date them and throw them in the aging humidor. i take the rest and date them and put them in the "to be smoked humidor" or the "not sure if ill smoke em soon or not" humidor. the first of the shipment MIGHT be smoked after 6 weeks of rest.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Well, I apparently lose cigars that I just buy. I lost 3 Partagas 150s and a Don Carlos Robusto. I was checking out my stuff last night and I only have 20 Partagas left. It was a box of 25 and I smoked one and gave one to a friend. I can't find the other three. I'm hoping that they just fell when I was transfering them but I have a feeling my cousin came into my room and took them. We'll see!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Well, I apparently lose cigars that I just buy. I lost 3 Partagas 150s and a Don Carlos Robusto. I was checking out my stuff last night and I only have 20 Partagas left. It was a box of 25 and I smoked one and gave one to a friend. I can't find the other three. I'm hoping that they just fell when I was transfering them but I have a feeling my cousin came into my room and took them. We'll see!
    Time to start punching people or just plain killing everyone around you!
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    rwheelwright:
    Time to start punching people or just plain killing everyone around you!

Hah, I like how you solve problems, Lassy.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    as a general rule I let new cigars sit for about 3 weeks in my humidor. if its a box, its usually somthing I already have, and am working on another box and wont open the new one till the old is gone, usually about a year.
  • jihiggs:
    as a general rule I let new cigars sit for about 3 weeks in my humidor. if its a box, its usually somthing I already have, and am working on another box and wont open the new one till the old is gone, usually about a year.

Hmm, I wish i had an aging humi like Kuzi. Thanks for the information.

Jihiggs, do you mean a box as in the box the cigars came in?

Do you usually leave the box the cigars came in for over a year? without putting in a humidifying device?

Always learning to have fun.

Thanks.